General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on wanting this. The loss earlier in the year to them hurt more than any loss in the last couple years.

I found the early GWS loss pretty painful, myself.

We were all over them in the first half and just stopped.

It would have been a damn good start to the year to win the first 2 games, but fluffed it.

They were simple things that let GWS get that run-on, and we should have been able to slow it down, if not regain control.

Grrrr.. still makes me angry that one.

I found the early GWS loss pretty painful, myself.

We were all over them in the first half and just stopped.

It would have been a damn good start to the year to win the first 2 games, but fluffed it.

They were simple things that let GWS get that run-on, and we should have been able to slow it down, if not regain control.

Grrrr.. still makes me angry that one.
Same thing with the start to the Port game. I think teams get in at half time and coaches are like "We're losing to franking* Melbourne" and then they play well and we give up :thumbsu::rainbow:

Wonder if Roosy has tried telling our boys that we're losing to Melbourne... works for everyone else :$

Hard to see us banking 2 in a row. Saints will be keen to knock us off.

Agree, the Saints are playing at a much higher intensity then us presently too - fast paced and a bit cleaner.

Think it will be close but we've got too many out of form.

Hard to see us banking 2 in a row. Saints will be keen to knock us off.

The first sentence I agree with you entirely. The second though.. shouldn't we be keener? They already beat us once this year, mainly due to our own incompetence. The dees players should have steam coming out of their ears after that result. If they aren't, then they are just the marshmallow powder-puffs I always presumed them to be.

There ball movement is so far above ours its not funny, we need to degenerate it into a scrap again and beat them on the inside

Im not confident though because the saints are a pretty good side

We did a good job of shutting down Armitage and Steven last game which went a long way to us nearly pinching a win. That needs to happen again. Riewoldt was the difference last time. Think he'll be touch and go this game. If he is out it's a big plus for us. Dunn kept Bruce quiet last time and McCartin isn't troubling the scoreboard much at this point.

Midfield is the worry, especially after last weeks performance.

Daniel 'Harf' Harford still rabbiting on about how the Dees v Brisbane game was 'the worst game he's ever seen'. Its now Wednesday...

Fair dinkum, its amazing how the same dribble is parroted from talking head to talking head without any deep analysis or critical thought. Yeah it was a shyte game but id take a wild guess and say that half the idiots who claimed it was the worst game in the history of the universe either A) didn't watch the game at all and are only going by what their mates in the media say or B) saw a Melbourne Guernsey combined with the fact it was low scoring and decided it was worse than anything that has come before it in 150 years of footy.

If that was Collingwood v Brisbane, the story would have been how terrible Brisbane are or how rock-solid Collingwood's defence is. The fact that it was Melbourne makes it just a red rag to a bull for these oxygen thieves in the media.

Harf is such a clown. I put him in the same category as Tim Watson; that being people who just love the sound of their own voice but offer no value or intelligent thoughts of their own. 2c

They have more momentum than us at the moment, but we do play a style which stiffles the opposition.

They have a couple of key injuries I think.

That said, I tipped us the last 2 weeks, but am currently leaning towards the Saints for this one.

Daniel 'Harf' Harford still rabbiting on about how the Dees v Brisbane game was 'the worst game he's ever seen'. Its now Wednesday...

Fair dinkum, its amazing how the same dribble is parroted from talking head to talking head without any deep analysis or critical thought. Yeah it was a shyte game but id take a wild guess and say that half the idiots who claimed it was the worst game in the history of the universe either A) didn't watch the game at all and are only going by what their mates in the media say or B) saw a Melbourne Guernsey combined with the fact it was low scoring and decided it was worse than anything that has come before it in 150 years of footy.

If that was Collingwood v Brisbane, the story would have been how terrible Brisbane are or how rock-solid Collingwood's defence is. The fact that it was Melbourne makes it just a red rag to a bull for these oxygen thieves in the media.

Harf is such a clown. I put him in the same category as Tim Watson; that being people who just love the sound of their own voice but offer no value or intelligent thoughts of their own. 2c

How could you actually sit back and argue about the analysis of the game though? Ive heard all the talk about the game and cant say I disagree with any of it
The skill level was atrocious, the goal kicking wasnt great , the ball movement was non existent
At no stage after the first quarter did I celebrate any of the goals because it was just an ugly thing to watch.. I didnt actually enjoy watching us win

Probably the only time I remember being at the ground for a win and not standing up and singing the song to celebrate. Gave a clap or two and left the ground. Not that I don't appreciate the win, I just wasn't at all excited by it. Very mundane

I want this one so bad. More than any other game this year.

