Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
We seem to just be shifting our goal posts of hope after every move.

Also Essendon don't need help matching.

People need to realise, 22 only comes without one of next year's seconds.

That option will absolutely be there draft night.

Probably dependent on who's there at that pick if we want to do it. Given a supposedly stronger draft in 2023.

Good, not good, forward, wing, forward, OK, new, wing, back flank, tagger, cat.

Wingard has played his best football for us in the midfield and Moore played his best footy for us this year in the midfield.

But hey, clearly you just want to have a whinge rather than talk about our list going forward so I’ll leave you to that.

We'd lose one of next year's seconds also for bombers 22 mate.

They have the points, or can go into defecit.

No chance we keep both next years seconds and land pick 22.
Why is that. If Davey is bid on at Pick 15 which is 1112 points and we trade 41,48,50 and 52 which is 1233 points for Pick 22 which is 845 points wouldn’t Essendon be better off to match to not effect there other picks. We may also get a Future 4th back as well to match the points closer

Seems I was wrong earlier in the year when I said I’d take a third for Mitchell. It was two thirds…..

The melts when I posted that were amazing.
Two thirds...and a 21 year old first pound pick

Wingard has played his best football for us in the midfield and Moore played his best footy for us this year in the midfield.

But hey, clearly you just want to have a whinge rather than talk about our list going forward so I’ll leave you to that.
Wingard hasn’t played his best football for us, period. And isn’t likely to.

Moore was great this year. Let’s hope that continues!

(insert passive-aggressive sassy retort about being able to not love the cuts to our already shitty midfield here)

Why is that. If Davey is bid on at Pick 15 which is 1112 points and we trade 41,48,50 and 52 which is 1233 points for Pick 22 which is 845 points wouldn’t Essendon be better off to match to not effect there other picks. We may also get a Future 4th back as well to match the points closer

Doesn't work like that unfortunately mate.

The late picks are worthless really in terms of players. Especially in this draft given its considered sides will be passing in the 40s.

Essendon's goal is to get something of value for 22 ( a 2023 second) and package up all the crap picks to match Davey.

Last edited:

(insert passive-aggressive sassy retort about being able to not love the cuts to our already shitty midfield here)

To be clear I'm liking your Wingard part.

He'll be 95 and people will be still saying, "oh next year he's going to tear them apart".

Woweee.
* all meaningful picks and two fringe players for players who were 5th and 7th in the B&F.

Feels not good right now.

The way I see it they are both in their prime age and finished 5th and 7th in the 13th team on the ladder.

As harsh as it is, they weren't offering enough in the midfield and couldn't perform in other roles.

Now we can properly regenerate the midfield and play true half forwards on the half forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you just want to dwell in your negativity. Enjoy that.

To be clear I'm liking your Wingard part.

He'll be 95 and people will be still saying, "oh next year he's going to tear them apart".

Yeah true, it’s like Tom Mitchell sycophants who lose their mind if you dare mention his multiple shortcomings. The ones we are apparently making up when he was valued at the princely sum of…2 3rd round picks and a prospect player. Boy are us Tom Mitchell critics faces red!!

Doesn't work like that unfortunately mate.

The late picks are worthless really in terms of players

Essendon's goal is to get something of value for 22 ( a 2023 second) and package up all the crap picks to match Davey.
With us likely finishing bottom 3 next season if we were to trade for the * pick 22 you'd be wanting to trade the one tied to the Doggies. Who outside of us has multiple 2023 2nd rounders?

Yeah true, it’s like Tom Mitchell sycophants who lose their mind if you dare mention his multiple shortcomings. The ones we are apparently making up when he was valued at the princely sum of…2 3rd round picks and a prospect player. Boy are us Tom Mitchell critics faces red!!

Tom's won a Brownlow and three Crimmins as a Hawk. Was a brilliant recruit.

But yes, you have been correctly focusing on all things negative with Tom whilst giving Chad a Wristy and still holding out hope he will be great.

Makes sense.

My take on what our strategy was;
-we had a s**t load of cash to take a salary dump and attract quality by absorbing contracts
- offload players by paying their contracts to play at another club in the hope of luring high draft picks in exchange

Reality
Trade out players, paying large portions of their contracts for sfa in return.

Did I miss something?

I negotiate for a living and let me tell you, we are ******* woeful at it. Legit question do any of these list managers actually get any training in negotiating, because it is a legit skill that I haven’t seen out of our club for a long time.

People were selling Jaegar as a professional that would set an example for a team to build culture. What about our ******* culture?

Not gonna lie was a bit disappointed with the Mitchell trade, but after watching some of Cooper’s High lights I don’t think it’s that bad. The kid looks to have a turn of speed from the contest just needs to look at finding the best option by foot and not be to fancy with the handballs.

Think he’s going to be a vey good player for us👍🏾

Not gonna lie was a bit disappointed with the Mitchell trade, but after watching some of Cooper’s High lights I don’t think it’s that bad. The kid looks to have a turn of speed from the contest just needs to look at finding the best option by foot and not be to fancy with the handballs.

Think he’s going to be a vey good player for us👍🏾
Hoping he turn out to be what Joey Kennedy ended up being for the Swines. Young prospect starved of opportunities that goes on to be a multiple AA and premiership player.

Tom's won a Brownlow and three Crimmins as a Hawk. Was a brilliant recruit.

But yes, you have been correctly focusing on all things negative with Tom whilst giving Chad a Wristy and still holding out hope he will be great.

Makes sense.

Yeah I’m not even that big a fan of Chad - I just want him to be fit and give our midfield something. I’m unapologetically a huge fan of Hardwick - so sure hang that one on me but I’m really nowhere near ready to make myself a martyr for Wingard as you have been for Mitchell this year.

Show me some Tom Mitchell sycophants please - and Dom does not count.

He has been disrespected by far too many posters on here.

Show me some Tom Mitchell sycophants please - and Dom does not count.

He has been disrespected by far too many posters on here.

Jazz is most definitely one. Anyone raising genuine issues with Tom’s deficiencies was said to be ‘bashing’ him. He incessantly rushed to white knight for Mitchell throughout the season.

Pointing out glaring issues with his game is not disrespect - it’s reality. Or did you not see what his market value was today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back