Guess What The Worst Part About Today Was?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hu$tler

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Our fans.

Reminds me of Australian cricket team fans. Bunch of spoiled babies who just moan and complain and find easy blame options. Imagine being a ******* Melbourne supporter!!

Heard someone abusing Cox and saying he was unfit. Even heard people saying "oh thank god we have Melbourne". Chill the * out.

Every ******* time we got a free against there were groans and people throwing their hands up as if they were confused.

Sure there was some shocking calls and the umps had too much influence on the game, but our reactions were ridiculous.

50 point loss at home is never good. 0-2 but now we have quite an easy run. We have the worst injury list in the comp and are missing our 4 out of our 10 most important players.

And also to our cheer squad. What an embarrassment. Have no idea how these people are chosen but between the guy who takes up 3 seats and the women who cant even hold up the flags, I'm over their s**t.

Football side of things, the Hawks hit targets and we didn't. Simple.

Can't give a good side an 8 goal to 1 start and expect to comeback. Same s**t happened at the MCG late last year.

A couple things still worry me about Woosha. Copped a lot of s**t years ago for wanting him gone, and still think the credit is more to our list manager and overall coaching squad for the way we responded after winning the spoon. We still haven't got past the 3rd week of September for 7 years now.

Why don't we use Hurn more? Best kick we have and he touches it 15 times a game.

Mitchell left alone all game......wow.

No pressure on Birchall, Hodge Guerra, Gibson etc all game either. Their left foot bullets killed us.

Also saw for the first time Waters not go 110 percent at a contest towards the end of the game. Could have smashed Hale and attempted a spoil but he stopped and watched. Not sure if it's the new rules but very weird because the game was still up for grabs.

Shuey and Sheppard showed some signs which was nice. A Selwood STILL a liability and his brother had an off game too but will definitely cut him some slack.

Masten and JK brilliant, Darling not far behind. What a debut for Sinclair he's miles ahead of Lycett. Subiaco vs Peel and it shows which is why I'm wanting the WAFL to be a stronger comp.

Good time to go on the road, get an easy win and get back on track. We just seem sloppy and unhealthy. First part of this OP is my main point though, pathetic fans who wonder why everyone hates us.

Our fans.

Reminds me of Australian cricket team fans. Bunch of spoiled babies who just moan and complain and find easy blame options. Imagine being a ******* Melbourne supporter!!

Heard someone abusing Cox and saying he was unfit. Even heard people saying "oh thank god we have Melbourne". Chill the **** out.

Every ******* time we got a free against their was groans and people throwing their hands up as if they were confused.

Sure there was some shocking calls and the umps had too much influence on the game, but our reactions were ridiculous.

50 point loss at home is never good. 0-2 but now we have quite an easy run. We have the worst injury list in the comp and are missing our 4 out of our 10 most important players.

And also to our cheers quad. What an embarrassment. Have no idea how these people are chosen but between the guy who takes up 3 seats and the women who cant even hold up the flags, I'm over their s**t.

Can't give a good side an 8 goal to 1 start and expect to comeback. Same s**t happened at the MCG late last year.

A couple things still worry me about Woosha. Copped a lot of s**t years ago for wanting him gone, and still think the credit is more to our list manager and overall coaching squad for the way we responded after winning the spoon. We still haven't got past the 3rd week of September for 7 years now.

Why don't we use Hurn more. Best kick we have and he touches it 15 times a game.

No pressure on Birchall, Hodge Guerra, Gibson etc all game either. Their left foot bullets killed us.

Also saw for the first time Waters not go 110 percent at a contest towards the end of the game. Could have smashed Hale and attempted a spoil but he stopped and watched. Not sure if it's the new rules but very weird because the game was still up for grabs.

Shuey and Sheppard showed some signs which was nice. A Selwood STILL a liability and his brother had an off game too but will definitely cut him some slack.

Masten and JK brilliant, Darling not far behind. What a debut for Sinclair he's miles ahead of Lycett. Subiaco vs Peel and it shows which is why I'm wanting the WAFL to be a stronger comp.

Good time to go on the road, get an easy win and get back on track. We just seem sloppy and unhealthy. First part of this OP is my main point though, pathetic fans who wonder why everyone hates us.
This was the most painful thing about the match, the fact that one of the best users of the ball in the league and one of the premier midfielders, was not given a shred of respect. We should've chucked scooter on him he was having a shocker anyway.

The pressure throughout the whole game from our point of view was just non-exsistent

The worst part about today was that they got the majority of their goals from simply scrubbing the ball forward and creating a contest. Technically that should be the easiest thing to defend, but we lacked ground level pressure and gifted them way too many easy goals. I thought we actually went into attack in a more organised manner, but when you go into your 50 half the number of times the opposition into theirs that's never going to win you a game.

Couldn't agree more OP. Geez I hate listening to some of the crap that comes out of our supporters mouths.

It's round two ffs, we have 6 of our best 22 out injured. Hawks r a very good side.

Have to agree about the fans. I have been a member for 19 years and have NEVER left a game before the final siren, never! If you are happy to sit there for a good win you should be sitting there through the most insipid performance we can produce, not that today was the worst, not by a long shot but I hate these people at the game that just give up and bail to " beat the traffic" absolute joke and should hand your memberships to the tens of thousands waiting for years to be a part of it.

Our fans.

Heard someone abusing Cox and saying he was unfit. Even heard people saying "oh thank god we have Melbourne". Chill the **** out.

Every ******* time we got a free against there were groans and people throwing their hands up as if they were confused.

