Strategy FORWARD STRUCTURE BIG 3 OR BIG 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
We keep trying the big 3 but I just cant see it working.

The big 3 means Llyod misses out.

I would prefer we go into round 1 with.

Llyod,Jack, Morris
Mid, Griffiths, Mid

Llyod is all class. Hes not the small that will give us the forward pressure but neither is playing 3 talls.

Give up Dimma it wont work.

Carlton will struggle to cover 3 big men and having Tyrone,Griffiths,Riewoldt would really stretch their defence as they dont have quality kpd

Its easier for them to cover medium/smalls -

Playing Tyrone means Henderson plays defence and as a tiger supporter i rather henderson playing in defence than kicking goals - He is their best foward

Thought we looked to tall at times but maybe just poor delivery. Liked Jack up the ground but we looked real thin when he spun around looking for someone.

Tyrone isn't going to make it. 25 years old, 6+ years in the system and still looks lost. Would "cough" rather we played Hampson:oops:

We looked far more dangerous when Lloyd came on. Morris isn't a natural fwd, his pressure doesn't make up for marking, disposal and lack of goal smarts up there.

Lloyd, JR, Edwards
Knights?/Petterd, Griff, Rotating mid

It just isn't working and we really can't afford to **** around half the year trying to force it
If Dimma persists and it doesnt work it could hurt him. Hope for his sake it either works or he figures out very very quickly its not working and does something about it.

If he wants to persist with 3 talls maybe give someone else a crack.

Vickery should not play. Looking back at games from 2013 and 2014 you watch him when the tigers go inside 50 and he is always hanging around Jack. For round 1 if vickery was playing I would have Jamison play on him. Would get led to Jack and would be able to spoil easy.

I have to agree with what Dunstall and the others were saying today and that is Griffith is getting to the right area's today to create space and get the ball and kick goals. That desire to create space comes from work rate and personally whilst Vickery with a full head of steam may be a better player than Griffiths, Griffiths at this point is just working much harder and that is why Griff should be the go to player.

I think that it would be best for us and Vickery to part ways. I think he will be a Shultz situation and he needs a new change of scenery.

Vickery should not play. Looking back at games from 2013 and 2014 you watch him when the tigers go inside 50 and he is always hanging around Jack. For round 1 if vickery was playing I would have Jamison play on him. Would get led to Jack and would be able to spoil easy.

I have to agree with what Dunstall and the others were saying today and that is Griffith is getting to the right area's today to create space and get the ball and kick goals. That desire to create space comes from work rate and personally whilst Vickery with a full head of steam may be a better player than Griffiths, Griffiths at this point is just working much harder and that is why Griff should be the go to player.

I think that it would be best for us and Vickery to part ways. I think he will be a Shultz situation and he needs a new change of scenery.

Who plays as the 3rd tall then? Maybe Hampson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would almost go with the 3 of them for Round 1 and even 2 and 3 but if it doesn't work, one of Griff/Tyrone gets dropped.

Griff gets injured easily and if he goes down early in a game without Vickery there we could be in trouble

Who plays as the 3rd tall then? Maybe Hampson?
I don't think we will need a third tall. Looking at Carlton a strong part of your game would be your small runners coming out of defence. With that in mind another small would be the option for me

I personally think our back 6 is our stronger than our forward 6 so Henderson being back would be ok. Not the best option but better than having the ball hit the deck and be swooped up by your runners

It sounds to me as though we'll be going with 2 talls, Griff and Jack. Vickery to hopefully find some form in the VFL.

I would almost go with the 3 of them for Round 1 and even 2 and 3 but if it doesn't work, one of Griff/Tyrone gets dropped.

Griff gets injured easily and if he goes down early in a game without Vickery there we could be in trouble
Yep. Plus vickery always dominates Carlton.

It sounds to me as though we'll be going with 2 talls, Griff and Jack. Vickery to hopefully find some form in the VFL.
Hope you are right.
Looks like if anything if we go the big 3 then llyod or lamber miss out.

Prefer playing both those guys over Vickery. Lambert can run through the middle and Llyod just knows how to kick goals.

Hope you are right.
Looks like if anything if we go the big 3 then llyod or lamber miss out.

Prefer playing both those guys over Vickery. Lambert can run through the middle and Llyod just knows how to kick goals.

Lambert shouldn't play at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back