General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty glad we traded away pick 2 for Tyson earlier in the year. Imagine the uproar if we had kept it and taken that spud Josh Kelly ahead of Bontempelli.

So how many years before we're ready for a five year plan?

We are going to need a 5 year plan just to devise a 5 year plan

To be safe, we should have a five year plan to form a committee for the five year plan for the five year plan.

Melbourne 2034

Was that not the worst performance you've ever seen? Not sure if i'm exaggerating, i have a short memory, but that definitely goes down as one of the most insipid pathetic games I've ever been too. I feel like everyone who has been there through both the Neeld and Bailey era are just too mentally weak and scarred to play AFL. Excluding Nathan Jones of course. Then there's a series of battlers who generally try hard but aren't really up to AFL. Then there's the Tyson's and Viney's who have a future at the club. I really thought we were improving and further along than this but gee we still need to turn over a good 25-30 players in my opinion disappointing stuff.

Demons 3.16 means GWS just kicked our ass!

*Glass shatters and Sheeds waltzes onto the field*

Welp the delirious humour has kicked in, time to try drink the pain away, and I don't have enough alcohol..

I reckon you guys deserve a good 3-5 first round PPs this year on the proviso that you trade 2 of them for experienced players.

One PP won't do anything, and zero picks is a poor decision in the interests of AFL image. The AFL is more concerned about protecting their image regarding tanking than what is actually best for a struggling club.

Picks 1, 2, and 3, plus 4, and 5 both to be traded.

Then you get youth, and experience to help you now.

I know it's a big step, but it's only solution I can think of that would help you guys in the short term.

I reckon you guys deserve a good 3-5 first round PPs this year on the proviso that you trade 2 of them for experienced players.

One PP won't do anything, and zero picks is a poor decision in the interests of AFL image. The AFL is more concerned about protecting their image regarding tanking than what is actually best for a struggling club.

I know it's a big step, but it's only solution I can think of that would help you guys in the short term.

* dude, every non-Melbourne fan would burn down AFL house if that occurred haha. I like your style though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in our favour in getting a PP from the AFL (and bugger pride, we need all the help we can get) is that Demetriou is no longer in charge. I know it's not his/Gillon's decision but it would have been a bad look for AD after all the tanking crap. In contrast GML is a little more removed from all that (even though he was in the thick of it at the time) thus giving us more chance at draft assistance.

I think the fairest way to do this would be for us to be able to take any one player from each club and swap them with one of our players. It wouldn't pay to be greedy, so maybe only let us do this to the 8 teams that play finals.

ie
Take Luke Parker from Sydney, give them Dan Nicholson to replace him.
Take Fyfe from Fremantle, give them Evans.
Take Motlop from Geelong, give them McKenzie.
Take Pendlebury from the Pies, give them back Dawes (lol).
Take Wines from Port, give them Strauss.
Take Gunston from the Hawks, give them Spencer.
Take Atley from the Roos, give them Clisby.

And so on... can't see anyone having issues with that. Equalization.

I think the fairest way to do this would be for us to be able to take any one player from each club and swap them with one of our players. It wouldn't pay to be greedy, so maybe only let us do this to the 8 teams that play finals.

ie

Pies wont playing finals, so if its the Crows then take Dangerfield and give them Dawes.

You truly are a BomberBro!

ie

Atley? Really?

Pies wont playing finals, so if its the Crows then take Dangerfield and give them Dawes.

Good point. Obviously forgot to snag Heppell as well.

Atley? Really?

Meh, I was trying to be balanced. Need a bit of run out of the backline. Otherwise Cunnington, perhaps? I'm not that enamoured with Norf's list.

Does Melbourne deserve a priority pick?

After a promising first three months of the 2014 season during which they won four games, the Demons have now slumped to 17th on the ladder, above only St Kilda. The showing against the Giants has led to renewed discussion about whether the AFL should award Melbourne a priority selection.

The AFL changed its surrounding the priority pick early in 2012, with a formula which takes into account premiership points, percentage, finals appearances and injury rates for a club over several seasons now in place to determine whether a selection is given.

The Demons would appear to fulfil nearly all the criteria for a pick, having won just 38 games since the start of 2007, a period in which they will have finished 15th or lower on the ladder five times when this season ends. They have not played a final since 2006, a greater barren stretch than any other non-expansion club.

Don't you love it when the media misuses words so as to cause a raucous, the test has nothing to do with 'deserving it' or being 'rewarded with it', ffs... You don't earn the bloody thing, you fail repeatedly, fail because everything on and off the field has been terribly mismanaged. In fact the test is the exact opposite to how most people choose to talk about it.

I do think the PP rule should be removed before this draft though because I'm sick of every other club not wanting us to get it and tarnishing us further in the process.

ie

POTY!

Its a win-win as it would take just one MFC player to wreck an entire list & we get 8 stars so we can finish above 13th for once.*

*I know, even those players would only get us to 12th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back