Games Hattrick - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Make sure you find keepers with the specs mentioned by Rojo. When determining how much they are worth, on the right hand side of the players information, click on "transfer compare". That will give you an idea of the market rate.
I didn't mean how much of a good deal it is, i meant how much i should spend given i have a pretty bad budget b/c im new

The keeper i mentioned for you on the other page Triple E, sold for 12k last night. Absolutely ridiculous. It seems some people just haven't caught on yet.

I currently have neither, however, have tried both systems in the past.

I had the youth academy for 4 seasons and never really got a profitable youth pull as to make a significant profit the player must be as close to 17 and 0 days as possible plus have some secondaries (remember you want to cover all your $20,000 investments). I have also had the youth squad at excellent (which requires $40,000 per week for 2 seasons if you want to reach excellent) and got some reasonable pulls, however, it is expensive for a new team and is really hit and miss. If you were to use one system, for a new team I would recommend the youth academy as at $20,000 it is cheaper and gives you an opportunity to scout for what you are training in your senior team.

I use neither system as I just think of it as 20 to 40 thousand extra for wages each week. However, that's my view and I'm sure some other responses you get will think differently.

Youth academy. In the coming days i shall be pulling a solid defender, solid winger with potentially passable passing, however i think its more like inadequate. Only just turned 17.

Life begins in division IV.18 with a comfortable 2-0 home win to appease the fans. So after 1 round I find myself in 3rd place, with only one or two real challengers for the title, I'm pretty content with this league.

So how did you go Sainter, losing first up tisk tisk. :D

Meh, we can't all tank our way to easy wins. :p

I'll struggle to stay up this season to be honest.

Of my IM's, 1 has wretched form and another has poor form. At this level that's enough to kill you.

And if that doesn't kill you, the match engine will.

Today I had 49% and 50% possession and won all 3 defence sectors and 2 of the attack sectors.

If the form of IM's turn around things might be OK but it's not looking too promising.

Won my first game 7 nil against the bot team who denied me a qualifer last season... his team has obviously ticked over with the new bot players. Have another easy cup game today.

I bought a TDF. 20,30 days with solid scoring, outstanding passing and inadeq pm for $4mil. Think I may have overpaid slightly, but the closing time was at 3 am, so I just bid an extra $500K and went to sleep. Still happy and if I can get his PM to formidable/outstanding by the time he is 24, I should be able to still make some decent money off him.

Im now 2 from 2 with a 5-0 demolition away. Yet to concede a goal this season.

Got another away game next week against one of the two teams I rate in this league.

Youth academy. In the coming days i shall be pulling a solid defender, solid winger with potentially passable passing, however i think its more like inadequate. Only just turned 17.

Just sold that player for 2.4 million. Not bad. It covers the youth academy expenses for a while :D

Was hoping for maybe a few hundred thousand more, but can't be too greedy.

Probably see the player on the market in a season or two's time selling for 3 times what i just sold him for though :p :(

Just sold that player for 2.4 million. Not bad. It covers the youth academy expenses for a while :D

Was hoping for maybe a few hundred thousand more, but can't be too greedy.

Probably see the player on the market in a season or two's time selling for 3 times what i just sold him for though :p :(
On the weekend sold my best ever youth player for 4.6mil... way over the odds I thought but there was a bidding war that lasted almost an hour after the origianl deadline! Think I have spend just over 3mil on the youth squad in a year and half, made about 7mil in sales, so easily ahead. Definitely something I would recommend.

I hate getting involved in those. So i tend to just donk heaps of money on top like a big f*** you to those bidding on a player. Rarely seems to work though. They don't get out haha. Probably should've set the starting price lower. Started at 2.2 million got about 5 bids and sold for 2.45 or something.

We got our season back on track with a comfortable 4-2 win.

However I've got away games against Scheissenhausen and R00b in the next two weeks which are pretty much certain losses.

