Resource Footage of old Geelong matches on television, VHS, DVD, digital and online

Remove this Banner Ad

Lose this game in Geelong. To Melbourne. Long haired Ablett. Seriously was this game really in 05? I know saying "how things have changed" is pretty cliche but in this case i think its appropriate to yell it

Lose this game in Geelong. To Melbourne. Long haired Ablett. Seriously was this game really in 05? I know saying "how things have changed" is pretty cliche but in this case i think its appropriate to yell it
First time we played Melbourne that year we got belted, second time we only lost by a point and we were given no chance to beat them in the Elimination Final.

First time we played Melbourne that year we got belted, second time we only lost by a point and we were given no chance to beat them in the Elimination Final.
It was eight years ago. Most likely we will lose to Melbourne multiple times in the next eight years.

Funny thing is the following week we played the Eagles who were a game or two clear on top of the ladder, and won by 12 goals.

Guys

as part of my VFL video collection, i find myself needing a particular Geelong game from season 1989, it was against Footscray at Western Oval on a sunday, the cats winning this game by 2 goals. Channel 7 did a 1 hour replay of this game. I have contacted ch 7 trying to get a copy but they cannot help me, neither can the clubs, AFL, torrents, name a game/sports delivered.

If anyone happens to have anything of this game, i would love to hear from you

thank you

I have a copy of that game but it's missing half of the 3rd quarter but shows the last quarter.
Gazza kicked 2 goals in the last while Flanagan bombed a ripping goal from 55 out to snare the Cats a win.

Am always after games from the 80's myself :thumbsu:

Hey guys im looking for a Torrent that has a heap of Geelong games from late 80's through to now...can anybody help me out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Ablett play CHB for most of the game ?

Nope, half back flank for the first three quarters. He copped a knock in a pack and went off in the third, then came on in the last quarter and kicked two from full forward. As was said Flanagan kicked a great goal from 50+ out on the boundary line to help seal the win.

The next week we lost to Fitzroy by 1 point (after leading by 32 at three quarter time), then lost to Hawthorn at Princes Park, then won 9 straight.

This is random and not sure if this is the correct thread.. But is there any footage out there of Abletts 1000th goal??

Have you tried youtube searching for it? Should be heaps of vision.

Quick search and I can't find it.
Thats pretty disappointing considering.....

This is random and not sure if this is the correct thread.. But is there any footage out there of Abletts 1000th goal??

Have you tried youtube searching for it? Should be heaps of vision.

Quick search and I can't find it.
Thats pretty disappointing considering.....

I've got it in my collection.

footscore should be able to help you out.

Nope, half back flank for the first three quarters. He copped a knock in a pack and went off in the third, then came on in the last quarter and kicked two from full forward. As was said Flanagan kicked a great goal from 50+ out on the boundary line to help seal the win.

The next week we lost to Fitzroy by 1 point (after leading by 32 at three quarter time), then lost to Hawthorn at Princes Park, then won 9 straight.

cheers Partridge, I remember listening to the game on the radio as a kid (caught the replay too from memory) - Ablett played some reasonably good football when Blight had him in defense too (from memory he played the majority of the pre-season comp matches in the backline that season) ..

Round 19, 1998.

Gosh - memory can be forgiving.
Until it was posted on our favourite site, I'd remembered this game as the one Justin Wood had easily won for us with three goals. I honestly thought it was a comfortable finish.
It was, in fact, a thriller. Moreover, it was probably undeserved in the end, excpet for the fact that we - the perennial losers - managed to knock of the the flag favourites after 6 straight losses.
Funnily enough, the one thing I do remember is the utter joy when we won.

Had to look and see what match you were talking about. Oh man I remember seeing the highlights of this match of the news even though I was only 7 years old! I'd only gone to my first match ever a couple of weeks earlier - Round 15 against Collingwood too (and may or may not have cried when we lost that one :p).

IIRC Scott West marked the ball with 30 seconds to go on the Geelong goal line, but because he was going back with the flight of it a bit and landed behind the line the umpire judged that he didn't mark it in play and gave the Cats what would be the winning rushed behind.

guys

looking for old geelong home and away games from seasons 1986-1989.

sports delivered/name a game released several games in 1987, but i have those. Also aware of the various torrents sites around, but have been unsuccessful with those.

Looking to trade footage with someone preferably, as i have a fair bit of footage from 1981-1985 that i can offer to use a trade.

If anyone can help me, please send me a pm

thanks

Guys, i am still looking for the following Geelong games:

1987 r20 geelong v carlton at kardinia park
1988 r6 geelong v sydney at kardinia park
1990 r19 brisbane v geelong at carrara

i have tried name a game/sports delivered, the AFL, the competing clubs, ch 7, the abc, youtube and torrents, with no luck.

Hoping that someone on here may have 1 of these on a old tape maybe? i can convert both vhs tapes as well as beta tapes to dvd with no problems.

If anyone can assist me, i would really love to hear from you

thank you

Guys, i am still looking for the following Geelong games:

1987 r20 geelong v carlton at kardinia park
1988 r6 geelong v sydney at kardinia park
1990 r19 brisbane v geelong at carrara

i have tried name a game/sports delivered, the AFL, the competing clubs, ch 7, the abc, youtube and torrents, with no luck.

Hoping that someone on here may have 1 of these on a old tape maybe? i can convert both vhs tapes as well as beta tapes to dvd with no problems.

If anyone can assist me, i would really love to hear from you

thank you

I always think you would get more help with your regular requests if you were to help others get access to the same games.

I'd love for these games to be available on a publicly viewable site that more people can enjoy rather than the account-activated and ratio-dependent one that these files have ended up on.

YouTube is the only way that can become possible but even then, the quality is lost having to upload each match/highlights.

P.S.
I would kill to get that v Sydney, rd6 game.

I'd love for these games to be available on a publicly viewable site that more people can enjoy rather than the account-activated and ratio-dependent one that these files have ended up on.

The ratio dependency is not bad. If you leave things seeding (even without uploading) you earn enough bonus points.

Bobby_ Have you considered putting any of your collection up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back