Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks to him, he's a nutter, though I guess you'd rather have him on your side than against

For a fourth rounder I would. Thats a pick in the 60s.

Too much trouble off the field. He's a troublemaker.

He got attacked by someone at a music festival for no reason , then he jumped into garletts fight

I would try offer blease and 38 for Garlett and Robinson

To be honest, I'd rather have someone that bleeds for the jumper and plays with maximum effort then someone with 'upside' who's still growing into his body. Granted Carlton don't want a ransom, he's someone that would make some of the young guys stand taller and unconditionally put his body on the line, for better or for worse. If it's for a late pick or a kid we have ruined, then it's a no brainer for me.

If we can get Robinson without having to give up much, then I think it's worth a crack.. even if it is only ends up being for the irony of seeing him in Melbourne colors.

But I think there will be a few clubs interested, and I wouldn't want us paying overs for him.

If we can get Robinson without having to give up much, then I think it's worth a crack.. even if it is only ends up being for the irony of seeing him in Melbourne colors.

But I think there will be a few clubs interested, and I wouldn't want us paying overs for him.

I think the biggest issue would be separating him and Bail, they have a bit of history...

Pick 2 and Watts to Collingwood for Beams and Goldsack

Collingwood rate Watts and have already asked about him, they're also keen on getting Petracca. Wouldn't want to lose Goldsack via FA and will be scared to lose Beams over FA in the coming year or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood rate Watts and have already asked about him, they're also keen on getting Petracca. Wouldn't want to lose Goldsack via FA and will be scared to lose Beams over FA in the coming year or two.

Collingwood will not do that trade.

As for Mitch Robinson, yes - he's a dumbass, but he's not a terrible bloke by any means, just your typical country footy player.

I'd want him in the team.

If we're going to trade down with pick three, I reckon teams like North, Carlton, Gold Coast or Port could be the ones that want that top-end talent and may be willing to give up a good young player and their first pick for our pick three.

Also, Gold Coast has a first round compo pick (linked to Geelong's finishing spot I think) as well as their own first round pick (so something like picks 8 and 18), which could be interesting come trade time.

Unless Watts can s**t golden eggs then Collingwood won't touch that deal.

Unless Watts can s**t golden eggs then Collingwood won't touch that deal.

And Goldsack is an unrestricted free agent I believe, so you'd think he wouldn't have a lot of interest in getting packaged up to come here when he can pick anywhere he likes. Someone would throw a bit of money at him... Gold Coast, if they miss out on Frawley.

The only reason I could see some silly deal like this happening is because Buckley is clearly a twit and doing his best to replace the spine of Mick's Premiership team with mediocre ponies. So #2, Watts and McKenzie for Beams and Pendlebury is an outside chance.

Doubt Beams would leave because of FA - they will probably retire Swan soon, and the cash available will be used to retain Beams.

Doubt Beams would leave because of FA - they will probably retire Swan soon, and the cash available will be used to retain Beams.

I dunno
Seems like anyone who doesn't say thankyou after licking buckleys arsehole is getting delisted or traded

Would not be surprised if the collingwood choir is moved into the cheersquad next season

Dogs wouldn't do that. Tough to find middle ground.
I guess the problem for the Dogs is going to be that they have a specific need that needs to be addressed and there are 2 standout options in this draft that provide them with an opportunity to do so and so trading into those first few picks is going to come at a cost.
In Melbourne’s case I’d be happy to hold on to the picks and draft Brayshaw and Petracca or McCartin (whom whilst we aren’t crying out for an elite KPF; I’d love to see him operate in tandem with Hogan over the next 10 years) rather than trade in a fringe mid from a bottom end club and drop out of the top 5 picks where the prime talent in this draft would appear to be.

No to trading for Robinson unless we trade him for one of spuds that are going to get delisted anyway (Evans, Blease, Straus etc). He may put his body on the line but he seems to make the worst on-field decisions and generally comes across as a very unintelligent football player. Bizarro Jack Watts i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back