General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a record for most comebacks in a season from 30+ down to take the lead? If so, we'd have to be close to it, with three this year.

We get more practice at it than most teams.

2r6i5xf.jpg

Just got this in an email. That shield in the middle looks pretty cool. Just sayin' :)

Did anyone else hear about Melbourne finding our 1948 premiership flag on ebay? it's good to have a something significant in our history returned to the club

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-07-24/jeff-farmer-the-interview-full-version

I idolized him so much as a kid, was shattered when he left. He genuinely could have been an all-time great :(

Loved the wiz thanks for the link. Two matches stand out for me. Against Collingwood when he got dragged in the first half (when that actually meant something) for doing nothing then kicked 9 in the second half. Also the final against Adelaide 98 i think when Blight played Mcleod on him and Farmer completely destroyed him. It still shits me Adelaide won that year after we pants them in the first final.

Loved the wiz thanks for the link. Two matches stand out for me. Against Collingwood when he got dragged in the first half (when that actually meant something) for doing nothing then kicked 9 in the second half. Also the final against Adelaide 98 i think when Blight played Mcleod on him and Farmer completely destroyed him. It still shits me Adelaide won that year after we pants them in the first final.
The final against Norf in I guess 2000 when he kicked 7 on Pickett. :)

Came to post this also. Really good interview from the Wiz, with some nice footage to take you back to when things were good. I'm so keen for us to get back to being nearly as good as the turning of the century.

I maintain that early 2000s Melbourne on song was one of the most entertaining teams you could see. Jeffrey, Ooze, Trapper on song, Neita...with a high-flying attack mentality brought by Daniher...

I maintain that early 2000s Melbourne on song was one of the most entertaining teams you could see. Jeffrey, Ooze, Trapper on song, Neita...with a high-flying attack mentality brought by Daniher...

We used to have a great team in the late 90s / early 00s... some other brilliant sides around unfortunately. Essendon, Adelaide, North and Brisbane could put some quality teams on the park back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That side was good, but I think the one with Lyon schwarz tingay neitz stynes viney jakovich was insanely stacked and unlucky not to win a flag tbh. Just the sheer talent that team had was ridiculous.
Too many injuries, s**t depth in the midfield and a West Coast team roided up like crazy. I loved that team.

Yeats Wight Neitz
B Lovett Prymke M Febey
Tingay G Lovett S Febey
Lyon Schwarz Lovell
Pike Jakovich charles
Stynes Dyson Viney
Obst ...

Stretching the memory trying to line them up from the season list. The rest were past it or not very good. Glenn Lovett was an absolute wizard of a centreman who couldn't keep on the park. Insane forward line and a couple of excellent key backs relegating our all time leading goalkicker to 3rd backman plus Lyon was a utility/flanker until Jako went down. Martin Pike was our 8th best tall. o_O

Doesn't pay to be Irish and play for us, it seems...

Yeats Wight Neitz
B Lovett Prymke M Febey
Tingay G Lovett S Febey
Lyon Schwarz Lovell
Pike Jakovich charles
Stynes Dyson Viney
Obst ...

Stretching the memory trying to line them up from the season list. The rest were past it or not very good. Glenn Lovett was an absolute wizard of a centreman who couldn't keep on the park. Insane forward line and a couple of excellent key backs relegating our all time leading goalkicker to 3rd backman plus Lyon was a utility/flanker until Jako went down. Martin Pike was our 8th best tall. o_O

Shoulda been a premiership team. :(

1998 for me. Mark and goal of the year. And a couple of weeks for punching Shane Crawford in the back of the head. the ultimate trifecta!

Eh, he's played like this for us before in that half season he had as the only fit ruckman we had. Would've liked to have kept him over Spencer, but such is life.
More that all we got for him was a pick in the 50s IIRC

More that all we got for him was a pick in the 50s IIRC

#53 and #73, which we used to get Matt Jones and promote Michael Evans.

SME will go back to battling when Leuenberger gets selected again. He's playing well enough to keep Leuenberger out, but Brisbane will try and split the duties and Martin will lose confidence, struggle and get dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back