FTA-TV Game of Thrones - Season 5 [WARNING: BOOK READERS ONLY]

Remove this Banner Ad

Margaery and Cersei scenes. Holy s**t dat bitchiness.

Margaery is blatant as **** in the TV show lol.
That discussion when Cersei interrupts Margaery when she's having tea and the exchange between Tyrion and Varys when Tyrion is first released from the crate are the highlights of the 4 episodes so far. Two outstanding pieces of chemistry and dialogue.

It is pure fan fic

Barristan is not confirmed dead but episode 4 ends with him getting stabbed about ten times.

And the biggest fanfic moment is that Sansa (as in the real Sansa) is marrying Ramsay Bolton. And Aegon is 100% confirmed cut.

Father Jack , you're not a uni students with assignments to avoid starting.

Watching all four episodes made perfect sense to me.
How do you know that Aegon is definitely cut? Would it be just for this season or the whole series? If it was for the entire series it does a disservice to the readers in that it effectively tells them that he ends up doing nothing although his position at the end of ADWD is one of the most exciting.

From the first 4 episodes the only change I really don't like is the Sansa arc. I find it particularly hard to believe that LF, who obviously is in love with Sansa in both the show and the books, would leave her with the Boltons. Surely he'd know all about Ramsey's - err - passions and he just wouldn't do it, regardless of his justification that he's betting on Stannis taking Winterfell.

My hope is that by the end of the season Young Griff and Connington somehow intercept Jorah and Tyrion, somehow word of Sansa makes its way to the wall and Abel the bard turns up at Winterfell, and in her search for Sansa, Brienne runs in to Lady Stoneheart. Although how that works with her in the North and Jaime in Dorne I've got no idea. I also think that the big event that always happens in the second last ep of a season will be the same cliffhanger at Castle Black at the end of ADWD.

Yes those have been my favourite two on-screen pairings too. Anything Tyrion and Varys is rolled gold. Have to say that so far I'm impressed with the casting for this season, Doran Martell and the High Sparrow fit the part perfectly imo. The kid playing Tommen has been good too.
Agree, they're two of the best characters in both the books and show so anything with either is great but with them both it's top shelf. For some reason I imagined the High Sparrow as a lot younger for some reason and i think the actor that does Tommen is good but I don't think the character is written weak or soft enough.

How do you know that Aegon is definitely cut? Would it be just for this season or the whole series? If it was for the entire series it does a disservice to the readers in that it effectively tells them that he ends up doing nothing although his position at the end of ADWD is one of the most exciting.

From the first 4 episodes the only change I really don't like is the Sansa arc. I find it particularly hard to believe that LF, who obviously is in love with Sansa in both the show and the books, would leave her with the Boltons. Surely he'd know all about Ramsey's - err - passions and he just wouldn't do it, regardless of his justification that he's betting on Stannis taking Winterfell.

My hope is that by the end of the season Young Griff and Connington somehow intercept Jorah and Tyrion, somehow word of Sansa makes its way to the wall and Abel the bard turns up at Winterfell, and in her search for Sansa, Brienne runs in to Lady Stoneheart. Although how that works with her in the North and Jaime in Dorne I've got no idea. I also think that the big event that always happens in the second last ep of a season will be the same cliffhanger at Castle Black at the end of ADWD.

Does it?

I mean the showwriters only know the ending.

The journey is often more enjoyable than the end.

The thing with Ramsay is how isolated the north is. Only a few other northerners have even heard rumours of how bad Ramsay is - I don't think anyone in the south has actually heard of him before. Roose Bolton is only a big shot in the North.

I also found it interesting how everybody somehow knew Roose personally killed Robb. That's not something that is known in the books and it's not something Roose would let people know.

It is pure fan fic

Barristan is not confirmed dead but episode 4 ends with him getting stabbed about ten times.

And the biggest fanfic moment is that Sansa (as in the real Sansa) is marrying Ramsay Bolton. And Aegon is 100% confirmed cut.

Father Jack , you're not a uni students with assignments to avoid starting.

Watching all four episodes made perfect sense to me.

Re: Barristan

Definitely not dead IMO. Reckon they would have just had that one Sons of the Harpy guy cut his throat when he had the chance if they were gonna off him, Grey Worm rescuing him and then just killing him off next episode wouldn't make much sense, surely...

Also
the Stannis and Shireen scene, hit me hard in the feels. I love additions like that.

I'm just gonna work under the assumption this needs to be spoiler tag'd for the time being.

im not a fan of the changes they have made to the high sparrow and how much he manipulates cersei. in the books hes the one who gets the faith militant restored by giving tommen his blessing and canceling the crown debt. in the shows it seems like cersei is using him to get what she wants. i know at some point he will have to betray her but i think it would be better if when it happens you can look back and go aha this is where he started planning and playing the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why in hells name would Sansa take charge of her life and name by agreeing to that?

It makes no ******* sense

Is LF now an obvious villain? I always thought he was just another character in a grey area, not good certainly but not quite evil either. There is no way he doesn't know what type of person Ramsay is, surely? Marrying Sansa to him is basically a death sentence, right?

riteo - the only massive spoiler from the book that I think still applies is Jon Snow getting stabbed.

Ah yep. I thought you were referring to Dany and her pools of brown water. That should stir things up a little amongst Dany lovers.

Is LF now an obvious villain? I always thought he was just another character in a grey area, not good certainly but not quite evil either. There is no way he doesn't know what type of person Ramsay is, surely? Marrying Sansa to him is basically a death sentence, right?

Don't know what books you read, LF is evil as anything. He orchestrated Jon Arryn's murder with his wife, married her then killed her as well....

Don't know what books you read, LF is evil as anything. He orchestrated Jon Arryn's murder with his wife, married her then killed her as well....

Pffft, just a bit of a schemer who wants to get ahead in life :p

Out of interest, do you think Cersei is evil?

Could this be foreshadowing to the infamous Sansa scene that George said he cut from book 5 and might appear in book 6? If it is what everyone has predicted then it would be right in Ramsay's wheelhouse?

the thing that bothers me about it is how upfront it would be. there is no way Ramsay Bolton would marry Alayne Stone, and there is no way that Cersei wouldn't get suspicious if Sansa Stark the kingslasyer turned up with Peter Baelish to be wedded. That's why Jeyne/Farya worked because Jeyne was nobody and everyone thought Arya to be dead.

anyone have any theories on what role rila fukushima will play. shes the red priestess that is speaking in volantis to the crowd then looks at tyrion while he is on the stairs. she was the chick in the wolverine who could see the future and she has a role in arrow aswell. i dont think she would sign up to GOT just to be a random priestess that is only seen once and has no effect on the story line at all.

anyone have any theories on what role rila fukushima will play. shes the red priestess that is speaking in volantis to the crowd then looks at tyrion while he is on the stairs. she was the chick in the wolverine who could see the future and she has a role in arrow aswell. i dont think she would sign up to GOT just to be a random priestess that is only seen once and has no effect on the story line at all.
It is very unlikely that they'll cast Asian characters for a northern or kings landing role.

My best bet would be a white walker or someone from Dorne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back