How do we beat our bogey side.

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot easier to do that at the SCG than the MCG.

It will be a completely different game to the Syd/Hawks game.

Why? Because you think the Swans can't hold down a team on the MCG? Where've you been the last few seasons?

You're just lucky you never have to play us on our REAL home ground.

I would love to see the Swans play Collingwood at the SCG as Sydney's chance of winning would double. Unfortunately it wont happen unless the SCG gets a upgrade so it can seat atleast 40,000 people. So far this season the Swans have only lost 1 match at the SCG and even that was only by 1 point.

I would love to see the Swans play Collingwood at the SCG as Sydney's chance of winning would double. Unfortunately it wont happen unless the SCG gets a upgrade so it can seat atleast 40,000 people. So far this season the Swans have only lost 1 match at the SCG and even that was only by 1 point.

i don't like us at the scg, i don't like the dimensions of the ground, even though it IS good to watch footy AT the ground....but i'd prefer telstra stadium to be our permanent home ground, i just like watching footy there
as for the pies at the mcg, it holds no fears, our record's good there, specially in september....
and i think them beating us twice this year is now a good thing for us, it's two examples of how we CANNOT play this weekend...we can't afford a slow start, we can't afford to be so slack at stoppages again, we can't afford to show such a lack of respect to their midfield and our ruckmen have to be more accountable around the ground
but i believe this is a very winnable game, i don't feel like the pies "own" us, i think we've beaten oursleves in the games against them this year, more than them being a better team...i'm sure pies fans will find that illogical, but just bring on saturday night

Tadhg was at our aftermatch on Sunday and did indeed say he had been for a run and felt good. Roosie was next out and said he thought Tadhg was a very good chance to play the next week. :thumbsu:

hall apparently is still not much better than 50-50, hammy still bothering him....it might not be a bad thing if he misses....going on sunday's efforts by ROK, davo and micky o

hall apparently is still not much better than 50-50, hammy still bothering him....it might not be a bad thing if he misses....going on sunday's efforts by ROK, davo and micky o

I agree that at the moment the team is better off without Hall.

If someone tried to say that a year ago they would have been laughed at by every member of the forum.

Tadhg was at our aftermatch on Sunday and did indeed say he had been for a run and felt good. Roosie was next out and said he thought Tadhg was a very good chance to play the next week. :thumbsu:

running and playing contested footy are completely different things. if it comes down to a barlow or a 70% TK i'de give barlow a crack, hed have to be 100%.

I agree that at the moment the team is better off without Hall.

If someone tried to say that a year ago they would have been laughed at by every member of the forum.

i'd go so far as to say, and it sounds cwaaazy, but if Hall plays, we are more likely to lose than if he doesnt play. I think with the way he is playing, his dropping marks, his angst, his general state of being right now, that he brings more negative than he does positive. Perhaps he should rest another week. Why play at 50/50 or even 70/30. also i think that if TK plays at less than 90% fit, he'll also be a liability, as he has been ever since he got injured. Why didnt they manage him like they did Leo??? he'd be back and firing by now.

what would be a disaster is if Hall and TK play, and the team reverts back to its predictable cant find a target chip around around around, we're so tired game. That would be a terrible way to go out.

Begs the question: Can they play like they did last week with Hall in????

I agree kika, reminds me of Grant Thomas playing his stars with injury clouds over them in finals, last year or year before.. Was an absolute disaster for them. Hoping common sense will prevail, and we dont take any unnessesary risks..
I believe we can get get over them without them, Barry & LRT, would have made a some difference last time round, and our Fwds are working harder with out Hall. As long as the midfield breaks even were a good show..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back