Hawthorn - four peat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming from the bloke who had Sydney flogging Hawks by 60+ in 2014? Wouldn't take your advice..!Lol you were on fire leading up to that GF mate a bit like the cats fans this week, except 10x worse.
First of all, I never made a prediction for the 2014 GF, I only said that Sydney were the stronger team; you're literally pulling this s**t out of your ass. Second, It was all lighthearted banter that was not supposed to be taken seriously. Third, You've quoted me this year 20 times in every post you could find with this exact same sentiment. Stop it, It's kind of pathetic that you remember something from 2 years ago and have built it up in your head to be this big thing when it was nothing to begin with. I can't even remember anything posted 1 week ago, let alone who posted it.
This is just getting sad now. I can't even imagine what you would be like in real life. Get a hobby or something. Seriously, seek help.

That's because Hawthorn used to be a great side and GWS used to be a s**t side. Now, Hawthorn are nowhere near as great and GWS are the better team. Statistics don't mean s**t. You're the Geelong of 2014; barely making it into the top 4 by winning a quarter of your matches by under a goal and then exiting the finals in straight sets.

WILL LOL so much if GWS smashes Sydney and they then get knocked out in the Semi Final :D :p after this post!!

First of all, I never made a prediction for the 2014 GF, I only said that Sydney were the stronger team; you're literally pulling this s**t out of your ass. Second, It was all lighthearted banter that was not supposed to be taken seriously. Third, You've quoted me this year 20 times in every post you could find with this exact same sentiment. Stop it, It's kind of pathetic that you remember something from 2 years ago and have built it up in your head to be this big thing when it was nothing to begin with. I can't even remember anything posted 1 week ago, let alone who posted it.
This is just getting sad now. I can't even imagine what you would be like in real life. Get a hobby or something. Seriously, seek help.
I quote you because it's like that joke that just get better each time you tell it, and you rage everytime which makes it all the more sweeter!

I quote you because it's like that joke that just get better each time you tell it, and you rage everytime which makes it all the more sweeter!
it's the second time of the 20+ that I've bothered replying. Try again
And don't expect a response, you're going on ignore.

Last edited:
And did you take out Brisbanes premierships as the thread was about ground dimensions. The GABBA is virtually the same as the MCG. Did you also account for the fact that the thread was not about Non Victorian sides v Victorian sides but about MCG tenants v non MCG tenants. So adjust your table for Geelong.

Geelong have played 2 finals in Geelong since 1897. 1897 :eek: They have played over 95% of their home finals at the MCG. Carlton have been docklands tennents for about 5-10 years and that will end soon enough. Hawthorn have been MCG tennents for maybe 15 years and I could argue they are York Park tennents. South Melbourne chose to move to Sydney.

If you are the best team you win. I challenge you to give me one example where the MCG was the reason a team lost a grand final.

One example

Geelong have played 2 finals in Geelong since 1897. 1897 :eek: They have played over 95% of their home finals at the MCG. Carlton have been docklands tennents for about 5-10 years and that will end soon enough. Hawthorn have been MCG tennents for maybe 15 years and I could argue they are York Park tennents. South Melbourne chose to move to Sydney.

If you are the best team you win. I challenge you to give me one example where the MCG was the reason a team lost a grand final.

One example

Your quote that I highlighted pointed to you quoting the thread in regards to MCG dimensions changes for highest ranked side. I pointed to the fact the thread was not about anything but changing dimensions for GF. Not about should the GF be moved from the MCG, not anything but changing the dimensions for GF. Not about anything but that. You took it off track. Be my guest go read through it. I asked in a thread this morning what ground do Geelong supporters class as their home ground and the reply KP, not KP & the MCG. Just KP, their words not mine. So they have to play home games for finals at the MCG but they do not class it as a home ground. You are quite entitled to ask Geelongs supporters on here yourself.

Geelong v Hawthorn 2008 - Geelong were unstoppable at KP
North v Sydney 96 - would have been played a lot different on a smaller ground, Sydney thrashed NM earlier in the year at the very small PP. touch n go either way.
Syd v WCE - at a subi sized ground I don't think Sydney would have stopped that midfields run and carry.
They are my view but others will disagree.

In regards to YP if you say it's classed as hawthorns home ground I'll take then that it is. So the Hawks would have every right to have YP dimensions.
In regards to Carlton please show me a source that highlights they are going to move when the contract ends. But I don't know why you said this as it means nothing to what we are talking about.

