Preview GWS Vs Collingwood; Sun June 14 1:10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how they played against Brisbane... I don't see Giants winning this at all. Giants could have easily won by over 50.

It will be a close one but Collingwood will win. I HOPE IM WRONG:cry:

Given how they played against Brisbane... I don't see Giants winning this at all. Giants could have easily won by over 50.

It will be a close one but Collingwood will win. I HOPE IM WRONG:cry:

I saw the Pies game. Melbourne was a lot closer to beating the Pies than Brisbane was to beating GWS. I don't think we'll definitely win, but I definitely think it'll be a 50/50 game that could cover all eventualities: a close game or blow out either way depending who does and doesn't show up.

I saw the Pies game. Melbourne was a lot closer to beating the Pies than Brisbane was to beating GWS. I don't think we'll definitely win, but I definitely think it'll be a 50/50 game that could cover all eventualities: a close game or blow out either way depending who does and doesn't show up.

When Melbourne got a roll on and got run-and-carry going, they ripped Collingwood apart.

GWS does the run-and-carry thing pretty well.

On the other hand, when Collingwood were up, they harassed the ball-carrier very well - and thats something GWS can be vulnerable to.

It's a big game for both sides.

I wouldn't read too much into the Brisbane game... i think we went out there with the mentality to beat them and come away with the chocolates. We didn't want to go and bury them, we just wanted 4 points and thats what happened. I think we have been looking towards these last two games before the bye for a while yet. They will really polarise where we are at

The boys need to play with composure and we need to mitigate Cloke who played his best game in years last Monday. We don't really have a gorilla who can man handle him so we are a bit vulnerable if the big fella brings his A game.

Talent wise I think we are a much better team but the lads have looked a bit fatigued at times and I think quite a few are looking forward to the bye.

If we play our best footy I think we can win by 3-4 goals. If we don't turn up we will be smashed.

I don't know... a draw might also tell us exactly where we both are.
I'd take a draw if that meant we both finish where we are :)

I haven't watched you guys closely (except with relish against Carscum) so I'm not sure how this will play out...Home ground advantage might be the only difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd take a draw if that meant we both finish where we are :)

I haven't watched you guys closely (except with relish against Carscum) so I'm not sure how this will play out...Home ground advantage might be the only difference?

Home ground advantage is a fair advantage at the moment, looking at our capitulation to West Coast over there. We're yet to beat a good team away, though at least some of that is the vagaries of the draw.

Hi Guys
We have a weekly Banter thread on our Board where we like to engage in some friendly fire with the opposition.
It's lighthearted and good fun, and a bit of a free for all.

Please check our the rules in the OP (basically no abuse is tolerated)

Everyone is welcome, so please come check it out here

This week's banter starts on page 83

fyi captainMyCaptain Scully2Folau

yep. There is a difference between making the 8 because you are a genuine prospect and making it because of the draw. I wouldnt want us to do a richmond
In by doing a Richmond do you mean finishing ninth :).....I hope not too

Agree we will be targetting at least one more win before the bye. If we can do this, we are a very good chance of top eight.
Yep, 8 wins is an excellent platform before the bye.
It's hard not to dream about the 'F' word. I've already told the missus that if we make top 8, I'll be going, no matter where it is.

Waiting on the teams to see how optimistic we should be this week. AFL prediction is 9 pts to the Pies. If that's near the mark, it should at least be a good game.

How do we feel about the centre square match up? I think Grundy will be bashed up a bit by mummy but they will still win the clearances. Their midfield experience will matter.

I heard Pendlebury is carrying a minor niggle and you can tell, he's just not quite as smooth and ball winning through the middle. Swan's a bit older, but Sidebottom's still great. If all our mids are on song it'd be an advantage to us IMO.

You could tell Mummy was furious about how he went against the dogs. I dont see him having another weak game just yet.
Yeah i agree. But we see every week teams win the taps but the clearance count is even... Thats why i say their experience matters. It would be nice if our experience (griff) turned up this week

Ward and Sculls are showing up, and they should now be seen as in their prime. Griff is up and down for sure, but I am still content with most of his down days. I am concerned though that he is playing with a health issue. It might be physical or it might be mental. Either way, it may pay to consider a rest if the bye is not enough?

I think we underestimate that pies midfield at our peril. Brodie Grundy is tall and wiry but he is tough at the contest and won't back down from the Mumford challenge, esp with Witts around to help out. Hrs silo also a great user of the footy and can hurt us on the spread.

Pendlebury with a niggle can still win games by himself (big big job for cogs) and Sidebottom and Swan are both still in the elite bracket for mine, irrespective of recent form.

Crisp has been handy and if they get Taylor Adams back they get that bull inside mid they missed last week. Our mids have, for the most part, been great this year, but this pies midfield is still in the top few in the competition. Probably hours without saying but that'll be where the game is won or lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back