Roast Herald Sun | Paywall starts here

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's any consolation, I haven't paid for the rag in over 15 years (probably more). At least Scott Palmer was subtle about pumping up the filth back then (I was too naive to work out what was going on).

If it's any consolation, I haven't paid for the rag in over 15 years (probably more). At least Scott Palmer was subtle about pumping up the filth back then (I was too naive to work out what was going on).
Well squizz i'm 43 & if you want to learn important info & be provided with a "balanced" perspective, you won't find it in any of Murdoch's paper's..(And i'm not a leftie)

I do miss Palmer's punchlines though..

Well squizz i'm 43 & if you want to learn important info & be provided with a "balanced" perspective, you won't find it in any of Murdoch's paper's..(And i'm not a leftie)

Geez you're an old bastard aren't you?

If you watched "Whitlam" it tells a real tale about the man - and I don't mean Whitlam.

He has been shameless - not just getting people to write more biased "opinion pieces" than you'd read in an internet blog - and god knows why the British Parliament would ever have thought they'd get anything resembling the truth out of him.

(I'm not 43 for a few months yet :cool:)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ait-at-your-club/story-fni5f9q3-1226683938115
Would St Kilda accept Essendon's second-round pick, with a swap of their picks - 17 and 21 - getting them a second top-20 selection?

It might leave St Kilda dangerously exposed for midfield depth, but the minute that deal was done Watters could present Lenny Hayes with his own two-year deal.
Having made the leap of faith by letting Brendon Goddard go, it's time for St Kilda to allow Nick Dal Santo to follow him to the same club.

Follow up blog with Jon Vomit below.

Post: I don't want Dal to go.....but if we come out on top with a deal to trade him....then I'd be tempted, at least to see him have a shot at a flag

KB this morning on SEN was saying I was being negative in trying to trade Dal. It's a positive move for him. He might get his flag, he probably gets longevity at a club like Essendon rather than being ground into the dirt by playing in bad sides, and St Kilda would get at least a second round pick and maybe more

Post: where do you think buddy, riewoldt, dal santo will go?

Think Dal will go to a club like Essendon in the end

Post: Essendon - wouldn't you think they look at Adams (GWS) rather than Del Santo who has 2 years of footy left?

My point on Dal is you can get him fairly cheaply.

Post: GWS don't want a green ruck, they want someone like McEvoy

I asked someone about McEvoy given they also have Hickey, but St Kilda love him.
I would trade McEvoy and Gilbert for Boyd. Not sure St Kilda fans would agree.

Post: No idea why you think the Saints would accept a second round pick (essentially) for a 250 game player who wants to stay and help the rebuild. And that he's the only player with currency. Steven. Armitage. Gilbert. Stanley. McEvoy. Geary. Roberton. etc.

Dal is 29. That is why they would only get a second pick for him. (THE QUESTION WAS WHY WE'D ACCEPT IT, NOT WHAT WOULD BE OFFERED)
The rest you wouldn't trade cos they are needed for the resurgence for when they play finals in three plus years (SO WE DO HAVE CURRENCY THEN???)

Post: did you even read dals article about wanting to stay in the age???

Did you read Dal's article? It didn't say he wanted to stay. It said he wanted to be loyal, but he was aware of free agency and he didn't really know what would happen. (THE HEADLINE FOR DAL'S ARTICLE IS "WHY I"M DESPERATE TO STAY A SAINT", AND HE WAS CLEARLY EXPRESSING CONCERN ABOUT BEING TRADED RATHER THAN ABOUT BEING OPEN TO LEAVING!!!).

Post: dont know why the media hate saints so much and want us to get rid of all our good players

WE DON'T HATE YOU. We want you to get better quickly and you will actually get worse next year before you get better, so you need high picks who can be at your club for the next 15 years (ESSENDON'S SECOND ROUND PICK IS NOT A HIGH PICK)

Post: no you want the club to get as bad as melbourne so you can laugh at us and write more negative articles. we can never please you media types.

Post: "you need high picks who can be at your club for the next 15 years" yeah and trading Dal for a 2nd pick? oh yes definitely, essendons second rounder will totally be a star. You dont even know what you're on about.

OK, welcome to six or eight years of mediocrity. Just wait until all your good players retire. And then good luck playing v Gold Coast and GWS. Don't do anything. That would be great (NOW WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO YOUR REAL THOUGHTS)

Post: Have a feeling Pelchan and the recruiting staff at St Kilda will pull the trigger on quite a few trades this offseason, we will get younger and have some great prospects come into the system.

All the Saints fans out there who think Pelchen will sit on his hands and do not much in the trade period are kidding themselves. He has shown in his history to be very proactive and adventurous.

