Universal Love Favourite Freo moment of the regular season

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Good day all, been looking for an idea for a first time thread for a while and had this idea. Hopefully isn't anywhere else..

With the finals starting this weekend, thought id start a thread asking everyone's favourite Freo moment for the 2014 regular season. Reflecting on a few beauties will get nice and pumped up for the game v Sydney!
Could be a certain Win, a passage of play, a debut, an off field incident etc etc.

Personally;
Pavs 300th week & the game was awesome and Morabito return was my biggest highlights. Beating Hawthorn was up there too!

Good thread idea mate.

A single moment would have to be Ballaz goal against the Cats in Pav's 300th. Pure power and determination.

The best I've felt about 2014 is probably right now. This season has been one of the tightest ever with several contenders making claims at various points. Yet here we are in our 20th season, on the cusp of finals showing as good as form as anyone. Couldn't be more proud

Good thread idea mate.

A single moment would have to be Ballaz goal against the Cats in Pav's 300th. Pure power and determination.

The best I've felt about 2014 is probably right now. This season has been one of the tightest ever with several contenders making claims at various points. Yet here we are in our 20th season, on the cusp of finals showing as good as form as anyone. Couldn't be more proud

Agreed, ballaz has had a brilliant year. Apart from his suspensions. Hopefully rewarded with AA.
Yep, 3rd finals series in a row as well. Aggressively recruiting Lyon was one of the best things the club has done. Cannot wait for Saturday!

1. Mora
2. Neale's Derby game. I remember being a bit worried about the future of our list at the start of the year but watching him play like that made me realise that we are going to be playing finals footy for a while yet. The future looks so good in my opinion.
3. Balla's second half of the season has been as exciting as the Wiz's second half of 06. Maybe more so.

Thinking back... Just off the top of my head.

- Lachie Neale's winning goal vs Carlton - saved our season.
- that incredible shoot out vs Hawthorn (I hope Clarko wasn't just foxing us to reveal our hand)
- the fight back at Geelong even if we lost it at the siren
- Pav's first goal from the pocket on his 300th game

Was about 5 rows back from where he took his kick; knew without a doubt we had that game won after that. Best moment of 2014 for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking back... Just off the top of my head.

- Lachie Neale's winning goal vs Carlton - saved our season.
- that incredible shoot out vs Hawthorn (I hope Clarko wasn't just foxing us to reveal our hand)
- the fight back at Geelong even if we lost it at the siren
- Pav's first goal from the pocket on his 300th game
I have to agree with Pav's first goal on his 300th game :)

Most emotional: Pavs 300 Blubberfest.
Best Game: Hawthorn at Subi.
Best Performance in a Game: Fyfe in the game against Hawthorn.
Best Goal: Pavs running three bouncer down the wing against the Tiges in Melbourne.

Pav's 300th and 600th goal are right up there.

I'd also add the fightback in Geelong and the win against Hawthorn. The win against Collingwood in Round 1 is probably the best I have seen us play all year.

The continual growth of Sutty, Lachie and Zac Clarke as well as the emergence of Croz and Tabs rate right up there for me this season.

1. Winning the 1st qualifying final against Sydney
2. Ballas goal against Geelong
3. Pav's 600th goal

Bonus - Crozier, Neale, Taberner and Sutcliffe all taking a step up. I think our players development and recruiting in second to none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back