And also to our cheer squad. What an embarrassment. Have no idea how these people are chosen but between the guy who takes up 3 seats and the women who cant even hold up the flags, I'm over their s**t.

Why don't we use Hurn more? Best kick we have and he touches it 15 times a game.

Well said.

Sat next to an elderly lady on the way home today, and the first thing she mentioned about the loss was the umpiring -WE LOST THE GAME BECAUSE OF THE WAY WE ******G PLAYED, umpiring was no factor in the result.

Wake up, its not the 90s any more, we're not going to be a top 4 side and win every home game year in, year out.

Our disposal today was embarrassingly woeful, can't believe certain people giving certain players votes on here who turned around close to half their possessions.

Their was sweet fa intensity in the first and final quarters, we simply gave up when Hawthorn got the first 2 goals of the final term.

Our tenacity was similar to Melbourne's so far this year.

BUT DON'T KILL THE CAT, ITS ROUND TWO FOR SH!TS SAKE!
Still to come in 2013: Naitanui, Le Cras, Wellingham, Kerr, Mackenzie, and Rosa.​
Hats off to JK, Priddis, Hill, Butler, Sheppard and Sinclair on a MIGHTY debut.​

What worries me is that we might lose to Melbourne next week.
If Kerr comes back in I favour the Eagles to beat Melbourne but if we haved the same team as we had today we might lose to Melbourne.

Until our best players come back in, we are so vulnerable.

WE WILL NEED A COMPLETE REBUILD which will take a few years in my opinion
Our recruiters are making mistakes like missing out on Murdoch, Jetta.

We need to find a replacement for Priddis with a bigger bodied midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half the ground had heat stroke. Give us a break. My membership card actually melted and I sweated out the 15 jacks from last night.

I go to the footy in Melbourne every week and have been to a few games at subi, although never been to a losing game at subi. Most games I go to are pies, blues, bombers, tiges.. It's all the same, some people just don't get it and let their heart take over instead of seeing things for what they are. We are no different, it's annoying having to listen to peoples BS at games. For mine the most indimidating home crowd in the country is collingwood at the G whoever they are playing. How indimidating would they be if everyone viewed the game objectively and sat quietly cheering or whinging only when necessary. I'm not saying everything the subi home crowd do is great, but every club has passionate supporters big clubs have more. I love seeing eastern clubs cop what we cop in Melbourne.

No. The most common phrase I use on this board is "only losers worry about umpires".

You have brought shame on your comrades with your main board post you back-sniping scum.

Did OP post this on the main board?

Wow, he did.

Poor form.

I go to the footy in Melbourne every week and have been to a few games at subi, although never been to a losing game at subi. Most games I go to are pies, blues, bombers, tiges.. It's all the same, some people just don't get it and let their heart take over instead of seeing things for what they are. We are no different, it's annoying having to listen to peoples BS at games. For mine the most indimidating home crowd in the country is collingwood at the G whoever they are playing. How indimidating would they be if everyone viewed the game objectively and sat quietly cheering or whinging only when necessary. I'm not saying everything the subi home crowd do is great, but every club has passionate supporters big clubs have more. I love seeing eastern clubs cop what we cop in Melbourne.

I find it funny that someone thinks one group of people going to the footy are any different from others. People Booo, people leave early, and shock and horror quite a few are actually very sore losers. Some dont know the rules, some are bandwagoners. Not sure we need to try and get a demographic of 40,000+ people through the gate who all feel the same way. What would that do? We would have the best behaved fans at the footy?

+1 for our fans not being much different from the other 17 clubs supporters.

What i think makes things worse for the OP is basically that you sit next to the same people every single game for YEARS!! Luckily i sit in a part of the ground where the supporters are quite decent. Weve got one bloke who gets the Eagles chant going when we have momentum or need momentum. And apart from a few jibes at a particular playing having a bad game, generally the crowd is well behaved.

I cant fault some people for leaving early when we are losing. The couple next to me drive up from Wagin every game. Not sure how long that trek is but the last thing you need on a Sunday afternoon is to spend an extra 20 minutes in a carpark when you already have a long drive ahead of you. Besides, when supporters leave early it just means the rest of us that stubbornly hang around get to exit the ground that much quicker when the siren finally goes.

I quite like the fact that we are one-eyed supporters. No-one is going to give you a pat on the back for being impartial, and every time we put pressure on the umpires to give us a square-up free-kick, its to our advantage.

But yeah, youre experience at Eagles games really depends on your luck as to who your seated near. One of my workmates is an absolute dickhead, and i feel sorry for the poor people who are within ear shot of his antics and abhorrent loud mouth behaviour. I cant imagine having to sit next to him every single game.

It's okay I sit next to guys who bagged out Josh Hill today even though he was amongst our best players, as he wasn't the Cyril-type that they wanted.

I find it funny that someone thinks one group of people going to the footy are any different from others. People Booo, people leave early, and shock and horror quite a few are actually very sore losers. Some dont know the rules, some are bandwagoners. Not sure we need to try and get a demographic of 40,000+ people through the gate who all feel the same way. What would that do? We would have the best behaved fans at the footy?

Your dead right mate, hawthorn (not just cos they flogged us) and Melbourne have the most boring home crowds, would hate to think our home games become like that. There's nothing wrong with home crowds trying to influence
The game, don't let the Vic's convince you guys that any of their great clubs home ground crowds are any different. The passion to win at all costs is what makes clubs great.. Leaving Early is sh1t tho..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back