Hawks v Sydney Round 18: Grand Final Preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get past the Swans this weekend then 1st is ours to lose! It could very well end up Hawthorn and Geelong top 2 which is deserving.

Yeah, * the side that beat the Cats by over 100.

Too right. When has a interstate side ever deserved the premiership? Lions side all had retention allowance. Asterisk. Swans had COLA. Asterisk. West Coast had drugs & unfair zone access. Asterisk. Adelaide got a dodgy finals system to carry them through. Asterisk.

If it wasn't the for the AFL rigging the game we'd have no undeserved premiers and the premiers would all come from Victoria. Like it deservedly should be.

Good points.

Don't forget the 2008 & 2013 p'ships were won by the inaugural Tasmanian team backed by the Tasmanian government, where they artificially manufactured success from the carcass of yet another financially spluttering Vic club that nearly faced oblivion as a stand alone Victorian club, had the tax payer not stepped in.

Total non Victorian dominance indeed.

Short memories!

It is difficult to pick against the Swans, the game means more than a lot of scribes think it does, Freo have left the door ajar for Hawthorn to take 2nd spot and avoid an interstate first final. There is great danger this year of playing both preliminary finals out of Victoria and the Hawks will be well aware of this, the Swans will want to assert their authority down here in Melbourne and gain a psychological advantage and also keep top spot. It's a big game and if the Swans win by 10 goals it will be a huge blow to Hawthorn. I suspect they will just get over the line by about 2 goals....
All the indicators suggest the hawks are putting alot of energy into this match, you could call it season defining for us in a way. Gibson and Hill both rested so they are cherry ripe for this game. I would think the "just doing enough" way we have won games this year will not cut it Saturday night and i think they boys will respond accordingly and show why we shouldn't be written off.

Jack Gunston, Luke Breust and Isaac Smith are the danger players for the Hawks and for Sydney Josh Kennedy, Lance Franklin and Luke Parker are the dangerous players for the Swans. I can't see us stopping all of Jack, Kennedy, Parker, McVeigh and co, but if we can deny them the footy then we can certainly limit their influence to a degree. If we start poorly like in Round 8 then we will lose.

Hannebery not getting up (if true) is a big blow for me - love his work, and he is pretty important to the swans attacking game which they'll obviously need this weekend. It has the feel of a shootout to me, and I'd generally favour the hawks in high-scoring games.

But I don't dispute Sydney being favourites at $1.75, just shows how strong they are that this price isn't easing out. Hawks by a couple of goals for me but could easily go the other way. Great game, looking forward to it.

Non stop whinging. WTF has happened to Hawthorn supporters?

Isn't it funny how instead of addressing stipulated facts of the obvious Draw fix heavily weighted in the AFL Swans Franchise favour, that Swans posters have to stoop & resort to the olde 'Whingeing' tag as a means by which to avoid the patently & absurdly obvious facts.....Your club is 'tainted' & your last 2 flags have nothing whatsoever to do with merit but rather AFL Admin intervention into the competition during finals in order to 'fix' things in your favour!

Your club is on the nose & have in fact made this competition a 'laughingstock' so far as equalisation, fair-play & a level playing field are concerned.

All this nastiness from Hawk supporters.

Classic examples of fear being masked by confident arrogance.

Just a few Hawk posters that need to get over themselves!

Don't know how stipulating fixture facts can be 'construed' as 'nastiness' 'fear' or 'narcissism'.....The plain facts are that it is Swans posters who need to resort to name calling as they clearly don't like it when the truth is put out there & laid bare for all to see with regards their synthetic, AFL assisted, heavily handicapped team is concerned.

There is nothing 'clean' nor 'unassisted' about either of your last 2 Premierships & the same will also apply this year with regards this fixed fixture, of a top 4 placed team receiving a bottom 8 team's fixture in order to facilitate a guaranteed top 2 finish....Your team, on behaf of it's AFL masters, has turned this competition into a prescribed joke!
\

Hannebery not getting up (if true) is a big blow for me - love his work, and he is pretty important to the swans attacking game which they'll obviously need this weekend. It has the feel of a shootout to me, and I'd generally favour the hawks in high-scoring games.

But I don't dispute Sydney being favourites at $1.75, just shows how strong they are that this price isn't easing out. Hawks by a couple of goals for me but could easily go the other way. Great game, looking forward to it.

Kurt Tippett could be the difference again. I just can't see us stopping him at all. He's one player who continuously plays well against the Hawks. I reckon Sydney can still cope very well without Hannebery as their midfield runs deep, but Tippett is harder to replace.

It will be interesting to see if the Hawk players take the same excuse ladden approach as their supporters.

I have never heard so many conspiracy theories in my life.

All the indicators suggest the hawks are putting alot of energy into this match, you could call it season defining for us in a way. Gibson and Hill both rested so they are cherry ripe for this game. I would think the "just doing enough" way we have won games this year will not cut it Saturday night and i think they boys will respond accordingly and show why we shouldn't be written off.
Well i honestly believe the Hawks are the last hope of making the season interesting, my boys are flattered being in 2nd position currently, we are clearly not good enough to match it with the Swans, Freo are playing mind games and don't have the game plan to counter the Swans anyhow, and you can forget the rest. I just hope the Swans don't give the Hawks a bath and ruin the season...this will be close and a little rain might just make it closer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be very close and the lead will fluctuate throughout the match.

