Autopsy Hawks vs Pies and the tribute to Phil Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. Now that's what it's all about. My respect for Collingwood and our boys just skyrocketed (although I already had it for the hawks).

We played ugly in patches, but held it together long enough. Pies were definitely out to win. GOod to get the 4 points. We'll need to bring our A-game in the coming weeks.

Still, that moment of silence at the end - I'm still speechless.
HP1.jpg
RIP.

Score but only icing on the cake .......so proud to be a Hawk and happy to share one the the greatest moments in sports with the greatest team in the AFL (Pies) .....:thumbsu:
WELL DONE TO CLARKO AND BUCK'S !!

It's why I'm a fully fledged convert to this game. Rugby League told people to have a minutes silence and dickheads yell all through it. A second, spontaneous moment's silence occurs in this game and the crowd responds in turn - without prompting. There is more class in this sport than the entirety of the other codes.

that was an 8 point premiership pts game.....we we're beaten the whole night....by a hungry and younger team..who was well coached...and well drilled...had the pies brought their kicking boots we would have got a hiding.....when the pies were up by 9 points....i though we were a goner....then we got ahead by 4 points don't know if it was suckling or breust.....but when hilly...at the backline....kicked it to a pies player....i though here we go again.....we've let them back in the game.....it was one of those games where we needed to find that extra something to win...and we did....much RESPECT...bringon FREO.....at Aurora....

To the flogs in the media that criticise this footy club all the time, have a good long hard look at that footage tonight!
Yes Clarkson has his faults, but he epitomizes class, integrity and respect.
We are so lucky that the Chief backed in this bloke and made him our leader.
Folks, you'll be telling your Grand kids one day about how good this little bloke Clarko truly was.
You make us so proud Al, thank you!!

Cyril is a given, my favourite player of all time. Let the jizzfest begin...

But one man stood out to me-

Will Langford.

Half human, half beast.

Theres nothing about his head that looks human. 100% Beast. Unstoppable at times.

Well played you (team of) magnificent bastards. That hurt. Can't take any satisfaction out of that, but was a good game.

Yeah, you can. I reckon you guys are paying the right brand of footy, developing players, and building something. Tonight is one more step forward.

To a couple of unsung heroes...

Langford - if he doesn't play, we don't win. Was there a contested ball he didn't scrap for? A pack that he wasn't on the bottom of? Huge. Tick

Schoenmakers - he made their talls defend. He crashed packs. He presented. He just looks so much better as a forward. Big tick!

The the usual suspects(Mitch, Hodge, Burger, Lewis), thank you. Tick and first time I've seen Hodge crumble under pressure a couple of times

Cyril, that was a great game from the little maestro, so good to have him back. Absolute superstar and any club should be envious!!

A good hard fought win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoey did what was necessary. Crashed packs, chased, tackled. Excellent and desperate spoil in the third quarter denied them possession in a dangerous area. Kicked a beauty. If he can hold on to a couple of marks it would have been an A+ game. Really liking him up forward. Does all the basics right just needs a little bit more polish and we have a 40 goal a year player.

Poppy was just a nightmare for their defenders. Kept carving a way through with his power and strength. Didn't get on the end of much but did his job chasing.

Rioli = star.

Special gesture at the end, trust Clarko to find something significant in a tough time.

Apparently his word were along the lines of life is short, stick by your mates & look after your mates. That's Clarko's way.

Another game won by the more efficient team. Kudos to the Pies, they are building a nice squad and playing good football.

Thought Schoey and Suckers contributed well when called upon. Worrying signs from Gibbo. Just doesn't seem to have the hunger anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired at seasons end.

Lewis back to his best.

Message to Mark Evans, please do something about that f&%king cheating maggot Rosebury.

RIP Phil Walsh

Clarkson is full of class.

The guy thinks. And he cares.

Kudos to Bucks too.

We are beyond lucky and privileged to have him at the helm of our team. I hope he never leaves - honestly. Once he's done with coaching then he needs to be in another role at the club. He defines what we are about as a modern club. Aggressive but intelligent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back