My second half of the season is much easier and I hope the form of my two out of form IM's should be better by then.

Unfortunately this season is pretty much a write-off in terms of challenging for the title but if I can cement myself in III and perhaps go on a long cup run (getting past the 7th round for the first time and getting my first home cup game since July 2008) I'll be able to take something out of the season.

Rojo - you're still a dirty tanker. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately this season is pretty much a write-off in terms of challenging for the title but if I can cement myself in III and perhaps go on a long cup run (getting past the 7th round for the first time and getting my first home cup game since July 2008) I'll be able to take something out of the season.

Rojo - you're still a dirty tanker. :p

Last season and this season I have yet to thave a home cup game, but that is nothing compared to over a year and half of no cup game, how is that even possible? I feel for ya cos it pains me just having early cup games away to Bots, such a waste!

And hey, I am the Carlton supporter around here ;)

Last season and this season I have yet to thave a home cup game, but that is nothing compared to over a year and half of no cup game, how is that even possible? I feel for ya cos it pains me just having early cup games away to Bots, such a waste!

And hey, I am the Carlton supporter around here ;)

The higher your ranking, the longer it is until you receive a home game. At my current level I'd need to make it to at least round 8 to receive a home game and my best effort is round 7. Last season I made the correct decision to PIC my 6th round game because according to HO I smashed him all over the field. And I did that, in every area but the scoreboard. :(

Oh don't worry, I'm the supporter of the team with 27 wooden spoons. ;)

In some better news, I've had a bid of $7.5 million made for my 23 year old Italian wing back. I bought him as a 17 year old for $400k so I'm happy with that. That will not only get me out of debt and help pay for my wages for the rest of the season but also moves me one step closer to my ultimate aim of having an all-Oceanian squad. I only need to sell a trainee from Venezuela and promote my ex-coach/back up striker to the hall of fame to get there.

I never even realised this, no wonder all Bot cup games are away! Thats pretty annoying, do you know why they do this? The smaller team may have more chance at home, but it also denies them more cash from playing in the smaller stadium.

I thought it was only 26 spoons :p

Yea I eventually want to get a home grown squad... how many achievement points do you get? It's just so hard to find decent Oceania players. I only buy Oceania or Italian for non-training positions... so it's sort of home-grown for me, haha.

I never even realised this, no wonder all Bot cup games are away! Thats pretty annoying, do you know why they do this? The smaller team may have more chance at home, but it also denies them more cash from playing in the smaller stadium.

I thought it was only 26 spoons :p

Yea I eventually want to get a home grown squad... how many achievement points do you get? It's just so hard to find decent Oceania players. I only buy Oceania or Italian for non-training positions... so it's sort of home-grown for me, haha.

This is from the game manual:

The highest-ranked teams are always seeded to meet the lowest-ranked teams, and the higher-ranked team always plays away (neutral ground is used in the semifinals and final though). Rankings are based on the league positions at the end of the previous season and stay the same for the duration of the cup

Because the rankings are based on the ladder positions at the end of last season, you can often be the away team and be matched up against a better opponent.

Because Rojo finished 5th in III and was relegated, he might be looking at playing an away game against a division III team later on which wouldn't be ideal.

As you can see it's not easy to get a home game. It's once you play at home that you start making good money because you get 2/3 of the crowd revenue.

I just want ONE home game at the Peter Crouch Stadium!

I don't really worry about the achievement points. I did get the achievement for playing an all home-grown team but I'm not sure if you get anything for an home-grown squad. It's more to save on wages (20% cheaper for local players) and just something that I find kind of cool that keeps your interest in the game.

26/27 - It's not nice. What I would have done for a second premiership last year. :(

I just joined this, any tips on how I should get started?

