Glass for AA

Remove this Banner Ad

Kaitsey

Club Legend
Suspended
May 24, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
coming back into the team not even 100% fit, and to towell anthony rocca is a massive acheivment by glass. he plays against open forward lines everyweek and rarely gets beaten, from the top of my head i can only think that fev killed him, but besides that, he hasnt really been beaten this whole year.

dont get me wrong, rutten is a great player, but he has help all the time from basset and others, in a clogged up forward line.

but somehow i dont see glass getting in the AA team, because he is too under-rated

You hear the the midfield delivery to forwards can make or break a FB.

The better the delivery the less chance a FB has,the worse the delivery the less chance the FF has.

One would think the better midfields out there would assist there defenders??

rayven said:
You hear the the midfield delivery to forwards can make or break a FB.

The better the delivery the less chance a FB has,the worse the delivery the less chance the FF has.

One would think the better midfields out there would assist there defenders??

Not ours, our midfield have zero accountability and have for the large part of the season been garbage.

Embers said:
Not ours, our midfield have zero accountability and have for the large part of the season been garbage.

On the plus side is that most of the AA selectors actually don't watch games and just go on the stats plus their ideas of what the sides are like / should be like / what they have heard. Case in point was Gerard Healy the other week stating that Burton kicking 7 goals from a wing was pretty good, except for the fact Gerard that Burton played the whole game in the forward line and at no stage lined up on the wing.

Rutten is not being put up by most media people (and on the main board of BF) as they continue to say that he is helped out by our midfield and our flooding into the defensive area. Last Friday night there were more players in the Crows forward line due to the Kanagroos dropping at least 3 extra men into there and yet Rucciuto kicks 5, McGregor Kicks 4. There goes that arguement.

FF's are also changing their natural game style to conteract Rutten's influence. He himself has said recently that he is playing more as a CHB as that is where the FF's are dragging him away from the goal face.

On the weekend if you are interested, watch how this 21 year old with only 50 games played at AFL level is the general of the Adelaide backlines with Bassett - how these two actually make changes on field and then tell the runner to tell the coach that that is what they have done.

People will quote Scarlett's 34 possession game on the weekend but he actually never stood anyone for most of those possessions. Carroll got creamed by Bradshaw and Glass had a few kicked on him at one stage didn't he? Rutten has still only conceded 16 goals in 16 games which is a a huge effort.

NikkiNoo said:
On the plus side is that most of the AA selectors actually don't watch games and just go on the stats plus their ideas of what the sides are like / should be like / what they have heard. Case in point was Gerard Healy the other week stating that Burton kicking 7 goals from a wing was pretty good, except for the fact Gerard that Burton played the whole game in the forward line and at no stage lined up on the wing.

Rutten is not being put up by most media people (and on the main board of BF) as they continue to say that he is helped out by our midfield and our flooding into the defensive area. Last Friday night there were more players in the Crows forward line due to the Kanagroos dropping at least 3 extra men into there and yet Rucciuto kicks 5, McGregor Kicks 4. There goes that arguement.

FF's are also changing their natural game style to conteract Rutten's influence. He himself has said recently that he is playing more as a CHB as that is where the FF's are dragging him away from the goal face.

On the weekend if you are interested, watch how this 21 year old with only 50 games played at AFL level is the general of the Adelaide backlines with Bassett - how these two actually make changes on field and then tell the runner to tell the coach that that is what they have done.

People will quote Scarlett's 34 possession game on the weekend but he actually never stood anyone for most of those possessions. Carroll got creamed by Bradshaw and Glass had a few kicked on him at one stage didn't he? Rutten has still only conceded 16 goals in 16 games which is a a huge effort.

Rocca kicked 1 very iffy goal on Glass.

This is a case where an awesome team makes Rutten look good.
Not that he isn't a great FB, I would agree that he is certainly that.

Most teams aim to enter their forward fifty 50 times during a match.
Teams playing against Adelaide apparently only average about 40 inside 50's a match. That means that Rutten already has 10 less forward 50 entries to deffend per game than other FB's. Thats 20% less work than everyone else has to do!

West Coast 06 said:
This is a case where an awesome team makes Rutten look good.
Not that he isn't a great FB, I would agree that he is certainly that.

Most teams aim to enter their forward fifty 50 times during a match.
Teams playing against Adelaide apparently only average about 40 inside 50's a match. That means that Rutten already has 10 less forward 50 entries to deffend per game than other FB's. Thats 20% less work than everyone else has to do!

This is the same stat that all the Geelong supporters quote at us crows supporters when we stick up for our player.

