Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be disappointed in Broomhead if he chose to leave us after all the setbacks we(the club) have helped him through, obviously i wouldnt know the full story though.

Kennedy wouldnt surprise me if he requested a trade, the whole Kennedy and Grundy BFF is overused and im sure it wouldnt bother them much at all if they were split up, im sure they we just pretty good mates, and as soon as they were drafted together the Best friends stuff was overhyped, for what its worth Ben Kennedy seems to get along with Jackson Ramsay the most at the club, thats from an outsiders veiw.
I guess we wont know until he signs with you guys or not. I just do know he was pissed at the Crows, to the point of saying he didnt want to play for them.
Reality is that 90% of players re-sign with their current clubs.

Id be disappointed in Broomhead if he chose to leave us after all the setbacks we(the club) have helped him through, obviously i wouldnt know the full story though.

Kennedy wouldnt surprise me if he requested a trade, the whole Kennedy and Grundy BFF is overused and im sure it wouldnt bother them much at all if they were split up, im sure they we just pretty good mates, and as soon as they were drafted together the Best friends stuff was overhyped, for what its worth Ben Kennedy seems to get along with Jackson Ramsay the most at the club, thats from an outsiders veiw.
Yeah Kenno and Grundy are mates, but not as good as the media seems to think. Didn't go to school together and didn't play Sanfl footy together.

Yeah Kenno and Grundy are mates, but not as good as the media seems to think. Didn't go to school together and didn't play Sanfl footy together.

Jezz - I don’t think Going to the Same School or Playing for the same SANFL side would make a Difference.

They where both start doing there Pre-Seasons in 2012 together before they where even drafted

I think what I have Heard that this just pretty much the Media and Bigfooty Guessing

Why's everyone saying Kennedy is leaving when I'm hearing reports that he's on the brink of signing a two year deal?

Being Honest - No One except people close to Kennedy would have no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not even at the Trade rumour silly season yet......90% of these rumours will be wrong.

and I agree. It’s just talk at the moment and not much else.

Nothing will happen or more solid rumours until the Draft Combine Starts the week after the GF

Good read, I am surprised Gary Lyon did not mention the possibility of CFC picking up more high end junior talent in this year's draft to go with the existing unearthed talent. Our list is in good shape.

Don't know what happened there, someone just posted Garry Lyon's The Age article on Collingwood's young talent and then it disappeared.

If the rumours are true, Ben Kennedy was a first round pick, CFC would expect nothing less than a first round pick as compensation. The Crows are currently in 8th position which would mean they currently hold pick 10 in the national draft. I would make the swap but I doubt the Crows would.

Similar situation with Broomhead, first round draft pick again and PA are currently holding onto pick 12 in this years draft. I don't think I would make the swap.

If the Crows are willing to give up pick ten in this year's national draft for Kennedy(highly unlikely), Collingwood could possible end up with two top ten picks, second year running. Derek Hine you are a genius!

If the rumours are true, Ben Kennedy was a first round pick, CFC would expect nothing less than a first round pick as compensation. The Crows are currently in 8th position which would mean they currently hold pick 10 in the national draft. I would make the swap but I doubt the Crows would.

Similar situation with Broomhead, first round draft pick again and PA are currently holding onto pick 12 in this years draft. I don't think I would make the swap.

If the Crows are willing to give up pick ten in this year's national draft for Kennedy(highly unlikely), Collingwood could possible end up with two top ten picks, second year running. Derek Hine you are a genius!

I would much rather keep Kennedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back