World Cup Greek Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Barry whats funny about that? Ivory Coast and Colombia will run rings around Greece...or Barry have you forgotten that you qualified from the weakest group ever.
Greece isn't a force but they're not rubbish. I don't think you watch much soccer if you think Colombia and Ivory Coast will run rings around Greece. They're a very disciplined unit that plays to their strengths. They may not win but they won't get hammered like you imply.

Thats fair barry greece have a track record ironically not unlike Romania or turkey (being so close together)
I think Greece has been more consistent than those teams over the last decade. Maybe not as much individual talent but definitely better balanced and disciplined.

Bosnia and Greece finished on level points in the qualifiers but whatever. You say Bosnia dominated, fair enough they would win their games by a few goals but you obviously dont watch Greece if you think they struggle to win games by a goal so you shouldn't be passing judgement. It's how we've won games for the past 10 years, games we've clearly dominated. We've never had the players to play an offensive brand, and put 3/4 goals past a side, we rely heavily on our solid backline. If we get a lead we back ourselves to the hill on our ability to defend. We play to our strengths

Czechs,Ukraine,Serbia,Montenegro have more talented players then greece

Yet all 4 have inferior national teams to Greece. You're just a typical EPL fanboy that doesn't see Greeks playing in England, Spain, Italy etc and thinks they're a rubbish side. While you see countries like Serbia and Croatia etc with star players in top leagues and wonder why they fail. There's more to international football than just star footballers

I will be cheering for Australia, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Greece and Uruguay in that order....
infact all 4 have done more then greece on the world stage in the history of football

Denmark & Greece have won more international trophies on per capita basis than any other nation on the planet - respect.

infact all 4 have done more then greece on the world stage in the history of football

Except Greece have won a European Championship. Ok, you can argue semantics (European stage), but with the exception of the Czechs none of the teams you mentioned have won anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're seriously comparing Soviet Union and Yugoslavia to Greece?? As individual nations they have done s**t!

CrowsUnitedFC i did watch your qualifiers you were average in a woefull group Bosnia dominated the group that says it all while you guys sturggled to victories against woefull sides. i could name 10 nations that should rather be there then Greece
LOL we only lost 1 game and that was away against a good Bosnian side. Also since you follow the Russian NT, I have to mention the 1-0 loss to N.Ireland in the last qualifying campaign. Who's rubbish again??

Greece has high hopes on mitroglou do you think moving to Fulham and will drop him from the teams first 11?
No way! Our Forward options are fairly limited ATM and even a 50% healthy Mitro will get the nod over our other forwards! Gekas is fairly useless these days and Klaus isn't experienced enough to start at the WC. Though our Forward line will look good at future tournaments since we have a lot of talented up and coming stars. Players like Karelis, Klonaridis, Diamantakos, Vellios (although he needs to get his act together), Mavrias, Gianniotas etc... I hope EPO wake up and lift Katidis's life ban. Brilliant player. Has the potential of being Greece's best ever.

Barry im Australian nations that i mentioned especially the czechs and serbs should be there rather then greece they have individual players worth watching

but barry are you reading what i write at all - your group was easy too easy infact you were assured 2nd spot and a playoff against a weak team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back