How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have way more legitimate arguments than you. All you can do is wail that you have "proven" your point when all you've actually done is presented your opinion. When I present the opinion of those charged and paid to do that all you can is brush this overwhelming evidence away as though it's done by idiots. And it's nice to see you supposedly quoting me saying something I never said. That is just more evidence of how shallow your arguments are.

. Seems that all people like you can do is constantly claim that the likes of All Australian selectors, coaches, umpires, B&F panels, media experts etc have all got it horribly wrong and you and a few frothing compatriots hold all the wisdom.

Mmm, who's got more standing in assessing players, you or Dermie or even Tony Shaw (who I've never even mentioned before)?

Wow that was hard to find. You asked 2 pages back "who's got more standing in assessing players, you Dermie or Tony Shaw"

Which implies you obviously think they know more about our club and it's players then we do.

And now you're saying you never said that?

And how did WE not prove our point to you? After Priddis played an absolute disgusting effort of a game against the bombers, and was in the worst 5 for us, he still found a way to get named in the best for afl.com. That proved right there and then what a crock afl.coms 'best' actually is. It's not "My opinion"

Last edited:
In fairness I think we only addressed that stuff to Tracker. They seem to have each other on ignore :)

I can't keep up with Trackers alias's.

But it was Pottering who i proved this too. He subsequently went AWOL from this thread for about a whole week after the bombers game, where we all proved the AFL.com best players section is a load of s**t, but he came back eventually.

Comprehension skills a bit off? It was claimed Priddis was a "flat track bully" only performing against the weaker sides, yet the AFL website had him our best players against each of the 6 teams that were still alive at semi final weekend. That "means" the claim I responded to was disproven. Got it?

o_O

Time for a new alias Pottering. I think you've already soiled this one beyond repair. :p

Comprehension skills a bit off? It was claimed Priddis was a "flat track bully" only performing against the weaker sides, yet the AFL website had him our best players against each of the 6 teams that were still alive at semi final weekend. That "means" the claim I responded to was disproven. Got it?
Comprehension skills are fine, but using the best player lists off afl.com as evidence when they are clearly picked by some tit who has looked at the stats instead of watching the game makes your argument extremely weak and does absolutely nothing to disprove what you were responding to. Got it?

If you are talking about the votes on here id be willing to take that onboard - the eagles board as a whole seems to rate him a lot more realistically than afl.com etc

I'd suggest we tend to go a bit too far the other way, but yeah I was talking about the POTY votes.

I'd suggest we tend to go a bit too far the other way, but yeah I was talking about the POTY votes.

Basing that on what? You saw it yourself, i still gave him votes this year.

Would love to know how many the rest of the torch waving anti Priddis brigade gave him.

PLUS it works both ways. His fans like Rids and Tracker have voted and i've seen them go waaaay over the top with giving him BOG's when he's clearly not.

Last edited:
Basing that on what? You saw it yourself, i still gave him votes this year.

Would love to know how many the rest of the torch waving anti Priddis brigade gave him.

Based on the fact that I consider myself fairly moderate in the whole debate, but I gave him 5 votes more than the average voter. I didn't have that sort of disparity with any other player.

The prime example was the second game against Collingwood where outside of this board he was unanimously the best player on the ground - according to both coaches, every major newspaper, no doubt the umpires when the Brownlow votes are announced. He was even voted the best player in any game that round on afl.com.au. Yet when our votes were tallied he was only considered equal best with Gaff, and in fact some voters (yourself included) didn't even consider he was in our best five.

PLUS it works both ways. His fans like Rids and Tracker have voted and i've seen them go waaaay over the top with giving him BOG's when he's clearly not.

A couple of posters don't make much of a difference, particularly when they don't vote every week. It's a much more general trend.

Based on the fact that I consider myself fairly moderate in the whole debate, but I gave him 5 votes more than the average voter. I didn't have that sort of disparity with any other player.

The prime example was the second game against Collingwood where outside of this board he was unanimously the best player on the ground - according to both coaches, every major newspaper, no doubt the umpires when the Brownlow votes are announced. He was even voted the best player in any game that round on afl.com.au. Yet when our votes were tallied he was only considered equal best with Gaff, and in fact some voters (yourself included) didn't even consider he was in our best five.

A couple of posters don't make much of a difference, particularly when they don't vote every week. It's a much more general trend.

On that game Fivey that's exactly what's wrong with Priddis. Was "dominant" in terms of possession for the first 3/4 in particular and was entirely decent in terms of possession in the last.

Pendlebury was quiet for 3/4. Then simply imposed himself for 20 mins and won the game.

Matt is exactly indicative of our team. He can dominate possession but not do anywhere near enough with it to reward said domination. Given he plays an offensive role with much of our structure geared to getting him the ball at stoppages he has to hurt the opposition. He simply doesn't. Our own fans, who see us, live and breath us every week are tired of us working our arses off and not hurting our opponents because our disposal, our decision making and our general hurt factor is below the best sides. That starts with our average midfield and key to that is that bloke who dominates possession and has no hurt factor.

Those with little real interest in our side and those with little real knowledge of the game (like you) just see the work rate, the contested ball and the mountain of possession and don't join the dots.

