Expectations for trade week

Remove this Banner Ad

we're keeping Mcdonald. Bruce really hasn't shown much leadership apart from winning the odd coin toss and he really isn't the player we need him to be, i can see him going for a pick between 20-25 in a three way deal

and he cant even do that like a capatin..........in track suit pants, god help us.

I doubt that we will trade the likes of Bruce, Green and Robertson. After losing four veterans in Neitz, Yze, White and Holland, the club will want to ensure that we still have some experienced players at the club.

As far as trading for any opposition players, I doubt we will be highly involved and will just be happy to go to the draft.

I doubt that we will trade the likes of Bruce, Green and Robertson. After losing four veterans in Neitz, Yze, White and Holland, the club will want to ensure that we still have some experienced players at the club.

As far as trading for any opposition players, I doubt we will be highly involved and will just be happy to go to the draft.

Bailey chose not to play Yze, White & Holland, so the only one we're really losing as far as experience goes on field, is Neitz and we knew he was going.

I don't agree with people saying we should trade 5, 6 or 7 experienced players, this is not how Hawthorn did it, they traded Thompson one year and then Lonie & Hay the next, they didn't go stupid and trade 5 or 6 key players in one go.

But i do think that we should try to trade 1 or 2, maybe even 3 if we get fair compensation. It all really depends on what we think is accpetable and what's being offered, then compromising.

Have by very good authority that unless green gets a 3 yeara signed by the end of next week he will demand a trade.

Who is this source?

One of your mates from Geelong? :D

If true, which I sincerely doubt, I wouldn't mind him being traded. Firstly, it would give a great player a chance to be involved in a premiership and secondly, it would really allow us to build from the bottom up. On the down side, we will probably finish last again without him.....but that would also assist us in rebuilding as we would get the top picks two seasons straight.

Who is this source?

One of your mates from Geelong? :D

If true, which I sincerely doubt, I wouldn't mind him being traded. Firstly, it would give a great player a chance to be involved in a premiership and secondly, it would really allow us to build from the bottom up. On the down side, we will probably finish last again without him.....but that would also assist us in rebuilding as we would get the top picks two seasons straight.

you didnt hear it from me cannons but......cough, 2 teams have already offered brads manager 3 or more year deals to get his services cough...

the teams that ive been told are collingwood and sydney.

I've thought up some possible deals.

Daniel Bell & Pick 35 to Port Adelaide for Pick 22.

David Mundy to Melbourne for Pick 19.

Adam Thomson to Melbourne for Pick 35.

Greg Bentley and Pick 22 to Melbourne for Pick 17.

Chris Egan and Pick 29 to Melbourne for Pick 17.

I've thought up some possible deals.

Daniel Bell & Pick 35 to Port Adelaide for Pick 22. :thumbsu:

David Mundy to Melbourne for Pick 19.:thumbsu:

Adam Thomson to Melbourne for Pick 35.:thumbsdown:

Greg Bentley and Pick 22 to Melbourne for Pick 17.:thumbsdown:

Chris Egan and Pick 29 to Melbourne for Pick 17..:thumbsdown:

My thoughts as above

Not sure whether your thumbs meant good/bad for us or just the deal in general.

Daniel Bell & Pick 35 to Port Adelaide for Pick 22. Seems ok and would be good for us, but i couldn't see them doing it leaves them with picks 4, 35, 38.... which means they can't expect much to come out of this draft.

David Mundy to Melbourne for Pick 19. Would be happy to do this. Then we could trade Wheatley because Mundy is like a younger, more versatile, better version. Medium defender with a booming kick.

Adam Thomson to Melbourne for Pick 35. Thompson's probably worth more then 35. He'd be in our starting midfield, no one can figure out why Choco wasn't playing him. Also a averaged paced inside mid, we've already got plenty of those already.

Greg Bentley and Pick 22 to Melbourne for Pick 17. Fail. This guy is every chance to be delisted if he's out of contract. wouldn't give up more then a 4th round pick for him. We're not going to downgrade these early picks for rubbish players, even if Bails has a hard on for him

Chris Egan and Pick 29 to Melbourne for Pick 17. Double fail. This guy has talent but massive attitude issues, not what we need. Again is every chance to be delisted by collingwood and could be available via a late PSD pick. Watch collingwood posters jump headlong at this, they make a massive killing

Bailey chose not to play Yze, White & Holland, so the only one we're really losing as far as experience goes on field, is Neitz and we knew he was going.

I don't agree with people saying we should trade 5, 6 or 7 experienced players, this is not how Hawthorn did it, they traded Thompson one year and then Lonie & Hay the next, they didn't go stupid and trade 5 or 6 key players in one go.

But i do think that we should try to trade 1 or 2, maybe even 3 if we get fair compensation. It all really depends on what we think is accpetable and what's being offered, then compromising.

Not many people are calling for 5 or 6 to be traded and to be honest we don't have that many senior players who would offer anything decent at trade time. The only two that have currency are green and bruce and even then i would only trade them for picks inside 20/25.

you didnt hear it from me cannons but......cough, 2 teams have already offered brads manager 3 or more year deals to get his services cough...

the teams that ive been told are collingwood and sydney.

I thought clubs were not allowed to offer contracts to contracted players? Technically Green is still contracted to the Melbourne Footy Club until October, so I can't see how he could have already been offered contracts by 2 clubs.

