Formula 1 in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Given he had a fairly decent concussion, especially in the wake of the incidents we've seen with Jules and Schu, I'm not in the least surprised that they're being overly cautious with Fernando. It probably is just precautionary but McLaren aren't going to take any risks with their prized asset, just making sure he's 100% going into Melbourne.

Given he had a fairly decent concussion, especially in the wake of the incidents we've seen with Jules and Schu, I'm not in the least surprised that they're being overly cautious with Fernando. It probably is just precautionary but McLaren aren't going to take any risks with their prized asset, just making sure he's 100% going into Melbourne.
If he was anywhere else I could understand that, but given he's in Spain, if he just needs to rest surely he'd be better off at home?

It's strange.

I'm ridiculously excited for the 1st GP of the year. I can't wait, the tickets on the fridge are just taunting me.
I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the race itself, or seeing what Foxtel dish up coverage wise.

The Manor Marussia F1 Team has announced its full intention to compete in the 2015 Australian Grand Prix season opener and has confirmed Will Stevens as its first driver.
Despite no opportunity to test its car before the season, Manor's plans to return to the F1 grid is being supported by the FIA and is likely to see it using an updated version of its 2014 specification car in the opening three rounds before it brings a new car to the grid from Bahrain.
Ferrari has already confirmed its intention to supply the team with engines, albeit 2014 specification power units

Manor become the default newest version of HRT. By that I mean they just make it to Melbourne and spend all of free practice shaking the car down and then fail to make the 106% lap time required to get on the grid.

I'm all for supporting the minnows of F1, but some teams just haven't got the resources to deserve to be on the grid. Manor can't even afford 2015 engines FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if I'm more excited for the race itself, or seeing what Foxtel dish up coverage wise.

Going to be real interesting to see if they can come remotely close too what Channel 10 did... Is there any many reason why they gave up the full season rights? don't really want to sift through 29 pages of posts to try and find the answer :D

Going to be real interesting to see if they can come remotely close too what Channel 10 did... Is there any many reason why they gave up the full season rights? don't really want to sift through 29 pages of posts to try and find the answer :D
I assume financial reasons because from what I can recall F1 was a huge ratings booster for them

Just found out about the Foxtel thing today...

latest

The Mercs have finally showed their hand and put in a quick lap. 1.22.7 blows the competition away, 1.2 secs back to Williams and then the rest. Looks like another year of total domination by the silver cars.

The Mercs have finally showed their hand and put in a quick lap. 1.22.7 blows the competition away, 1.2 secs back to Williams and then the rest. Looks like another year of total domination by the silver cars.
Good news if you're a fan of the Silver Arrows. Or if you drive/work for them! Not so great for most fans, though perhaps Williams can get closer as they improve the car...

Overall top times from final pre season test

1. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 1:22.792 (soft)

2. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1:23.022 (soft)

3. Valtteri Bottas (Williams) 1:23.063 (super-soft)

4. Felipe Massa (Williams) 1:23.262 (super-soft)

5. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari) 1:23.276 (super-soft)

6. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:23.469 (super-soft)

The fact that Mercedes were able to set that type of pace on slower tyres suggests we may be in for more of the same this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back