The Swans are in the same boat as the rest of the four. Our best will beat anyone but we don't play at our best for four quarters.

Used to like the swans but not as much as the AFL do now.

The shame about it all is they look good enough to win it all without the alfs
Help.... Rigged draw ... Extra money for buddy...

I think they are better than hawthorn but not by enough to make them morals to the win the flag...

Reckon these teams are close enough if they meet in the gf the difference will probably be which team kicks
14. 10. V. 10. 14

Isn't it funny how instead of addressing stipulated facts of the obvious Draw fix heavily weighted in the AFL Swans Franchise favour, that Swans posters have to stoop & resort to the olde 'Whingeing' tag as a means by which to avoid the patently & absurdly obvious facts.....Your club is 'tainted' & your last 2 flags have nothing whatsoever to do with merit but rather AFL Admin intervention into the competition during finals in order to 'fix' things in your favour!

Your club is on the nose & have in fact made this competition a 'laughingstock' so far as equalisation, fair-play & a level playing field are concerned.

Don't know how stipulating fixture facts can be 'construed' as 'nastiness' 'fear' or 'narcissism'.....The plain facts are that it is Swans posters who need to resort to name calling as they clearly don't like it when the truth is put out there & laid bare for all to see with regards their synthetic, AFL assisted, heavily handicapped team is concerned.

There is nothing 'clean' nor 'unassisted' about either of your last 2 Premierships & the same will also apply this year with regards this fixed fixture, of a top 4 placed team receiving a bottom 8 team's fixture in order to facilitate a guaranteed top 2 finish....Your team, on behaf of it's AFL masters, has turned this competition into a prescribed joke!
\

Tasmanian Hawks in denial!

Used to like the swans but not as much as the AFL do now.

The shame about it all is they look good enough to win it all without the alfs
Help.... Rigged draw ... Extra money for buddy...

I think they are better than hawthorn but not by enough to make them morals to the win the flag...

Reckon these teams are close enough if they meet in the gf the difference will probably be which team kicks
14. 10. V. 10. 14

Do you want to discuss the game on this thread or are you more concerned with showing everyone your 'green eyes'?

\

Sick of reading the posts of imbeciles especially imbeciles who don't have a memory. Did your club care about equalisation and fair play when they had a cheque book that would choke an elephant back in the 80's & 90's which coincidentally coincided with how many premierships for you ? :rolleyes: Don't bother answering because I don't suffer fools.:rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if the Hawk players take the same excuse ladden approach as their supporters.

I have never heard so many conspiracy theories in my life.

How players prepare & address their opposition has nothing to do with AFL Administered 'policies'....Yet another Red Herring on your behalf!

Not sure how stipulating & itemising facts can be construed as 'conspiracy theories'!!!!....More 'double-speak' tagging & name-calling here on behalf of Swans posters methinks, as a means by which to mask & deflect from the self-evident AFL sponsored Swans Franchise, to the detriment & cost of all other 17 teams in this so-called Equalisation friendly competition!

You remember the Concept of Equalisation surely?....That measure introduced by the AFL whereby Coll'wood, Hawthorn & West Coast are 'taxed' in order to facilitate the less-fortunate clubs in Footscray, St.Kilda, Melbourne, Norf et al!...And yet, at the same time, the Swans are handed millions extra by the AFL in salary-cap advantages, academies, Snagging 'Mercenary' players, which the AFL would otherwise have blocked in the name of equalisation, if not for its own Sydney market invested interests!

These are facts, not theories!

How players prepare & address their opposition has nothing to do with AFL Administered 'policies'....Yet another Red Herring on your behalf!

Not sure how stipulating & itemising facts can be construed as 'conspiracy theories'!!!!....More 'double-speak' tagging & name-calling here on behalf of Swans posters methinks, as a means by which to mask & deflect from the self-evident AFL sponsored Swans Franchise, to the detriment & cost of all other 17 teams in this so-called Equalisation friendly competition!

You remember the Concept of Equalisation surely?....That measure introduced by the AFL whereby Coll'wood, Hawthorn & West Coast are 'taxed' in order to facilitate the less-fortunate clubs in Footscray, St.Kilda, Melbourne, Norf et al!...And yet, at the same time, the Swans are handed millions extra by the AFL in salary-cap advantages, academies, Snagging 'Mercenary' players, which the AFL would otherwise have blocked in the name of equalisation, if not for its own Sydney market invested interests!

These are facts, not theories!
For clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood to play the victim is so childish.

Stop acting like sooks and give other clubs the same respect you ask for your own team.

Sick of reading the posts of imbeciles especially imbeciles who don't have a memory. Did your club care about equalisation and fair play when they had a cheque book that would choke an elephant back in the 80's & 90's which coincidentally coincided with how many premierships for you ? :rolleyes: Don't bother answering because I don't suffer fools.:rolleyes:

What rules prevented your club from writing large cheques in the 80's and 90's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back