Geelong vs Richmond torrent?

Remove this Banner Ad

fugsy

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So the AFL site have finally realised people have been able to view their content without being BigPond members, and have cracked down on it. Is anyone planning on making a torrent with last nights match on it? Would be good to have on DVD to keep.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Ahhh fantastic! At the time of posting it was nowhere to be found.

No AFL coverage here in Tokyo...torrents are an absolute godsend.

Thanks guys :thumbsu:

I am far from a genius when it coems to technology and the like. I have no idea how torrents work, but they sound good!

Can someone explain to a dummy? :)

First you need to download a torrent program. I recommend uTorrent. Once installed, use a torrent search engine such as Mininova or Demonoid to find the torrent file you're looking for. Keep in mind the torrent file isn't the actual files you're downloading...it acts more as a gateway to the files you want.

Open the torrent file in uTorrent, and it will connect to other people who are uploading (or "seeding") the files for you to download. When looking for a torrent to use...try and get one with a good seeder to peer ratio. A "seeder" is someone who is offering the full file for download, and a "peer" is someone who is currently downloading and partially seeding the file at the same time. The more seeders than peers, the faster you can potentially download.

Hopefully that helps to get started...the torrent world is a veritable goldmine :)

I am far from a genius when it coems to technology and the like. I have no idea how torrents work, but they sound good!

Can someone explain to a dummy? :)

Pm's Chappers

I will be sure to grab it tonight. Anyone seeding the Kangas game? I know it was a loss and all, but I am determined to get all of this year's games seeing as I can't see any live.

I got Setanta, 3 games a week live for $15/month internet TV styles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone been able to watch it on the AFL site?
I have bigpond and all I have been able to see is the first half of the first quarter up until Mackie gets his goal after Johnosn and Scarlett colided. Then it stops and wont start again. I have not been able to get the second quarter to go at all.

Plan B for me is I made my mum tape it but she needs to send it down from the country so who knows when I will get it.

I am impatient and I think I will just download it and watch it like that even though it will run up my download limit. It is a sacrafice I am willing to make.:)

I'm going to give it a look in too since I didn't get to see the game, being in Perth and without foxtel.

Sounds like a game you should add to the collection.

I'll seed it until the weekend when I get it. :)

Has anyone been able to watch it on the AFL site?
I have bigpond and all I have been able to see is the first half of the first quarter up until Mackie gets his goal after Johnosn and Scarlett colided. Then it stops and wont start again. I have not been able to get the second quarter to go at all.

Plan B for me is I made my mum tape it but she needs to send it down from the country so who knows when I will get it.

I am impatient and I think I will just download it and watch it like that even though it will run up my download limit. It is a sacrafice I am willing to make.:)

exactly the same thing happens with me..it sux

I went out to watch Spiderman 3 leaving the computer on to download the torrent and just got back then and it had completly downloaded. :)

Much better than the AFL site one I think as it has more of the begining of the game and after the game and I can watch it on a full scream without it becoming blury.

How big is it?

1.17 gig

ive never downloaded or viewed a torrent before...i notice they are mp4 format though...what player do i need to be able to watch it? and can i convert it to dvd?

I can play it with VLC media player.

I will seed it for a while but I have only just started my month and am up to 2.5 gig of 12 already.

ive never downloaded or viewed a torrent before...i notice they are mp4 format though...what player do i need to be able to watch it? and can i convert it to dvd?

I use a program called ConvertXtoDVD to put it on a DVD. Really simple to use. Converts it then burns it automatically :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back