General Media Grievances and Thumbs Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Brian Taylor went on for 5 minutes about the umpire losing the plot and not being able to count 50 metres in the GC-StK game when it was perfectly obvious to anyone with a brain that he'd paid a second 50m penalty for dissent. If these commentators could take their head out of their arse and shut up for 5 minutes they might be able to follow the game!
It is all part of SEVEN's plan to re-create the match day experience as close as possible. BT represents that numb-nuts guy in the crowd who has no idea about the game whatsoever.

Bruce in the Hawthorn vs Geelong game. A few times he referred to Hawkins as "The Hawk". Probably not the best game to use that nickname in.

I think the AGE has really gone downhill in the last month. Not just the footy section but the entire paper. Since the re-sizing it seems that they're just trying to over sensationalize the scum.

I think the AGE has really gone downhill in the last month. Not just the footy section but the entire paper. Since the re-sizing it seems that they're just trying to over sensationalize the scum.

Haven't they always been so shitty in that area?

Or am I reading other parts of it?

It's probably been brought up this year, but what's with the Fox Footy commercials this year? Firstly the annual Spud and Dunstall acting like dickheads ad that warrants an instant changing of channels for 30 seconds. You can have a bit of fun with a commercial, without acting like a complete dill (see the 360 'Odd Couple' ads for reference).

But now we've got this bizarre coaches ad with some weird 'We thank Fox Footy for bringing us the footy every week (and paying upwards of $100 a month for the privilege)' cult of personality emerging. I can only imagine they had a gun to Scott Watters' head as he did his bit. Genuine bolded WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got to have one of those mock outrage rants a week. It's in his contract and everything. He was on auto pilot for the one last night. The real concern is those battlers in the crowd who start roaring their approval as he starts to tail off.

That was the sad part. I'm sure they turn on an applause sign for that garbage. He clearly had no idea what he was talking about. When they cut to a shot of the audience there were plenty of people arms crossed & looking rather unimpressed. He couldn't even maintain his barely coherent rant for a minute before he tailed off into bagging the government for nothing in particular, which got him another little roar. Absolute joke.

So is Eddie McGuire !
I don't think I have ever seen a senior broadcaster make such a clown out of himself as Eddie did after the game on Frisday night. You can have your own opinion on whether or not a free kick applies and that is fine but he went on and on about contact above the shoulder and tried to differentiate about high contact when the rule has been as it is for years. There is no question that the Selwood brothers shrug into a tackle to gain a free kick but the fact of the matter is that the umpires must pay it unless they clearly duck. As far as "in the back" decisions go, most players know that if they are tackled from behind you drop and go forward to draw the kick. Even the very best players like Pendlebury and Ablett do it but nothing is said then. It's just smart play.

Damian Barrett once again confusing 'Fact' and 'Speculation' in this weeks access all areas

Listen from 6:22. 'This again is fact' absolute joke to call telling a story about how something may be effecting players 'fact'.

Damian Barrett once again confusing 'Fact' and 'Speculation' in this weeks access all areas

Listen from 6:22. 'This again is fact' absolute joke to call telling a story about how something may be effecting players 'fact'.

Not only that, apparently Jordan Gysberts still plays for Melbourne!?:rolleyes:

And LOL at Darcy's attempt to sugarcoat the way the Western Bulldogs are going. They've won one out of their last 19 games!

'Alistair Clarkson was offered a job at Melbourne two years ago :O lets turn it into something of relevance' :rolleyes:

Most pointless media beatup I have seen in some time. Who gives a f*ck about something that didn't even come to anything 2 years ago

If you have previously played or coached for a team and still knowingly support that team you should NOT be allowed to commentate their games.

Absolute tripe came out of Mark Riccuto (sp?) mouth today and it's the same as Paul Roos when Sydney play. Swap them around or something ffs... It's a disgrace and FoxFooty need to change it.

Anyone else noticing the recent trend (and it's become more apparent) where after something good happens, one of the 'special' comment guys will go 'i'm not sure it was a handpass' 'or I think there was a little push in the back'? It's becoming very negative and you rarely, if ever, hear the likes of Martin Tyler etc in the EPL commenting on ref decisions.
We don't really care what the 'commentary' team think to be honest.
Case in point the goal by Goodes just then 'not sure if it was a handball'..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back