Post: dont cry i didnt mean to make you sad. please calm down and stop crying

Personally, I think Jon Vomit should go F&*$ himself.... Why the f*#$ is every player out there being told they should 'go to Essendon'? Why the f&^% would they want to go to Essendon to start with when there is every chance they wont be playing for 2 years once the ACC & WADA/ASADA are through with them! :mad:

Here an idea dickhead... Write an article on why Jake Carlile, Patty Ryder or Michael Hurley would be better off seeking a trade so they don't waste their 'prime' playing in a team that wont be playing for premiership points until 2016... :thumbsu:

With all this off-field s**t going on at Essendon, I bet even BJ is like 'please don't let this move backfire on me'

Personally, I think Jon Vomit should go F&*$ himself.... Why the f*#$ is every player out there being told they should 'go to Essendon'? Why the f&^% would they want to go to Essendon to start with when there is every chance they wont be playing for 2 years once the ACC & WADA/ASADA are through with them! :mad:

Here an idea dickhead... Write an article on why Jake Carlile, Patty Ryder or Michael Hurley would be better off seeking a trade so they don't waste their 'prime' playing in a team that wont be playing for premiership points until 2016... :thumbsu:

With all this off-field s**t going on at Essendon, I bet even BJ is like 'please don't let this move backfire on me'

Cant you read. Other clubs want DalSanto because he's really really cheap, and we'll trade him because the pick we get in return is a guaranteed star and its a deal too good to refuse.

( FWIW I consider that DalSanto can play a lot more footy if his role changes. - Can anyone remember his last injury , ditto Joey. )

Other clubs want DalSanto because he's really really cheap, and we'll trade him because the pick we get in return is a guaranteed star and its a deal too good to refuse.

That was super-weird.

Somebody did raise that Essendon won't have any picks to trade (once the investigation is complete). Vomit was like "oh yeah ... I thought of that but ran out of room :rolleyes: ... they can trade some players (to get the picks)."

But even if they did keep their picks, their second round pick would be around 35? (noting prior year compensation picks activated and this year's FA).

I'm not shitting myself with excitement to flick a 250 game player who wants to stay (for that).

re. trading Gilbert and McEvoy for Boyd... That would result in me not buying a membership next season. Honestly. We've seen so many 'once in a lifetime prospects' come through the draft and fail to deliver, yet were going to trade a leader of the club and future captain for potential? Get stuffed. I don't mind trading players if they want to have a crack at a flag before retiring, but a good player entering his prime? Nah

Anyway I reckon we're a sneaky chance of getting Boyd if things stay the same draft order wise and GWS don't get a trade.
GWS: Patton, Cameron, Buddy.
Melbourne: Clarke, Dawes, Hogan, Watts, Howe.

That's a lot of money and talent invested in the forward line already. Melbourne in particular need to address other areas.

And I reckon Dal would rather be "ground into the dirt in a bad side" rather than be injected with god knows what by dodgy sports scientists!

WE DON'T HATE YOU. We want you to get better quickly and you will actually get worse next year before you get better

Yeah, you don't actually know that.

Also, just reading the article now, he says the following after mentioning the success of Nick Lower and Robbo...

But Rossy Lyon holds onto quality players and hones their talent - the resurgence of Garrock Ibbotson a case in point.

I can think of a few quality players that were pushed out thanks to Lyon's work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is so little need for AFL journalists with forums like Big Footy. Seriously, what is the point of the majority of them ranting about players they know so little about? With the exception of what Caro is doing right now, which is more of an administration accountability issue, and the off interesting strategic development of the game article, they are pretty much all useless.

Still doesn't get it. It's everyone else's fault. The hypocrite keep saying he'll cop it ... when is he going to start?

"I was tired."

"I was thinking the opposite of what skipped out."

"I'll cop that blemish on my impeccable record." (is he that arrogant that he dismisses the other issues?)

"It was a one off." Mark Robinson at least had the balls to step in at that point and challenge the hypocrite about the falafel comment. "That was a joke" says McGuire. Oh, OK then!

He then went on to say that he will apologise to any indigneous footballers ... any ... pause ... non-white footballers ... and then realised he was digging an even bigger hole.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has compared the "absolute injustice" he felt in the wash-up of his racial vilification of Adam Goodes to the plight of indigenous Australians

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ans--plight-20130811-2rppn.html#ixzz2bdduBC2Q

Also interesting to see that the "borderline racist" comments made by a Saints fan in 2011 have been retrospectively upgraded to racial abuse.

"After I stood up for Krakouer that time (in 2011 when the Collingwood player was racially abused during a game) ... I received a phone call from Adam Goodes saying 'thank you for doing that'.

"The absolute injustice I felt the moment of being done over by the media was an insight into the life of Adam Goodes and Aboriginals in Australia on a daily basis."

"For the rest of my life I'll have people thinking 'there's that bogan, idiot, imbecile president of Collingwood'. OK, I'll cop that."