See my comments above - Rutten this year has been one of the players keeping the ball out of the 50 as the FF's are changing their game style to play more up the ground and out of the 50. The silly thing is that Rutten is a very intelligent player and the fact that they think dragging him up the ground is going to negate him is just plain silly. An example of this is what he does when Tredrea plays on a wing, outscores him is what he does. ;)

I am just amazed at the poise and development shown by a 50 gamer. There are stats on the Adelaide board for effective kicks and handballs and I think he is around 89% on average for his disposals and has one of the deadliest 50m stab passes going around. I just wish he wouldn't stick to the game plan so much and run further up the field to send those passes onto the chest of our forwards more often.

I agree that we do get numbers behind the ball and we often (if you give us time) will set up one or two spare men in the defensive 50. But we do allow our defense to work as a unit to assist each other. Or Bassett will yell at the others to get out of his space! Each game I have seen this year (and the west coast one is one of the few interstate ones I am going to miss) the opposition in fact flood more than we do. It's just this perception now that we are floodadelaide and that the other teams don't do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NikkiNoo said:
This is the same stat that all the Geelong supporters quote at us crows supporters when we stick up for our player.

See my comments above - Rutten this year has been one of the players keeping the ball out of the 50 as the FF's are changing their game style to play more up the ground and out of the 50. The silly thing is that Rutten is a very intelligent player and the fact that they think dragging him up the ground is going to negate him is just plain silly. An example of this is what he does when Tredrea plays on a wing, outscores him is what he does. ;)

I am just amazed at the poise and development shown by a 50 gamer. There are stats on the Adelaide board for effective kicks and handballs and I think he is around 89% on average for his disposals and has one of the deadliest 50m stab passes going around. I just wish he wouldn't stick to the game plan so much and run further up the field to send those passes onto the chest of our forwards more often.

I agree that we do get numbers behind the ball and we often (if you give us time) will set up one or two spare men in the defensive 50. But we do allow our defense to work as a unit to assist each other. Or Bassett will yell at the others to get out of his space! Each game I have seen this year (and the west coast one is one of the few interstate ones I am going to miss) the opposition in fact flood more than we do. It's just this perception now that we are floodadelaide and that the other teams don't do it.

We dont flood at all, which might be why were successful against you. It ****s me alot. We play with more numbers in our forward line then we do in our own defence.

Kaitsey said:
sorry, but adelaide flood heavily....

Sorry but Adelaide have the most points scored for in the competition this year. This flooding crap is the last refuge of a desparate Fletcher/Michael/Scarlett and now apparently Glass fans.

NikkiNoo said:

Ok ok, we realise you have no shortage of awesome players in your team and the 2006 flag is yours.

Just let us have this small victory.

94_Eagles said:
Ok ok, we realise you have no shortage of awesome players in your team and the 2006 flag is yours.

Just let us have this small victory.

nope :D

I actually think that it will a great close game as the past ones have been between our two sides with some free running football.

jo172 said:
Sorry but Adelaide have the most points scored for in the competition this year. This flooding crap is the last refuge of a desparate Fletcher/Michael/Scarlett and now apparently Glass fans.

Lynch to kick a bag on rutten this week

NikkiNoo said:
nope :D

I actually think that it will a great close game as the past ones have been between our two sides with some free running football.
I hope so too but you will flood us within the first 5 minutes. Guaranteed.

jo172 said:
LMFAO! Lynch could only kick one against Prestigiacomo, a Great White Hope if there ever was one.

Sorry about this post I feel you've given me honest football discussion so i should reciprocate and give actual reasons why Lynch will not "kick a bag"

The players who have always looked the strongest against Truck are the forwards who rely on their leading and pace rather than their strength to get a majority of their marks. Strength players such as Brown, Tredera, Hall and Gehrig all have very poor records against Ben but the players who just about break even have been the Neitz's, Fevola's and Pavlich's who rely more on their leading and speed.

Not only if a player relies on their strength is there a high possibility of the Truck spoiling but also the third man up usually Basset or Hart has time to reach the contest and spoil.

EDIT: Also a forward has to make use of every opportunity against Rutten. Players who are prone to dropping marks (Lynch) and miss set shots at goal rarely suceed and Rutten will rarely give alot of chances so the ones he does give have to be made count.

In all honesty I cant see TBU kicking anything, maybe 1 or 2 freakish goals. Flukey goals if you will.

Our midfield will be under immense pressure and delivery into F50 will suffer as a consequence.

I cant see us beating Adelaide based on current form.

But form can be turned around just like that! :thumbsu: :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back