Sick of St Kilda and their bland lego-men coaches celebrating flaky wins over us. I hope its a cold, wintery day at the 'G and the midfield of Jones, Vince, Viney, Brayshaw, Vandenberg, Tyson and Cross finally clicks and absolutely tears this club a new one.

My heart broke with that loss earlier in the year, made worse by my St Kilda 'mates' rubbing salt into the wounds not seconds after the final siren. I really, really, really want this one.

Don't ****ing let me down Melbourne.
upload_2015-7-22_15-32-57.png
That's pretty wintry if you ask me..

View attachment 155047
That's pretty wintry if you ask me..

Not cold enough... I want Jack Steven to look like this by the end of the game

sh_4_frozen.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see why he would choose us
Other clubs will match our financial offer an we are still a bottom 6 club

Jay Clark on the Sunday rub said Adam treloar is being courted big time by the pies

I wonder if we are working on that behind the scenes

Collingwood court every big name out of contract every year supposedly. I guess the reason it's every year is because they didn't pick up the big names they targeted the year before...

I will forgo a win against the saints if it means we can't beat Norf and derail their September ambitions

haha after the last 8 seasons we've had, we aren't spoiled for choice are we.

Hey all, i'm heading into the Chairmans Club function this Sunday and was wondering if any of you have been before and how you found the experience? Also on the dress code side of things does anyone wear their Dees merch or is it all just stuffed shirt types? Cheers in advance if anyone has some useful tidbits.

Hey all, i'm heading into the Chairmans Club function this Sunday and was wondering if any of you have been before and how you found the experience? Also on the dress code side of things does anyone wear their Dees merch or is it all just stuffed shirt types? Cheers in advance if anyone has some useful tidbits.

Wear a Demon's tie. My personal preference is the early 90's incarnation.

It's a good day usually

A few boring speeches but none the less good

Haven't seen too many in dees merchandise in there before but there are some

As long as you have a collar you're fine, and denim is allowed now

On footy flashbacks this afternoon, ahead of the Melb v Saints game on Channel 7 instead of playing a Melb game from the past Ch 7 are playing the 1992 Elimination Final: St Kilda v Collingwood with Stewart Leowe and Damien Monkhurst?
And that will slip by, why? we havent got any supporters. Bull s**t

St Kilda membership 32692
Melbourne's is 35,642
I can just hear excuses - OH but Melb is well known to have the most supporters converting to members. that is absolute BS!!

Remember Ox got the sack from ch 7, no reason given?
I'd suggest it was for the same reason those dogs as Ch 7 wont give MFC anything except insults, that is the deal with the AFL in 2006 to cull the MFC by cheating the club and its supporters out of the competition.

In the programming info ch 7 describes the game they are showing after flashbacks, Demons v Saints Ch 7 talks about us losing last time and calls the MFC disappointing, just one insult among generally negative narrative in one sentence, I suppose I should be grateful.

On footy flashbacks this afternoon, ahead of the Melb v Saints game on Channel 7 instead of playing a Melb game from the past Ch 7 are playing the 1992 Elimination Final: St Kilda v Collingwood with Stewart Leowe and Damien Monkhurst?

Melbourne's is 35,642
I can just hear excuses - OH but Melb is well known to have the most supporters converting to members. that is absolute BS!!

I'd suggest it was for the same reason those dogs as Ch 7 wont give MFC anything except insults, that is the deal with the AFL in 2006 to cull the MFC by cheating the club and its supporters out of the competition.

In the programming info ch 7 describes the game they are showing after flashbacks, Demons v Saints Ch 7 talks about us losing last time and calls the MFC disappointing, just one insult among generally negative narrative in one sentence, I suppose I should be grateful.

The * dude?

Melbourne's is 35,642

I must agree with you the only time we ever are on footy flash backs is when we play Carlton which will be the case later on. Or if we play Hawthorn on a sunday

Melbourne's is 35,642

Solid rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back