No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s a wonderful article.
Please keep the present Essendon board in place for the next decade (especially with Sheedy as a member). Appointing Sheedy to the board was a masterstroke.
So much fun in store for all other AFL supporters.

By way of contrast, Sonja Hood has been unbelievably impressive as North’s president. Very impressive CV.

Are you actually trying to suggest that we didn't intend to trade senior players out for picks?

If Chad had said yes, he was gone.
Similarly Breust.
JOM also was up for trade, and wasn't particularly pleased with the speculation.

It's part of our strategy that we want as many top 30 picks as we can over a 3 year period, and McCartney is on the record stating this at the end of the trade period.
I've never suggested we were not open to trading a few players - but the media promoted this as a 'fire sale' suggesting all our senior players were just mannequins in a shop window, and this narrative was mainly based on an ambiguous comment by Kennett in a newsletter...

I've never suggested we were not open to trading a few players - but the media promoted this as a 'fire sale' suggesting all our senior players were just mannequins in a shop window, and this narrative was mainly based on an ambiguous comment by Kennett in a newsletter...
Kennett opened his mouth in the letter and then backed it up on SEN. Making a mockery of our plans, kickstarting the whole 'firesale' fiasco.

Happy for people to play ‘told you so’ to me - I went early and shouldn’t have. Not avoiding my lickings today - was just under the knife and have only just gotten my phone back!

Really happy to have gotten it wrong because it doesn’t diminish my feelings that Clarko is a thoroughly decent human being and it further demonstrates that * is the most evil sporting club on the planet.

Clarko, not that you’ll ever read this, but sorry for doubting you.
Good to have you back and hope your recovery goes well.

Hope the surgery went well

Does it take long to have your foot removed from your mouth?

Just kidding ;)

Well played - had abdominal surgery so shouldn’t be laughing, but your post disrupted that plan.

Good to have you back and hope your recovery goes well.

Many thanks. Waking up to the absolute dumpster fire * have turned themselves into is better than any painkillers. Just an utter joy to behold.

You seem to be backpeddling at the speed of many thousand jet plains.

“ Fire sale”and “mannequins in windows“ are your words not the media’s.

The media reported that Hawthorn was preparing to trade out its veteran players because Kennett said - be prepared, we may trade out some senior players for early draft picks.

You’ll have to explain the ambiguity in Kennett’s statement. Seems pretty clear to me, as born out by the facts subsequently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got me stuffed how that’s a rough tackle. Unfortunate that he hit face first but I didn’t think it was aggressive
His in trouble imo , pinned arms and slung .........getting a few weeks potentially
Feel for him trying to physical impose himself , none of his teamates have so far

You seem to be backpeddling at the speed of many thousand jet plains.

“ Fire sale”and “mannequins in windows“ are your words not the media’s.

The media reported that Hawthorn was preparing to trade out its veteran players because Kennett said - be prepared, we may trade out some senior players for early draft picks.

You’ll have to explain the ambiguity in Kennett’s statement. Seems pretty clear to me, as born out by the facts subsequently.
Back-peddling ha ha, every club is prepared to trade a few players in the off-season for the right deal.. My words, see enclosed.. Ambiguity, related to the fact Kennett has been spruiking the same 'be prepared' reference or similar in his letters to members prior to trade periods for many years...

Last edited:
His in trouble imo , pinned arms and slung .........getting a few weeks potentially
Feel for him trying to physical impose himself , none of his teamates have so far

I don’t agree that he “slung” him
Wasn’t aggressive but yes he probably should of let his arms go

The problem with Brissie is that they are far too thin through the middle compared to other top sides. They need more quality to rotate through there.

Ashcroft will be some help.

I had half a line through brisbane mid season...have crossed them out of contention now. Even if Melbourne ease up and they come back...they lack too much (fwd system, discipline and concentration and defensive pressure)to be serious contenders imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back