Gillard's AWU/Wilson past about to haunt her?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, say that again.
Every time some lunatic gets bail we scream that the courts aren't representative of public opinion, and yet here's a man sitting in judgement of himself who doesn't use email. That's hardly the common, or reasonable man.

Every time some lunatic gets bail we scream that the courts aren't representative of public opinion, and yet here's a man sitting in judgement of himself who doesn't use email. That's hardly the common, or reasonable man.

LOL, compulsive viewing this morning.

http://www.commcast.com.au/turc

Should have sold the TV rights , better than anything on TV these days.

What a sham. The points been made before, but it's so obvious. The current batch of Liberal Party members have ruined a good chance at actually looking at Union corruption and intimidation. They aren't fit to govern and never have been.

Also, it's worth noting that like Children Overboard, these stories that make the LNP look bad are being reported by News Corp. They have good journos and good contacts with conservative voters. Shame about the editors and columnists!

Whereabouts Maggie5 ? I have gone to when I joined BF and surprise surprise, Nothing! :rolleyes:
Fair enough, it might have been in the 'likes/\'. Still you can answer this:
Do you believe the builders testimony about Gillard paying 'cash' for renovations and that her 'boyfriend' was involved?
This evidence was quite damning yet it was his word against hers and accepted by Dyson.

Fair enough, it might have been in the 'likes/\'. Still you can answer this:
Do you believe the builders testimony about Gillard paying 'cash' for renovations and that her 'boyfriend' was involved?
This evidence was quite damning yet it was his word against hers and accepted by Dyson.
One of both parties could be lying but the onus is on the accuser to prove it. Therefore, Gillard has nothing to worry about in my book.

One of both parties could be lying but the onus is on the accuser to prove it. Therefore, Gillard has nothing to worry about in my book.
A little bit each way yet you refuse to consider the same possibility in the other thread, despite overwhelming evidence?
Also totally disregard scientific evidence.
Very strange.
I follow the thinking of and usually helps in formulating an opinion - follow the money...who benefits/who loses?

A little bit each way yet you refuse to consider the same possibility in the other thread, despite overwhelming evidence?
Also totally disregard scientific evidence.
Very strange.
I follow the thinking of and usually helps in formulating an opinion - follow the money...who benefits/who loses?
I fail to consider the word of people who get caught out lying in emails about man made climate change. Who cannot explain why the temperature has stayed stable since 1998 but assure us it will start rising again next decade. Who homogenise the data to show fake temperature rises.

I fail to consider the word of people who get caught out lying in emails about man made climate change. Who cannot explain why the temperature has stayed stable since 1998 but assure us it will start rising again next decade. Who homogenise the data to show fake temperature rises.
Sorry but I really need a break from you and your closed mind on at least three topics I feel really strongly about.
Happy to debate with a more rational person.

Sorry but I really need a break from you and your closed mind on at least three topics I feel really strongly about.
Happy to debate with a more rational person.
That is fine Maggie. You don't like capitalism. I get it. I don't like being lied to by those who guess that a particular gas that only makes up 400ppm of the atmosphere is bad for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is fine Maggie. You don't like capitalism. I get it. I don't like being lied to by those who guess that a particular gas that only makes up 400ppm of the atmosphere is bad for us!
How in the hell did we get to talking about Capitalism?
Man, you maybe the one that needs the rest, I wonder what sort of teachers you had.
Me I was lucky, they challenged our thinking processes all the time.

I'm surprised DR didn't update everyone, but the case versus Blewitt collapsed last week. The charges were withdrawn due to “no reasonable prospect of conviction”. Jon Faine joked that the only person 'convicted' over this entire issue was Faine himself, because an ABC complaints process found he wasn't fair, even though everything he said was true. Punished for 'telling it like it is' about this much-hyped story.
Those teachers are now a bygone era.
Todman, you were a schoolkid all this time? It explains so much! What a shame you weren't taught good critical thinking. There's always time to teach yourself, though. Personal responsibility and all that - you're clearly interested in it. Listen to what I say more and you'll be making an important first step.

True to an extent but still a few good ones around.

I think teachers generally are much maligned. They're an easy target for lazy populist pollies & shock jocks, & also lazy parents.

Remember kids gain a lot of their character & ideas in the first 4 years of life. That parental territory people.

I'm not defending all teachers. Like anywhere, their are good, real good, not so good & bloody awful teachers. Just like kids, parents & pollies.

Teachers get given the curriculum. So much is shoved in it & it seems much more confusing now than when I had my early schooling. I wonder how some kids & teachers survive the experience.

Remember kids gain a lot of their character & ideas in the first 4 years of life. That parental territory people.
And a lot through simple genetics - size and activity of various areas of the brain and so on.

The point being: teachers can't work miracles.

And a lot through simple genetics - size and activity of various areas of the brain and so on.

The point being: teachers can't work miracles.
Yes absolutely & thats my point.
That & the lazy politicisation of the teaching profession via the blame game.
Like all areas, teaching is an ongoing work, aiming to be better. But, look at the total of developmental factors kids are exposed to.
Otherwise we improve nothing.

Academia was never like real work

Even though we are a knowledge work economy, the gap seems to be increasing

How many office workers hand wrote their last document?

If the purpose of writing is to transfer information to the lasting medium for consumption by another at a later time then does it matter how much is written or typed or even if the spelling is correct as long as it serves it's purpose?

I know it matters to some people, but on the scale of importance, isn't it more important what is being said than for there to be a perfectly delivery of that idea?

And yes, I did that on purpose.

If the purpose of writing is to transfer information to the lasting medium for consumption by another at a later time then does it matter how much is written or typed or even if the spelling is correct as long as it serves it's purpose?

I know it matters to some people, but on the scale of importance, isn't it more important what is being said than for there to be a perfectly delivery of that idea?

A fine point, and one that could be applied in many places on many threads. Did you mean to put it here?
Academia was never like real work

Even though we are a knowledge work economy, the gap seems to be increasing

How many office workers hand wrote their last document?
Some odd points. But again, did you mean to put it here?

Was there something deleted that we missed?

Spelling and grammatical structure like punctuation is vitally important as even a misplaced comma can change the entire context of a sentence.

Let's all eat out, mum!

Let's all eat out mum!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back