General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the players have been shielded from this mess, when its their performance over the last few weeks that have led to this shitstorm .

Roos has done that for years - take focus off his players.

Roos has done that for years - take focus off his players.
But the question people are asking is if it is the right thing to do in this situation. It's fine to do that, to a point. Have you considered the fact that maybe some of the focus actually needs to be on the players? Surely 2 tackles in 20 minutes says that the players aren't focused, so maybe they need a bit of a rev up and to be reminded that these games might be meaningless to them, but they aren't to people who, you know, pay money to go and watch them. The more I think about it the more peeved I get. They shouldn't really need to be reminded of that. And yet it has been a problem since '08.

No other side differs as much with basic motivation levels from week to week as us. Sure, protect the players most of the time. I prefer that to making them constantly deal with articles from bored journos, but sometimes (like after 2 tackles in 20 minutes) they might actually need a bake.

But the question people are asking is if it is the right thing to do in this situation. It's fine to do that, to a point. Have you considered the fact that maybe some of the focus actually needs to be on the players? Surely 2 tackles in 20 minutes says that the players aren't focused, so maybe they need a bit of a rev up and to be reminded that these games might be meaningless to them, but they aren't to people who, you know, pay money to go and watch them. The more I think about it the more peeved I get. They shouldn't really need to be reminded of that. And yet it has been a problem since '08.

No other side differs as much with basic motivation levels from week to week as us. Sure, protect the players most of the time. I prefer that to making them constantly deal with articles from bored journos, but sometimes (like after 2 tackles in 20 minutes) they might actually need a bake.

Public focus.

I don't understand how people think that what Roos says in the press mirrors what Roos says in private.

What sort of resolution are you looking for, and how do you expect it to effect on-field performance? Seems like a storm in a tea cup to me over a misdirected soundbite. Hard to believe there'd be negativity at a club that's been s**t for 8 years...
People less inclined to sit on a message board and talk s**t about their football club all day - your Saturday arvo pie and chips types - might actually look and see that not only are the players serving up shite, but they're the ones being blamed for it and decide to walk.

People less inclined to sit on a message board and talk s**t about their football club all day - your Saturday arvo pie and chips types - might actually look and see that not only are the players serving up shite, but they're the ones being blamed for it and decide to walk.

You left out the part about the resolution you're looking for. Public apology? Roos to drop his dacks on camera? Whole board to resign and jump off a rooftop en masse? Or how about do something productive like focus on the football?

Membership numbers are cyclical. If you want to suggest that we'll lose X,000 members because they've "been blamed" for the club's position versus Y,000 people who just can't be arsed watching s**t football anymore and we'll have 16,000 members next year or something, good stuff. All the punters will be back and more next year to see Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Johnny Draftee, etc as per usual because we're gradually improving. If people want to take some throwaway comment to heart, nurse it and pull the pin on the club, go nuts.

You left out the part about the resolution you're looking for. Public apology? Roos to drop his dacks on camera? Whole board to resign and jump off a rooftop en masse? Or how about do something productive like focus on the football?

Membership numbers are cyclical. If you want to suggest that we'll lose X,000 members because they've "been blamed" for the club's position versus Y,000 people who just can't be arsed watching s**t football anymore and we'll have 16,000 members next year or something, good stuff. All the punters will be back and more next year to see Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Johnny Draftee, etc as per usual because we're gradually improving. If people want to take some throwaway comment to heart, nurse it and pull the pin on the club, go nuts.
An explanation past "we're staying the course". Something addressing the issue at hand.

i demand a public sacrifice. The devil who wears number six must be burnt at the stake.

Last edited:
An explanation past "we're staying the course". Something addressing the issue at hand.

You want the chairman, chief exec, coach, media team, etc to doctor up some explanation / letter / document to make you feel better? Over a comment after a frustrating game at some gives one press conference? The only "issue at hand" worth addressing is how s**t we're currently playing.

We are like 6th for number of players between 25-29. Jesus that is still an embarrassing stat considering how s**t we are. I know we'll phase them all out outside Jones by the end of 2017, but still :$

Not the best stat from Kingy to prove his point about Geelong's spread of age. Carlton were second on the list.

Pretty sure there was even a little 'oops' pause when he saw Dees and Blues so high on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the **** did we lose to Carlton? I mean seriously, how in the actual **** did we lose to ****ing Carlton??

Because we are s**t and lazy. If we were only either one of those we would have won. Unfortunately we couldn't manage to drop either.

Last edited:
This club had made me the most negative **** ever. Every sub par player I see run out in a Dees jumper, every half assed effort at a contest, every shanked kick; I get an image of Immortan Joe from mad max yelling, "mediocre!". There is no substance to our playing group, no grit or steel. No care, no love, no pride... The club makes me angry and depressed. It makes me post randomly on forums without a coherent message or proper sentence structure. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. We will never succeed.

Loved Barker's quotes after the Carlton game today:

"I'd prefer not to talk about the guys that aren't giving us effort because they're writing their own destinies at the moment."

Would be grand to see Roos tee off at the likes of Howe who are just running down the clock, or Garlett/Vince/Dunn who pick and choose when to put in effort and show leadership.

The fans are the footy club. Hoping for a much improved performance by the club in all facets before the end of the season.

This club had made me the most negative **** ever. Every sub par player I see run out in a Dees jumper, every half assed effort at a contest, every shanked kick; I get an image of Immortan Joe from mad max yelling, "mediocre!". There is no substance to our playing group, no grit or steel. No care, no love, no pride... The club makes me angry and depressed. It makes me post randomly on forums without a coherent message or proper sentence structure. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. We will never succeed.

Maybe you should jump off and come back on board when we're up and about like so many other fairweather supporters.

"I'd prefer not to talk about the guys that aren't giving us effort because they're writing their own destinies at the moment."

Would be grand to see Roos tee off at the likes of Howe who are just running down the clock, or Garlett/Vince/Dunn who pick and choose when to put in effort and show leadership.

The fans are the footy club. Hoping for a much improved performance by the club in all facets before the end of the season.
He mentioned this earlier in the season like atleast 4-5+ weeks ago :thumbsu:

Bit harsh on Dunn and Vince I would have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back