News & Events Gun Control is NOT WORKING

Remove this Banner Ad

So massacres only get carried out by the people who legally own the firearms? Having high powered semi autos in the community at all makes them more readily available.

In any case, you should move to the United States. Cause Australia is a place of logic and reason, and luckily for us we had this debate and won it back in 96.

So massacres only get carried out by the people who legally own the firearms? Having high powered semi autos in the community at all makes them more readily available.

In any case, you should move to the United States. Cause Australia is a place of appeals to emotion and hollow rhetoric, and luckily for us we had this debate and won it back in 96.
ftfy

thankfully lunatics like stralia and Cake are in the minority and our current gun laws has exactly zero chance of getting repealed as it would be political suicide

Its also a place or incredible amounts of resources, and the Crown can't have its subjects claiming it back when the farm is being sold.

Imagine what would happen to the world economy if we stopped exporting.What needs we couldn't produce ourself we traded for with Iran, nth Korea etc etc..

We'd be invaded quick smart.

The Department of Justices own figures find that Americans use firearms defensively around 1.5 million times a year. Compare that to the 11,000/12,000 gun homicides per year. Which itself has been dropping for nearly 20 years.

The american Dept of justice also says that terrorism offenses around the world have risen astronomically in the days after nine eleven..

They count every Iraqi resistance to the invasion in 2003 as acts of terror, even the ones carried out by Shi'ite against Sunni's, Shi'ite funded,armed, trained by the americans to serve America's best interests.

I don't believe that they're (dep of justice) a reliable source.

The Department of Justices own figures find that Americans use firearms defensively around 1.5 million times a year. Compare that to the 11,000/12,000 gun homicides per year. Which itself has been dropping for nearly 20 years.

And a 22 wouldnt do the job? Only high powered semi autos?

And a 22 wouldnt do the job? Only high powered semi autos?

If you want to piss off an assailant and really get their adrenalin pumping, sure, a 22 is an excellent choice.

More of a challenge for us big blokes.

The 70yo mothers may not want that though.

Gun control IS working.

With the ammount of ice fiends running around Melbourne at the moment if guns were freely available or easily accessible after robbing a home etc I'm sure you'd find a hell of a lot more shootings than what's currently going on.

All the kids that are carrying box cutters at the moment would without doubt have handguns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gun homicide rate has been in a steep downward trend in relation to other methods of homicide since a decade before the start of gun control.

Lisa, I want to buy your rock.
If you actually look at the graph (i know it's hard to ignore the misleading long term trend line) the gun homicide rate from 89-90 to 95-96 was actually rising faster than the knife/sharp instrument rate from the same time which trend line has remained relatively linear. I'm not surprised you want to buy the rock.

If you actually look at the graph (i know it's hard to ignore the misleading long term trend line) the gun homicide rate from 89-90 to 95-96 was actually rising faster than the knife/sharp instrument rate from the same time which trend line has remained relatively linear. I'm not surprised you want to buy the rock.

Notice how America is the only one brought up as an example.

Despite having 320 million people, and having diversities in society that our country may never comprehend, let alone endure.

What about Switzerland? How come no one ever says Switzerland? Or Finland?

Because it doesn't pander to the scare mentality - the same mentality everyone's brainwashed by despite contradictions on the news.
Switzerland you say?

ScreenShot2013-11-07at105444AM_zps71970abd.png

ScreenShot2013-11-07at105434AM_zpsb3c2d1ad.png

If you want to piss off an assailant and really get their adrenalin pumping, sure, a 22 is an excellent choice.

More of a challenge for us big blokes.

A .22 is actually the weapon of choice for assassins. As told to me during the endless stories my dad's friends have told me about the "old days" in the British SAS.

So is a bag of flour by the way.

If you're doing a home invasion and someone shoots at you with a .22, you are GTFO of there.

That said, handguns aren't meant for self defence in this country. You have to keep your ammo and gun in separate safes anyway

If you're doing a home invasion and someone shoots at you with a .22, you are GTFO of there.

That said, handguns aren't meant for self defence in this country. You have to keep your ammo and gun in separate safes anyway

Did an academic tell you how home invaders react to toy guns too?

A .22 is actually the weapon of choice for assassins. As told to me during the endless stories my dad's friends have told me about the "old days" in the British SAS.
.22's are piss weak in rifles. the pistols are light and quiet. If you're using a pistol you're going to be at close range, so accuracy is not an issue. You can aim at a sweet spot. They can leave only a small hole and little blood. Really good for discreet assassinations

As told to me by those who claim to be in the know and authors who've served in special forces

I've put accurate rounds from .22's into puddy cats and still they survive.

You honestly think people are going to check what calibre a gun is when it's pointed at them? Most people will s**t themselves, regardless.

I'm pretty sure most 70yo mothers have trouble opening jam jars, let alone handling high powered weapons. I'm sure most 70 yo mothers want nothing to do with high powered weaponry.

You honestly think people are going to check what calibre a gun is when it's pointed at them? Most people will s**t themselves, regardless.

I'm pretty sure most 70yo mothers have trouble opening jam jars, let alone handling high powered weapons. I'm sure most 70 yo mothers want nothing to do with high powered weaponry.

Even a COD player would spot a toy gun.

Most 70yo women wouldnt want one, but it should be their choice.

Not Big Brothers.

Even a COD player would spot a toy gun.

Most 70yo women wouldnt want one, but it should be their choice.

Not Big Brothers.

Surely you draw the line some where? Should criminals be sold guns? Should bombs and explosives be allowed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back