List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an outside mid is on the wanted list, then I hope we are going hard for Hugh McLuggage. Free agent at the end of the year so would only cost $$. Is of a great character as well. Perfect fit.
How many weeks would Sicily get if he tackled him at training?

Smith is a gun and his upside is huge, potential on field and highly marketable for hawks nest however I don't think he should be our priority.

An A grade KPD and an A grade KPF should be our targets before looking at another midfielder.

So glad we dodged the McKay & Esava bullets last year, they are both very Clarko circa 2017 pick ups...

Last edited:
Smith is a gun and his upside is huge, potential on field and highly marketable for hawks nest however I don't think he should be our priority.

An A grade KPD and an A grade KPF should be our targets before looking at another midfielder.

So glad we dodged the Mackay & Esava bullets last year, they are both very Clarko circa 2017 pick ups...
McKay would be very useful to us now, no trade capital was needed and we had the funds. It's a weird take (and wrong take IMO).
As others have posted, who are the gettable KPDs, that getting Smith would prevent us from getting (edit: that is a lot of gets)

McKay would be very useful to us now, no trade capital was needed and we had the funds. It's a weird take (and wrong take IMO).
As others have posted, who are the gettable KPDs, that getting Smith would prevent us from getting (edit: that is a lot of gets)
Granted, McKay would be useful right now but I'd rather not have him than have him and be paying$ what the Bombers are for the next 5+ years! Good news is we'll get first glimpse of him next weekend and you'll see that he has the turning circle of a boat!

So glad we dodged the McKay & Esava bullets last year, they are both very Clarko circa 2017 pick ups...
I think Esava could be a gun. Time will tell.

Even if he didn't cost trade capital, it's not a good idea to saturate the list demographic with too many "ok" players in their mid-late 20s. This is exactly the mistake we continually made with Clarko in his later years here and it set back our rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he didn't cost trade capital, it's not a good idea to saturate the list demographic with too many "ok" players in their mid-late 20s. This is exactly the mistake we continually made with Clarko in his later years here and it set back our rebuild.
The list managers at the club clearly disagreed with you.

I think Esava could be a gun. Time will tell.

A more athletic Kosi with inferior skills and game sense.

He's a good fit for Port alongside Aliir from a role playing perspective, but he wouldn't have fit us at all.

Frost and Esava together would have given the social media team endless hours of fun involving the Benny Hill music though.

I clearly read a quote from them
I read a tweet on the rookie draft night from the Herald Sun which suggested he was a replacement for Esava.

Haven’t heard or seen anything from Geelong to that effect. Jeka isn’t going to be playing regularly in their backline at AFL level.

Just a thought but the 3 x first that you guys mention wouldn't actually have to be a physical draft pick but rather some players that we already have on our list. This season will tell us a lot about players that are suffice to our needs as it seems we have a fair few quality kids that play the same positions. Having said all that there's nothing wrong with having our hat in the ring and like always you have to be in it to win it.

So DGB, Wingard and a future first? That's 3x first rounders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back