Ay good form buddy, whats your team name? Ok so basically what you should do is get yourself a new coach, probably passable coach poor leadership, decide on what type of training you want to do (most choose playmaking as the midfield is most important to win, but it doesnt really matter, got my brother started with defence, bought 10 players, play 5-3-2 counterattacking), look for 17 and 18 yr old players to fill up enough spots to rotate between friendlies and your league match and away you go. You'll probably end up sacking the majority of your first team cos they suck.

Its more important trying to establish your team rather than get short term results. Unless you only plan to play for a while, but eventually you get hooked on the stuff and have your team running for years and years. Whatever you do, don't be a n00b and train general like i did for ages when i first started and didn't know what i was doing.

Whatever you do, don't be a n00b and tank because you couldn't hack it in the higher divisions like me

:p

In all seriousness CarnTheTiges, welcome to hattrick.

The advice from RoJo is very good. You need to choose a training method, for example playmaking, and hit the transfer market to buy suitable 17/18 year old trainees that receive training each week. To get training you must play half of them in your league on the sunday and the other half in your cup/friendly game on wednesday. Depending on finances, you'll need to get yourself a coach a passable or solid coach with poor leadership to achieve this.

If you go to the Oceanian conferences, you can sign up to get yourself a mentor who will be able to help you out with all of that.

BTW, how did everybody go in the Cup today? I'm through to the 4th round with an easy 3-1 win. My next game is against a rather inactive 7th placed team in Division V but I noticed that he pulled a formidable (high) midfield in his Cup game. The rest of his team is rubbish but I'll have to play a strong team to get through because that's a stronger midfield than I can field at this point. At least he's a Victorian team so I'll get the midfield boost.

At least I can claim i was good enough and tanked my way down, whereas you're gonna get relegated on your own merits. Ooooooh yeah he went there!

I won 6-1, easy peasy. I was so tempted to buy a 17 yr old trainee just before kickoff, but went against it as one of my guys would miss out. I need to decide whether or not to go the full blooded rebuild as i have 2-3 older players taking up spots, but if I do i get the feeling that my midfield won't be good enough anymore to win the league, and the money i'll make from these 'older' players won't be equal to their performance.

My best player just turned 28 (extra terrestial PM, formidable passing, solid defending) and if he was a few years younger would easily sell for over 10 million, but now i reckon he may only fetch 6-7 million. Also have a 25 yr old mid who'd probably get me about 8-9 million. Also considering a young TDF i have can't get a playmaking slot i may get rid of him, probably fetch 3-4 million for him. Might sell them all in the coming weeks and look for gun midfielders ~20yrs old. Around the worldclass-supernatural skill level.

CTT if you need help with the game just give me a PM or post it in here. I'll help you scout players later too if you want.

At least I can claim i was good enough and tanked my way down, whereas you're gonna get relegated on your own merits. Ooooooh yeah he went there!

:p

I'll be fine. Once I get through the next two games (away to Scheissenhausen and r00b fc) things should turn around pretty quickly. I might end up in the playoffs but I'd be surprised to go down automatically. I should pull a rating of about 280 next weekend away from home and with out of form IM's. I don't think many other teams in III.6 can get around the 300 mark.

CTT, if you decide to go with playmaking training RoJo is the best person for assistance.

Not everybody can be as cool as me and train defence. ;)

I would honestly skimp on the trainees, as in buy passable primary 17 yr olds, and get a solid coach. That way your maxxing training right from the very start, which I think is important.

When I first started, I actually did the right thing by setting up training, I bought a passable coach with inadeq leadership (waste of money), but then proceeded to buy 21-22 yr old solid/excellent trainees. Kept that going for a year... hahaha such a waste. After that first batch, I got the hang of it real quick, once your hookeed, your hooked.

Got belted in the cup game, played a team similiar to mine, in Div 5 with a strong first team, weak back up. I thought as he played his first team in the league game like I did, it would be a battle of the second strings as I did not want to lose training, and from scouting the other guys team, it looked as though he would do the same... WRONG. Got pumped 6 nil from his first team! I take solace in the fact I got an extra week training into my second string youngsters :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back