Whilst on matters of the filth :

"A violent serial sex attacker raped a woman just months after being freed from prison on a government supervision order, the Sunday Herald Sun can exclusively reveal. Authorities said Gary John Barker, who changed his surname to Collingwood after his beloved football team, had an "abysmally poor" chance at rehabilitation and was a "serious high-risk" of reoffending."

From the Sunday Daily Filth:

Room for some madness

"Don't write off Mad Monday yet ... Demetriou has made it known he believes the day of celebration is a thing of the past ... the AFLPA is disappointed with the St Kilda controversy after Clinton Jones was set alight. But it believes players should still be allowed to let down their hair ... On the Saints saga, there is no doubt players believed the hole burnt in Jones' costume was dramatically bigger by the time he appeared on A Current Affair."

From the Sunday Daily Filth:

Room for some madness

"Don't write off Mad Monday yet ... Demetriou has made it known he believes the day of celebration is a thing of the past ... the AFLPA is disappointed with the St Kilda controversy after Clinton Jones was set alight. But it believes players should still be allowed to let down their hair ... On the Saints saga, there is no doubt players believed the hole burnt in Jones' costume was dramatically bigger by the time he appeared on A Current Affair."

I didn't realise that Jonesy had become a buddhist monk and was now getting around in orange clothes ;):p

Yes, let's not lose sight of the fact he is the real victim here.

You racist bastard.
( you are obviously racist because you are being sarcastic towards Eddie, and everyone knows he is a champion of the indigenous, so in criticizing him or even being sarcaaastic you are clearly being racist ).

w@nkers

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...every-club-rated/story-fn69a32t-1226746839549
AFL trade month report card - every club rated

ADELAIDE
In: Eddie Betts, James Podsiadly Out: Bernie Vince Draft picks: 23, 46, 82, 100
B+

BRISBANE LIONS
In: Jackson Paine, Trent West Out: Billy Longer, Sam Docherty, Elliot Yeo, Jared Polec, Patrick Karnezis Draft picks: 7, 22, 25, 28, 33, 34, 63, 81
F

CARLTON
In: Dale Thomas, Sam Docherty, Andrejs Everitt Out: Eddie Betts, Shaun Hampson Draft picks: 13, 39, 51, 69, 87, 105, 123
B

COLLINGWOOD
In: Jesse White, Taylor Adams, Patrick Karnezis Out: Heath Shaw, Dale Thomas Draft picks: 6, 10, 67
B+

ESSENDON
In: Paul Chapman, Kurt Aylett, Shaun Edwards Out: Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton Draft picks: 26, 55, 66, 102
C

FREMANTLE
In: Colin Sylvia, Scott Gumbleton Out: Viv Michie Draft picks: 17, 37, 58, 73, 91
A-

GEELONG
In: None Out: Paul Chapman, James Podsiadly, Josh Hunt, Trent West Draft picks:16, 36, 41, 54, 64, 72, 84
B

GOLD COAST
In: None Out: None Draft picks: 5, 20, 27, 61, 79
No rating

GWS
In: Shane Mumford, Heath Shaw, Josh Hunt Out: Dom Tyson, Taylor Adams, Kurt Aylett, Shaun Edwards, Josh Bruce, Sam Darley Draft picks: 1, 2, 14, 29, 48, 76, 78
A+

HAWTHORN
In: Ben McEvoy Out: Lance Franklin, Shane Savage, Xavier Ellis Draft picks: 24, 38, 56, 59, 74
B

MELBOURNE
In: Bernie Vince, Dom Tyson, Viv Michie Out: Colin Sylvia Draft picks: 9, 40, 57, 94
B-

NORTH MELBOURNE
In: Nick Dal Santo Out: Luke Delaney Draft picks: 8, 30, 47, 65, 77
A-

PORT ADELAIDE
In: Jared Polec, Matt White Out: None Draft picks: 21, 45, 52, 70
B

RICHMOND
In: Shaun Hampson Out: Matt White Draft picks: 12, 50, 68, 86
B-

ST KILDA
In: Shane Savage, Luke Delaney, Billy Longer, Josh Bruce Out: Ben McEvoy, Nick Dal Santo Draft picks: 3, 18, 19, 95
Verdict: McEvoy is 24 and at the peak of his powers, but was taken down to Cash Converters. However, if Longer is as good as they say he’ll be peaking at the right time for this club, which lost Dal Santo for compensation pick 25. Three top-20 draft picks is nice enough, but how good is this draft?
C+

SYDNEY
In: Lance Franklin Out: Shane Mumford, Jesse White, Andrejs Everitt Draft picks: 15, 32, 44, 53, 71
A+

WEST COAST
In: Xavier Ellis, Elliot Yeo Out: None Draft picks: 11, 31, 43, 49, 62
C+

WESTERN BULLDOGS
In: Stewart Crameri, Sam Darley Out: None Draft picks: 4, 42, 60, 96
B

Not sure how they came up with their ratings for this??

How does Sydney get an A+ for gaining Franklin and losing Mumford and White?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back