General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see footy classified where Lloyd showed how Dawes let us down

If I were to print out the transcript, I'd hope it'd be at least as thick as two phone books otherwise Lloyd isn't doing the topic justice.

Dunn competes every week , Vince isn't an on field leader

Dunn competes but still has huge brainfades.

Bit harsh on Dunn and Vince I would have thought

Dunn competes every week , Vince isn't an on field leader

Its harsh on both, but isn't that the point? Vince seems to have checked out the past four weeks, and Dunn lets out his frustration by being impossibly undisciplined and hurting the team. They need to be focussed all the time. And Nick, just because he isn't in the leadership group, that doesn't mean he isn't a leader.

Dawes, for example, is a horrible player that I can't stand - but he never gives up.

Notice how none of our losses this year (perhaps bar Adelaide and or West Coast) have been 'honourable', and Brisbane has been the only game we have limped over the line? It shows that, if our players put in effort every week, we'd be having a good season. As things stand, they pick and choose and I don't want to be part of a football club which tolerates that kind of shite. If you're not part of the solution as a player, you're part of the problem.

Nope - any chance you could summarise it?

It was the goal that Kreuzer scored out the back in the second quarter

Dawes and Kreuzer were running together coming out of half back, Dawes lazily followed the ball onto the flank while Kreuzer jogged into the 50 for an open goal

Also pointed out that playing 1 on 1 leaves our defenders horribly exposed in modern footy, showed Salem and Cross being far too worried about their man and letting the ball carrier waltz past them... A little Carlton under Malthouse style
It is worrying in that its just not modern footy

Its harsh on both, but isn't that the point? Vince seems to have checked out the past four weeks, and Dunn lets out his frustration by being impossibly undisciplined and hurting the team. They need to be focussed all the time. And Nick, just because he isn't in the leadership group, that doesn't mean he isn't a leader.

Dawes, for example, is a horrible player that I can't stand - but he never gives up.

Notice how none of our losses this year (perhaps bar Adelaide and or West Coast) have been 'honourable', and Brisbane has been the only game we have limped over the line? It shows that, if our players put in effort every week, we'd be having a good season. As things stand, they pick and choose and I don't want to be part of a football club which tolerates that kind of shite. If you're not part of the solution as a player, you're part of the problem.

I pay no attention to the leadership group, Dawes is an onfield leader
Daniel Cross is also, I just dont see it in Vince

Good to see you back mate.

It's habits - putting in 100% effort is a habit.

It's been encouraging that in our wins we have had that - our losses have still been as bad as ever, but the good thing is they're more based on effort than talent level now.

It was the goal that Kreuzer scored out the back in the second quarter

Dawes and Kreuzer were running together coming out of half back, Dawes lazily followed the ball onto the flank while Kreuzer jogged into the 50 for an open goal

Also pointed out that playing 1 on 1 leaves our defenders horribly exposed in modern footy, showed Salem and Cross being far too worried about their man and letting the ball carrier waltz past them... A little Carlton under Malthouse style
It is worrying in that its just not modern footy

That last part isnt game style - its player decision making.

There are positions on the ground where you have to leave your man, other positions where you have to stay with yours - its all based on the scenario.

Theseventhhamster you know some Melbourne posters are going to take your Dangerfield posts seriously right? Why inflict more disappointment on them than the already get from being Melbourne supporters?

I like people baiting about Danger to somewhere other than the cats. Even though he's a Crows player, Cats fans seem to meltdown more about rumours he's going to the Hawks, Pies or Us.

It'll be better than the Giants' CEO and his meltdown when Buddy went to the Swans. The Handbaggers will probably flip tables if he stays :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have you been? Decided now was a good time to jump back on the forum before the freo game
That last part isnt game style - its player decision making.

There are positions on the ground where you have to leave your man, other positions where you have to stay with yours - its all based on the scenario.

Self preservation mode though like the carlton boys, they need the shackles freed

Been lurking the last few months but wanted a bit of a break from being in the thick of it.

Will probably disappear for good if we don't try against Freo today.

Good to see you back mate.

It's habits - putting in 100% effort is a habit.

It's been encouraging that in our wins we have had that - our losses have still been as bad as ever, but the good thing is they're more based on effort than talent level now.
That's what encourages me - we're good enough as a side to mix it with anyone but the top four when everyone is on the same page.

The bad thing is that I have never seen a side try less and care less than we do.

Been lurking the last few months but wanted a bit of a break from being in the thick of it.

Will probably disappear for good if we don't try against Freo today.

Haha that's a tough ultimatum.

We're playing first on the ladder.

That's what encourages me - we're good enough as a side to mix it with anyone but the top four when everyone is on the same page.

The bad thing is that I have never seen a side try less and care less than we do.

It's easy to feel that way - you'd be suprised how many fans of other teams feel the same though.

Theseventhhamster you know some Melbourne posters are going to take your Dangerfield posts seriously right? Why inflict more disappointment on them than the already get from being Melbourne supporters?
hehe, I already made one disclaimer here what more do you want? :D

Bolded for truth. The loses hurt, but I can live with them. The 'hands on hips, heads down' BS attitude is what gets me. And we have been seeing it pop up in the first quarters as of late. No wonder we are toast by half time.....

Haha that's a tough ultimatum.

We're playing first on the ladder.
Look I'll cop a 10 goal loss (tell him he's dreaming) if we put in effort and keep the game close.

Outclassed is different to out-tried.

Ugh, browsed demonology for about 5 minutes.

350x700px-LL-e054d017_1248075250110.jpeg

Peter Jackson was right!

I got there looking for the news of Toumpas signing for another 2 years. Landed in a thread where someone claimed Toump and Salem were duds because they were too short...
Looked at another couple of threads, 64 reasons paranoid rants would look sane over there. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back