Finally!...A good news story to warm your heart....

Remove this Banner Ad

I laughed out loud at Trigg's appointment and I am now laughing even harder at the content of that article! :D

Had 13 years at the Cows for zero GF performances, left the club posting a loss, systematically cheated the salary cap costing them a gun FF and multiple high draft picks (whilst saving his own arse!) and threw Matty Rendell to the sword for far less (thank you you stupid campaigner!).

And now he's gone to the Filth and is already mismanaging them...we've got to have a whip around and send that man a gift basket!!

Carlton doesn't really have a relatable identity so it's no wonder they're having trouble getting members.

Add to that a prickly, unmarketable old prick of a coach, no really marketable players and you can see why they're struggling.

Carlton doesn't really have a relatable identity so it's no wonder they're having trouble getting members.

Add to that a prickly, unmarketable old prick of a coach, no really marketable players and you can see why they're struggling.

Dennis Armfield :drunk:

I laughed out loud at Trigg's appointment and I am now laughing even harder at the content of that article! :D

Had 13 years at the Cows for zero GF performances, left the club posting a loss, systematically cheated the salary cap costing them a gun FF and multiple high draft picks (whilst saving his own arse!) and threw Matty Rendell to the sword for far less (thank you you stupid campaigner!).

And now he's gone to the Filth and is already mismanaging them...we've got to have a whip around and send that man a gift basket!!
He's found the perfect fit at that bottom dwelling toilet of a club.

Good move Daisy... You don't see his mug much on footy shows any more nor being paid by Coles, Adidas, Cadbury etc to advertise their crap. He doesn't even have Thommos Team 13 at Carlton... In fact he has gone from one of the most marketable players in the competition to a nobody.

After Dale Thomas retires without fanfare with no love from Pie supporters who hate him and no love from Blues supporters who hate how they overpaid for him, I would like the Collingwood Football Club to use his story as an example of what happens when you give up loyalty for short term cash.

Good move knob

Good move Daisy... You don't see his mug much on footy shows any more nor being paid by Coles, Adidas, Cadbury etc to advertise their crap. He doesn't even have Thommos Team 13 at Carlton... In fact he has gone from one of the most marketable players in the competition to a nobody.

After Dale Thomas retires without fanfare with no love from Pie supporters who hate him and no love from Blues supporters who hate how they overpaid for him, I would like the Collingwood Football Club to use his story as an example of what happens when you give up loyalty for short term cash.

Good move knob

Tell us what you really think of him

Tell us what you really think of him
Haha yeah it started off about marketablity of Daisy and Carlton and ended up a little ragey. He is also quite knobbish

Daisy to me seems like the type of bloke who when the going gets tough at Carlton, will come back to Collingwood with his tail between his legs and beg for forgiveness. That being said I reckon he'll end up at Brisbane or GWS eventually.

Good move knob

I've read this 10 times already and each time it fills me with more joy.

Best post on BF for a long time!

Also, as a reminder to any player who leaves Collingwood, just insert name in this post for future reference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read this 10 times already and each time it fills me with more joy.

Best post on BF for a long time!

Also, as a reminder to any player who leaves Collingwood, just insert name in this post for future reference.
There's a player who moved north to another pissant club, who I hope becomes as irrelevant as Daisy. Although I'd describe him as more d****ead than knob.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good move knob

Beautifully said.

Add the imminent retirement of Judd and the poor kids supporting the Blues will only have Murphy and Gibbs left to love.
Both aren't your heart and soul types and Eddie Big Shorts is exciting Crows fans these days so maybe they could emotionally invest in one of their young stars like... like .....(still searching).... like their skipper on the weekend.......
Sam Rowe.

Note: I know he isn't young but it's a difficult search off the top of your head. :D

Fans need to be able to see the direction of a club, but from the top down it looks like they're just making it up as they go along and have done so for a long time now. Brown paper bags don't cut it any more. Hope it continues well into the future.

Imagine how many supporters they would have lost if they'd let go their 3 highest goal kickers over the past few years in Betts, Waite and Garlett.:oops:

Without trying to derail a quality thread, how many weeks into the year before the MM sacking countdown begins ? He's clearly staring down the barrel now.

Forgot to add, carlton are s**t!

Imagine how many supporters they would have lost if they'd let go their 3 highest goal kickers over the past few years in Betts, Waite and Garlett.:oops:

Without trying to derail a quality thread, how many weeks into the year before the MM sacking countdown begins ? He's clearly staring down the barrel now.
And Fev

Forgot to add, carlton are s**t!

The thing that will come back and haunt Mick is that when he was named coach, instead of assessing his list and make some tough calls going into trade week he spent that time on a book tour. He then came back and announced that the list was very healthy and was approaching his stupid premiership clock. He now has to admit that he was wrong and needs to rebuild but does he have the energy to complete a full rebuild? Is he even the right man?

image.png

Man, I love seeing Carlton crash and burn. This thread actually made me go and watch highlights of the Grand Final. That third quarter, wow! Dawes out of midair, Swan and Wellingham minutes later, and then a Didak smother, right foot snap and a shimmy! I must admit I cracked a smile seeing Wellingham, Thomas, Jolly and Dawes playing so well! What a team we were, what a club we are! Floreat Pica!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back