Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre ratings there
Collingwood pick up Jesse White and lose Daisy, yet given a B+

We pick up 2 kinds of players we desperately need, as well as a ready made midfield replacement and keep 3 picks inside top 20 and get a C+

Hell, Hawthorn got a B for losing Buddy, Savage and Ellis and picking up McEvoy!

How does Sydney get an A+ for gaining Franklin and losing Mumford and White?

The Hawks lose Franklin and give us their comp pick and they somehow rate better than us!!!

Got good compo for Thomas, and hardly anyone understood why West Coast did the pick swap (yet they got the same rating as us!!!).

Geelong get a B for doing nothing other than trading out players for picks they've said they won't use. WTF!

The Daily Filth bags Vince in Adelaide's rating, and says Sylvia could star for Freo, but then gives Melbourne a better rating than us - even though they gave up pick 2. Just pulling the ratings out of their arse.

Fremantle get an A- and they earned that by bringing in Sylvia and Gumbleton and trading out Michie

Geelong get a B and they brought in no one, got rid of four senior players and have draft picks 16, 36, 41

I hope The Age does the same thing and someone who has a football brain does a decent review. The Herald Sun one is laughable.

Even going by feedback by opposition supporters on BF they can see that Pelchen pulled off a sensational trade period.

Their review is worse than Brisbane's trade period.

Amazing!
Opposition posters are bothering to come to our patch and tell us we killed the FA/Trade period and that is the review the Hun comes up with. Seriously jaded view of our club.
Journalists,,,,,,,straight down the line facts........NOT:mad:

And if Essendon weren't the injecting cheats they are and pulled off what the Saints had achieved, what would the review be then?

Not sure if posters already but Sam Edmund are you joking?

ST KILDA

In: Shane Savage, Luke Delaney, Billy Longer, Josh Bruce

Out: Ben McEvoy, Nick Dal Santo

Draft picks: 3, 18, 19, 95

Verdict: McEvoy is 24 and at the peak of his powers, but was taken down to Cash Converters. However, if Longer is as good as they say he’ll be peaking at the right time for this club, which lost Dal Santo for compensation pick 25. Three top-20 draft picks is nice enough, but how good is this draft?

C+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bizarre ratings there

We pick up 2 kinds of players we desperately need, as well as a ready made midfield replacement and keep 3 picks inside top 20 and get a C+

Hell, Hawthorn got a B for losing Buddy, Savage and Ellis and picking up McEvoy!
I'm probably on my own here but i don't rate what Collingwood did as highly as others.

White is still a crab, only hype around him after an OK second half of the year, Karnezis been nothing but NEAFL player at the Lions hasn't shown a great deal despite me earlier in trade week saying i'd like him at the Saints, they had to lose Daisy & Shaw for Pick 11 and Adams. Did well getting Adams though!

ST KILDA

Verdict: McEvoy is 24 and at the peak of his powers, but was taken down to Cash Converters. However, if Longer is as good as they say he’ll be peaking at the right time for this club, which lost Dal Santo for compensation pick 25. Three top-20 draft picks is nice enough, but how good is this draft?

C+

gave gws an a+ for sucking up more draft picks too. he is the second biggest flog behind jon ralph at flog hq.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White is still a crab, only hype around him after an OK second half of the year, Karnezis been nothing but NEAFL player

But they didn't give up anything of note for White, who it seems they rate more likely than Paine (who didn't play AFL in 2013, and only kicked 17 goals in 10 VFL games - 5 of them against Bendigo's kids). That is a wash at worst.

But they didn't give up anything of note for White, who it seems they rate more likely than Paine (who didn't play AFL in 2013, and only kicked 17 goals in 10 VFL games - 5 of them against Bendigo's kids). That is a wash at worst.
Good points.... I just hate they got Adams!! lol

ST KILDA

C+

He just called Mac one of the leagues best ruckman, give me a break

LOL - so we're responsible for the draft being what it is?

ST KILDA

C+

He just called Mac one of the leagues best ruckman, give me a break

Don't know why you guys even bother reading the HUN. It clearly just tells their core readers whatever they want to hear and should probably be reclassified as a magazine. Their journalistic integrity is wholly absent. The referenced article just makes them look stupid.

ST KILDA

C+

What a joke Sam Edmund.He gave us the worst score after Brisbane's F...what a tool. :thumbsdown: We deserve at least a B+ after an awesome trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back