Daniel Bell & Pick 35 to Port Adelaide for Pick 22. Seems ok and would be good for us, but i couldn't see them doing it leaves them with picks 4, 35, 38.... which means they can't expect much to come out of this draft.

David Mundy to Melbourne for Pick 19. Would be happy to do this. Then we could trade Wheatley because Mundy is like a younger, more versatile, better version. Medium defender with a booming kick.

Adam Thomson to Melbourne for Pick 35. Thompson's probably worth more then 35. He'd be in our starting midfield, no one can figure out why Choco wasn't playing him. Also a averaged paced inside mid, we've already got plenty of those already.

Greg Bentley and Pick 22 to Melbourne for Pick 17. Fail. This guy is every chance to be delisted if he's out of contract. wouldn't give up more then a 4th round pick for him. We're not going to downgrade these early picks for rubbish players, even if Bails has a hard on for him

Chris Egan and Pick 29 to Melbourne for Pick 17. Double fail. This guy has talent but massive attitude issues, not what we need. Again is every chance to be delisted by collingwood and could be available via a late PSD pick. Watch collingwood posters jump headlong at this, they make a massive killing

mundy just re-signed for two years with freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick to the draft picks mate, and rebuild with the kids. Don't waste your time trading for blokes that can't get a game at the clubs they are at now.

Stick to the draft picks mate, and rebuild with the kids. Don't waste your time trading for blokes that can't get a game at the clubs they are at now.

I only said yes to 2, one was us losing a player for a pick upgrade and the other was Mundy who would probably be every team's, except maybe Geelong's, best 22.

So where have i said we should trade for guys who can't get a game elsewhere? If you're refering to Thompson i said he's pretty good but we've already got too many of that sort of player, which was insinuating that we don't need him.

All that aside you're underlying opinion is correct, we need to build around draft picks and not trades. I don't really want to see any players, mayeb 1, come to the club in trade week. I would like to see us try to improve our draft position.

The only bloke there who cant get a game is Egan.

Your a douche mate. Stick to your own Visy Carlton Blues board.

I thought clubs were not allowed to offer contracts to contracted players? Technically Green is still contracted to the Melbourne Footy Club until October, so I can't see how he could have already been offered contracts by 2 clubs.

They've probably made a powerpoint presentation to him....:rolleyes:

Managers can do whatever they like (within reason and especially if they're discreet) and because most managers have probably got players at lots of clubs they have plenty of contacts they chat to regularly. It's probably less of a formal chat with Green and more of Greeny's manager having a coffee with the list managers of a few clubs and asking what they think he could be offered over 3 years.

Ahh what abour Thomson? He's been on the outer at Port and has only played 7 games this year. That's who i think he was refering to because i said he'd be worth getting for pick 35 but we don't need him, i didn't say anything about Egan.

You are the douche for trying to jump on a opposition supporter who's comment was quite valid

yea managers never sound out options for their players do they?? are you seriously that naive to believe everything is just done when people are out of contract??

pfff climb out from under your rock.

No he's making sense, no point trading for players with our picks unless it is reasonable. We also have 1st selection in the pre-season draft for a recycled player anyway.

They've probably made a powerpoint presentation to him....:rolleyes:

Managers can do whatever they like (within reason and especially if they're discreet) and because most managers have probably got players at lots of clubs they have plenty of contacts they chat to regularly. It's probably less of a formal chat with Green and more of Greeny's manager having a coffee with the list managers of a few clubs and asking what they think he could be offered over 3 years.

Ahh what abour Thomson? He's been on the outer at Port and has only played 7 games this year. That's who i think he was refering to because i said he'd be worth getting for pick 35 but we don't need him, i didn't say anything about Egan.

You are the douche for trying to jump on a opposition supporter who's comment was quite valid

I wasnt taking the piss out of you mate. The other lad.

Sorry if you thought overwise.

yea managers never sound out options for their players do they?? are you seriously that naive to believe everything is just done when people are out of contract??

pfff climb out from under your rock.

I didn't say that.

You're saying clubs have already offered 3 year deals, my understanding is that players can't be OFFERED contracts until they are officially out of contract.

Which Green isn't yet.

I didn't say that.

You're saying clubs have already offered 3 year deals, my understanding is that players can't be OFFERED contracts until they are officially out of contract.

Which Green isn't yet.

Ok ill rephrase what i mean just for, sorry.

Collingwood and Sydney have shown interest in Brad Green over a longer period (contract wise) than melbourne at present time is willing to commit too.

Hope your happy dez!:p

I didn't say that.

Which Green isn't yet.

Of course they don't officially offer players contracts, but they can do some negotiation and work out a few major details. It is not inconceivable for this to go on. Agents speak to clubs/other agents, this formulates a big part of their job. If what d-m says is true (which is highly questionable), this kind of feedback from Green's manager can create leverage during negotiation. Any reasonable agent would attempt to do so, in my opinion.

Of course they don't officially offer players contracts, but they can do some negotiation and work out a few major details. It is not inconceivable for this to go on. Agents speak to clubs/other agents, this formulates a big part of their job. If what d-m says is true (which is highly questionable), this kind of feedback from Green's manager can create leverage during negotiation. Any reasonable agent would attempt to do so, in my opinion.

i dont want green to leave but if it means i get to say "i told you so!!" it will be worth it cannons:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back