No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. People say that Hawthorn supporters are arrogant.

We've got many good reasons to be that arrogant after watching tonight.

There have been points in my life where football becomes boring. Tonight was a good example.

Am I just old & unforgiving or was tonight just a bland exhibition of what our game once was?

A question. Would Savage get a game for us these days?
I honestly could not pick a player that he would replace. Can you?

Has there ever been a worse kicker at goal, especially as a forward, over the course of a career than Travis Cloke?

There is only one & he was my favorite player at Hawthorn - wearing number 14 - Alan Martello.

Watching last nights game - Collingwood on a number of occasions would hold the stkilda player down after the ball had left the area not allowing them to get to the next contest. Not suggesting that better umpiring would have changed the result but it appeared from a neutral perspective that Collingwood was getting the good rub.

Echols man Lonie looked alright too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching last nights game - Collingwood on a number of occasions would hold the stkilda player down after the ball had left the area not allowing them to get to the next contest. Not suggesting that better umpiring would have changed the result but it appeared from a neutral perspective that Collingwood was getting the good rub.

Echols man Lonie looked alright too.

Except injured his knee by the reports

How would Nick Holland be described in this day and age ?

I think he would have done so much better with the chopping the arms and hands in the back interpretations

Talking of poor kicks
What about Des Meagher and David Polkinghorne?
True, but neither of them were forwards.

James Manson was a notorious poor kick for goal & had a really weird ball drop. Cloke does remind me of him.

How did we lose against these sash wearing drug cheats? They are truly hopeless.

The number of turnovers in this game is ridiculous.
Spent all their petrol tickets last week, plus slacking off because it's Carlolton?

Talking of poor kicks
What about Des Meagher and David Polkinghorne?

Allan Martello kicked 164 244 (accuracy percentage of 40.2%)
David Polkinghorne kicked 10 27 (accuracy percentage of 27.03%)
Des Meagher kicked 96 144 (accuracy percentage of 40%)
Liam Sheils 30 43 (accuracy percentage of 41.1%)
Travis Cloke 393 323 (accuracy of 54.9%)
James Manson 106 70 (accurace of 60.2%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back