List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanck, DGB. McCabe is a stretch as I wouldn't have penciled him in for CHB at the start of the year.

Blanck obviously done for the season and I doubt we will see Denver or Will for the first third of the season (at either AFL or VFL level).

I'm not talking about recruiting stars here. I'm just talking about depth. Injuries to Blanck, McCabe and DGB has left us thin from a tall defender perspective.

Had we acquired Tomlinson for a bag of chips last trade period at least we'd have another mature body and depth option.

As it stands, we have one of Phillips and Frost and the undersized Serong to choose from, and that's it.
Serong is 1cm shorter than Tomlinson. So we would have had Frost and two undersized defenders to choose from.

I'm not talking about recruiting stars here. I'm just talking about depth. Injuries to Blanck, McCabe and DGB has left us thin from a tall defender perspective.

Had we acquired Tomlinson for a bag of chips last trade period at least we'd have another mature body and depth option.

As it stands, we have one of Phillips and Frost and the undersized Serong to choose from, and that's it.
Tomlinson is treacle slow and undersized. He would have been depth, and if he had been required to play everyone would have complained about his output like they did with Hartigan whom we acquired equally cheaply.

I don't know if Tomlinson would be so keen to come in to be our 5th choice defender.

I don't think our list management team went into the season predicting we are going to lose three KPD to long-term injuries before the season starts.
Our decimation of KPD’s is pretty much the same thing that happened a couple of seasons ago to all our ruckman. Crazy bad luck.

Our decimation of KPD’s is pretty much the same thing that happened a couple of seasons ago to all our ruckman. Crazy bad luck.
Interestingly the total number of AFL games played by the players who are out long term (Blanck, DGB & McCabe) is a whopping 52 games.

If we can’t cover that it speaks volumes about our list weaknesses.

Interestingly the total number of AFL games played by the players who are out long term (Blanck, DGB & McCabe) is a whopping 52 games.

If we can’t cover that it speaks volumes about our list weaknesses.
Dude, it's 1x guy.

DGB is 5th in line. McCabe 6th.
Just to make things clear I'm not fretting about it. I was just pointing out in my reply to SSSSSS that it's just unlucky that we've been hit with injuries to the weakest / thinnest area of our team. Like a lot have already mentioned we’ll go as our mids do. If they can help limit the pill down there then I'm confident our backline will be fine.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he is a father son but going after Darcy and offering good coin there could be the play. Not like he is getting picked much and could fill a void at either end

Cmon for a guy his size still think talent he has worth having a crack at him
He was taken at pick #2 (and obviously a F/S).

He isn’t going anywhere and he should be a very good KPF for them for a long time - once his body let’s him get a good run at it.

Spot on. $4 mlll over 5 years and would make daddy furious.
Anything to improve our list and man Darcy will be elite but what a bonus to shaft the over rated hack too. Although then he becomes a hawk not sure I want that.
What To Do Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

What’s Sam Taylor’s contract status? He is exactly what we need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back