Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

On the criminal Eddie issue, he just made a mistake and then like Eddie usually does, he won't admit he was wrong and dug the whole bigger for himself.

Eddie was just pissed off someone was sledging Krakouer over something he did.

On the criminal Eddie issue, he just made a mistake and then like Eddie usually does, he won't admit he was wrong and dug the whole bigger for himself.

Eddie was just pissed off someone was sledging Krakouer over something he did.

I think Baldur's point has some merit (McGuire drew a bridge that no-one else saw). Although who knows, given his rapid transition to Mr Hyde (who coincidentally is also an Edward) with any negative impacts on the filth.

Eddie goes hard. It's one of his most useful traits, but it means that when he makes a blue (except for King Kong), he usually makes it bigger by not admitting it was a mistake and backing himself in.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...-week-suspension/story-fnii08h4-1226669662544

Lost amid the focus on pinching and bumping was a shocking look for the AFL this week.

An unsuspecting player was king-hit and the perpetrator copped only a two games penalty.

That left hand punch by St Kilda's Tom Simpkin to Melbourne forward Chris Dawes' jaw would have caused consternation among the AFL's image police in their Docklands offices.

So those same guardians of the game would have been dismayed when the AFL match review panel graded Simpkin's cheap shot as low impact.

Sure, the Melbourne medical report would say that Dawes didn't require treatment and played out the game.

What the video evidence and doc's assessment doesn't take into account was the propensity to cause serious injury when delivered with sufficient force to knock a 105 kgs player off his feet.

Whoever wrote that mustn't be able to look themselves in the mirror. Sell-out for paper sales of the highest order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to worry, that alarmist tripe was buried in a corner of the paper and wouldn't have been read by many.

Inside back page on the rag I saw under "Time to knuckle down on hits". Right under the other tribunal news of Ryan "Crabs" Crowley.

Forgot to mention the delight of the Daily Filth last week in running a huge headline:

"Five touches for Hayes"

(before reverting to how well the Collingwood players were going)

And now The Age has its own pay wall! Thank God for Bigfooty and other free forums. Now I will not be able to read The Age's sponsored real estate section - what a shame...

Forgot to mention the delight of the Daily Filth last week in running a huge headline:

"Five touches for Hayes"

(before reverting to how well the Collingwood players were going)

Is that the "report" on Zebs game? Funny story that, they werent at the game. They called up someone from Zebs and asked them how Lenny went and who standout Saints listed players were! Most lazy journalism ive ever heard of!

A typically pathetic piece of journalism - almost providing a template for morons to use - and on page 3, next to "The sext big thing" as the only other article on the page (about young people getting sexually explicit messages)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...s-footy-comeback/story-fndv7pj3-1226679028195

The return of Stephen Milne, three weeks after he was charged with rape, has been met with a chorus of condemnation by opposition supporters.

Changes were made to the teams' prematch warm-up with Saints players instructed to huddle in front of their own fans and avoid opposition supporters.

But it did not stop a Carlton fan shouting: "Get f----- rapist" before the ball had even been bounced.

And at the 26th minute mark of the first quarter a chant of "Milney's a rapist" rang out.

The apparent ringleader of the chant, wearing a Carlton cheer squad jacket, was seized by security and spoken to at length. He was threatened with eviction but allowed back to his seat after pleading his case.

Minutes later another Carlton supporter shouted: "Who do you have to rape to get a free kick?"

(Milne) was the only player to keep his track top on for the duration of match build-up, keeping his No. 44 hidden from the crowd.

A typically pathetic piece of journalism - almost providing a template for morons to use - and on page 3, next to "The sext big thing" as the only other article on the page (about young people getting sexually explicit messages)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...s-footy-comeback/story-fndv7pj3-1226679028195

The return of Stephen Milne, three weeks after he was charged with rape, has been met with a chorus of condemnation by opposition supporters.

Changes were made to the teams' prematch warm-up with Saints players instructed to huddle in front of their own fans and avoid opposition supporters.

But it did not stop a Carlton fan shouting: "Get f----- rapist" before the ball had even been bounced.

And at the 26th minute mark of the first quarter a chant of "Milney's a rapist" rang out.

The apparent ringleader of the chant, wearing a Carlton cheer squad jacket, was seized by security and spoken to at length. He was threatened with eviction but allowed back to his seat after pleading his case.

Minutes later another Carlton supporter shouted: "Who do you have to rape to get a free kick?"

(Milne) was the only player to keep his track top on for the duration of match build-up, keeping his No. 44 hidden from the crowd.
Typical, all bark, no bite. Reverse the roles and it'd be all bite, no bark.

I have decided not to get upset at the idiots at the game the camera focuses on. I don't ever cross paths with these people in normal life. I assume they are all under some metaphorical rock somewhere screaming at old episodes of Jerry Springer...

The Age:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...the-players-20130723-2qfwl.html#ixzz2Zq7CTj1U

I've never entertained the idea of leaving the Saints.

I love the club, but more than that, I love the people involved in the club, especially the boys.

I am passionate about giving back to the game and the club that has given me so much, and believe I have more to contribute.

Daily Filth:
Would St Kilda accept Essendon's second-round pick, with a swap of their picks - 17 and 21 - getting them a second top-20 selection?
It might leave St Kilda dangerously exposed for midfield depth, but the minute that deal was done Watters could present Lenny Hayes with his own two-year deal. (??????????????)
Having made the leap of faith by letting Brendon Goddard go, it's time for St Kilda to allow Nick Dal Santo to follow him to the same club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back