You have looked at the emblem and you have immediately thought in your head that I'm here to denigrate hawthorns premierships over the last 3 years. I'm not, they are a ripping side. You need to realise as others have found out I have hardly watched AFL over the last year n a half. My Australian Rules football interest is in my local footy side. Go read some of my posts you will see for yourself.

Anyway good luck for the hawthorn game n I hope you enjoy it.

As opposed to non-Victorian sides playing Victorian side in Melbourne during home and away. Give me a break, it works both ways. Same bias occurs.
Granted, I was only responding to a post claiming that there was an unfair advantage of playing the gf at the G undermining the Hawks recent success. As I said there is no crowd advantage on the day but there is the MCG dimensions! Well these dimensions have not changed for 150 years so go grab a tape measure and plan accordingly.

One example

Have we played 2 there? Hopefully the other one went better than the freo game. Embarrassing to have played for over 100 years and still not have a win at your home ground.

Your quote that I highlighted pointed to you quoting the thread in regards to MCG dimensions changes for highest ranked side. I pointed to the fact the thread was not about anything but changing dimensions for GF. Not about should the GF be moved from the MCG, not anything but changing the dimensions for GF. Not about anything but that. You took it off track. Be my guest go read through it. I asked in a thread this morning what ground do Geelong supporters class as their home ground and the reply KP, not KP & the MCG. Just KP, their words not mine. So they have to play home games for finals at the MCG but they do not class it as a home ground. You are quite entitled to ask Geelongs supporters on here yourself.

Geelong v Hawthorn 2008 - Geelong were unstoppable at KP
North v Sydney 96 - would have been played a lot different on a smaller ground, Sydney thrashed NM earlier in the year at the very small PP. touch n go either way.
Syd v WCE - at a subi sized ground I don't think Sydney would have stopped that midfields run and carry.
They are my view but others will disagree.

In regards to YP if you say it's classed as hawthorns home ground I'll take then that it is. So the Hawks would have every right to have YP dimensions.
In regards to Carlton please show me a source that highlights they are going to move when the contract ends. But I don't know why you said this as it means nothing to what we are talking about.

You have looked at the emblem and you have immediately thought in your head that I'm here to denigrate hawthorns premierships over the last 3 years. I'm not, they are a ripping side. You need to realise as others have found out I have hardly watched AFL over the last year n a half. My Australian Rules football interest is in my local footy side. Go read some of my posts you will see for yourself.

Anyway good luck for the hawthorn game n I hope you enjoy it.

One example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, do you actually know what 'literally' means?

How do you replicate Subiaco when the MCG is not long enough o_O

You asked to name a GF that could have a different result if not at the MCG. I gave you 3. All 3 are the highest ranked side in that particular GF. Now if you want an answer to how people proposed each different dimension for a GF you need to read the thread about changing the MCG dimensions for GF day.

I get banned from the main board for reporting posts, but you can call someone a bitch and.. nothing. Site going down the drain.
Give it a report might get lucky this time... At this point it's all sooking and trolling on this forum anyhow gone are the days of footy talk :/

First of all, I never made a prediction for the 2014 GF, I only said that Sydney were the stronger team; you're literally pulling this s**t out of your ass.

Here is what you had to say about the 2014 GF

if Hawthorn win the 2014 premiership, then i will suck my own dick

I guess you could say that was more predilection than prediction, but you sounded pretty sure. Sadly you deleted the post, but you can still see it quoted for those that care to search.

Geelong v Hawthorn 2008 - Geelong were unstoppable at KP.

You are looking at a hyperthetical. Who says Hawks wouldn't have smashed Geelong at Kardinia park that here.

Here is a fact, in 2013/2012 Geelong had won 14 straight games at Kardinai and LOST a final to Freo there.... So your "they were unstoppable" theory ... Well it's proven by fact in a similar scenario (cats hadn't lost there in 14 games) they are stopable

Granted, I was only responding to a post claiming that there was an unfair advantage of playing the gf at the G undermining the Hawks recent success. As I said there is no crowd advantage on the day but there is the MCG dimensions! Well these dimensions have not changed for 150 years so go grab a tape measure and plan accordingly.

Don't have a problem with playing at G on gf day. Woukd make it that much sweeter if we defeat a Melbourne based side at the G!

You are looking at a hyperthetical. Who says Hawks wouldn't have smashed Geelong at Kardinia park that here.

Here is a fact, in 2013/2012 Geelong had won 14 straight games at Kardinai and LOST a final to Freo there.... So your "they were unstoppable" theory ... Well it's proven by fact in a similar scenario (cats hadn't lost there in 14 games) they are stopable

And here's a fact I wrote 2008. Not 2012 & not 2013.

Good luck for tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back