General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

A very positive look at the failed last 10 years by the Bombers:
Essendon is one of just five clubs that has not played in a preliminary final - the accepted benchmark for premiership ''contention'' - over that period

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/from-princes-to-frogs-20120804-23mn0.html#ixzz22cjTkKUy

From minor premierships in 1999, 2000 & 2001, the club oversaw the dismantling of its list yet Jakey ignores it, or was this article a PR release from the Bombers spin doctors?

Of course the Bombers peanut gallery will not want any meaningful analysis of the worst example of list mismanagement in the national comps history, but how did Niall overlook it?

On The Couch is starting to become irrelevant and healy is getting boring with his stubborn and grumpy old man views, and Roos just bores the s**t out of me. keep mike and revamp the show with some fresh blood. It is getting seriously stale.

I'm positive that C7 showed a promo for Bombers-Pies during the last advert break of the 6pm news, but a couple of minutes later, when their AFL coverage started, they showed Dockers-Dees.

Did anyone else see this?

Where do you think all of our stupid sayings come from? Obviously someone heard an American commentator use the term and thought it was just too cool.

I come close to wanting Dwayne Russell ritually disembowelled for exactly this. He's got half a dozen entries he inflicts on us regularly, and really they all deserve the death penalty. Brian Taylor came close last year too.

Commentators on Friday night. Every bloody time a player marked or took possession within 60m, they felt the need to remind us that "this is for 9". It was painful to listen to after 5 minutes :thumbsdown:

It really was embarrassing tonight to listen to fully-grown men (Hudson, Dunstall and Ricciuto) so enthusiastically obsessed over the gimmick that is the "supergoal". They were carrying on like little kids and devoted minutes of the coverage to talking about it. The sooner the AFL drops this ridiculous gimmick, the better.

What the hell is with the ch 7 current ad?

They hardly show any glimpses of the current reigning premiers but very much show a lot of footage of the runners up culminating in a hawthorn fan standing in front of a tv thats playing a hawthorn game while he is jumping for joy.

Last time i checked the Sydney Swans were premiers. * Melbourne or Ch 7 just doesn't want to give the swans any cred do they! And please * this excuse off that its for melbourne based fans. Did the idiots not notice the amount of red at every swans game in melbourne? We have a HEAP of fans in melbourne.

Though in their general ad for the 2013 sports coverage they do feature the swans for a whole 2 seconds and i expect they had too.

Apparently Paul Roos is very surprised that Adelaide didn't accept Sydney's offer of a first round pick and Jesse White for Tippett.

LOL.

With the way Jesse White has been playing in this pre season i don't blame him for asking this question every week. It's baffling..as Jesse can be a top player if he turns it on, which he has in the pre season.

So yeah LOL at your LOL bud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They hardly show any glimpses of the current reigning premiers but very much show a lot of footage of the runners up culminating in a hawthorn fan standing in front of a tv thats playing a hawthorn game while he is jumping for joy.

Last time i checked the Sydney Swans were premiers. **** Melbourne or Ch 7 just doesn't want to give the swans any cred do they! And please **** this excuse off that its for melbourne based fans. Did the idiots not notice the amount of red at every swans game in melbourne? We have a HEAP of fans in melbourne.

Though in their general ad for the 2013 sports coverage they do feature the swans for a whole 2 seconds and i expect they had too.

vfl-logo.jpg

Oh thats right it was for the VFL. I keep forgetting that in melbourne the A is turned upside down and the strike removed to form a V.

Silly me.

Did it the year before. All Collingwood.

Mitch Robinson was helped from the field after getting knocked out in a marking contest.
Dr Peter Larkin and Brian Taylor informed us, "His head hit the ground"

Why do these halfwits always think it the head hitting ground which causes the knockout?

Don't they realise whenever a boxer gets knocked out, their head also hits the canvas?

Robinson' lights were put out when Vickery's elbow connected with his chin, violently spinning his cranium on its axis and causing his brain to slosh around inside his skull. Robinson was asleep a split second after the collision with Vickery and this is why he made no effort to brace for the impact when he fell to ground.

Quite simple, really.

Brian Taylor went on for 5 minutes about the umpire losing the plot and not being able to count 50 metres in the GC-StK game when it was perfectly obvious to anyone with a brain that he'd paid a second 50m penalty for dissent. If these commentators could take their head out of their arse and shut up for 5 minutes they might be able to follow the game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back