If Shuey or Gaff had the amount of ball Matt had in that first Pies game we win in a canter. Now you and Rids and the other Matt-boys (you calling yourself neutral is laughable by the way) will suggest "well, they can't get the ball as much etc etc" but that's somewhat based on structure & set ups. The reality is that Yeo was our most damaging and dangerous mid that game, he was the guy we needed with ball in hand but instead there was way too much Matt and his pop gun arsenal of disposal.

But yes, swayed by volume, work rate, effort and all those other working class staples that the mediocre salivate over, Matt was awesome ...

On that game Fivey that's exactly what's wrong with Priddis. Was "dominant" in terms of possession for the first 3/4 in particular and was entirely decent in terms of possession in the last.

Pendlebury was quiet for 3/4. Then simply imposed himself for 20 mins and won the game.

I was talking about his 42-possession game at Subi. You're talking about the earlier game at the MCG when Yeo got his teeth knocked out, correct?

Just for the record, I was one of the six (out of 34 total) voters who didn't give Priddis the 5 votes in that game. I actually gave him less votes than a few of the self-described "torch-waving Anti-Priddis brigade".

Those with little real interest in our side and those with little real knowledge of the game (like you) just see the work rate, the contested ball and the mountain of possession and don't join the dots.

If Shuey or Gaff had the amount of ball Matt had in that first Pies game we win in a canter. Now you and Rids and the other Matt-boys (you calling yourself neutral is laughable by the way) will suggest "well, they can't get the ball as much etc etc" but that's somewhat based on structure & set ups. The reality is that Yeo was our most damaging and dangerous mid that game, he was the guy we needed with ball in hand but instead there was way too much Matt and his pop gun arsenal of disposal.

I actually said "moderate", not "neutral", and your description of me as a Matt-boy is what's actually laughable. Do you not recall me "nailing my colours to the mast"? I generally agree with your criticisms of his limitations and what that means for us in the longer term. That doesn't mean I can't rate his performances from week to week in the role he's been given. That's a far less blinkered approach than saying "well he tries hard but we're not going anywhere with him in the middle therefore every game he plays is terrible".

I was talking about his 42-possession game at Subi. You're talking about the earlier game at the MCG when Yeo got his teeth knocked out, correct?

Just for the record, I was one of the six (out of 34 total) voters who didn't give Priddis the 5 votes in that game. I actually gave him less votes than a few of the self-described "torch-waving Anti-Priddis brigade".

I actually said "moderate", not "neutral", and your description of me as a Matt-boy is what's actually laughable. Do you not recall me "nailing my colours to the mast"? I generally agree with your criticisms of his limitations and what that means for us in the longer term. That doesn't mean I can't rate his performances from week to week in the role he's been given. That's a far less blinkered approach than saying "well he tries hard but we're not going anywhere with him in the middle therefore every game he plays is terrible".

Blinkered or realistic?

Matts best game was v Adelaide. His second Collingwood game was no better than his first.

And, for absolute clarity, yes I reckon you see Matts "positives" well ahead of his negatives and I accept that's a common occurrence. He's still levels below Shuey and multiple levels below proper top notch AFL mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blinkered or realistic?

Those aren't mutually exclusive ;)

For the purposes of voting week in, week out it's blinkered.

And, for absolute clarity, yes I reckon you see Matts "positives" well ahead of his negatives and I accept that's a common occurrence. He's still levels below Shuey and multiple levels below proper top notch AFL mids.

I disagree with the first sentence and absolutely agree with you on the second.

Comprehension skills are fine, but using the best player lists off afl.com as evidence when they are clearly picked by some tit who has looked at the stats instead of watching the game makes your argument extremely weak and does absolutely nothing to disprove what you were responding to. Got it?

Yeah, I got it, you simply dismiss views that don't gel with yours as the work of "****". I could have picked numerous other reputable sources with pretty much the same result, but no doubt you'd simply ignore them as well.

Wow that was hard to find. You asked 2 pages back "who's got more standing in assessing players, you Dermie or Tony Shaw"

Which implies you obviously think they know more about our club and it's players then we do.

And now you're saying you never said that?

And how did WE not prove our point to you? After Priddis played an absolute disgusting effort of a game against the bombers, and was in the worst 5 for us, he still found a way to get named in the best for afl.com. That proved right there and then what a crock afl.coms 'best' actually is. It's not "My opinion"

You are clearly dumber than I realised. You are using my claiming I hadn't mentioned Tony Shaw as evidence that I did mention Tony Shaw. Breathtaking stuff!

Of course any listing of Priddis in our best players that you don't agree with is simply dismissed with a wave of the hand. How nice if life simply agreed with your "opinion"? Love it how whatever you put forward in your mind dismisses any contrary view. Supreme arrogance!

Yeah, I got it, you simply dismiss views that don't gel with yours as the work of "****". I could have picked numerous other reputable sources with pretty much the same result, but no doubt you'd simply ignore them as well.

Why don't you provide evidence of Priddis' body of supreme work in games, ie. videos that show his elite games instead of relying on stats and votes and newspaper articles.

Why don't you provide evidence of Priddis' body of supreme work in games, ie. videos that show his elite games instead of relying on stats and votes and newspaper articles.

He doesn't even rely on those.

He uses the same argument over and over again on multiple accounts and they are as follows.

- It's the rest of the midfields fault. Why can't Shuey, Masten etc etc do this and that..
- Afl.com had him listed in our best
- Clearly the opinion of Dermott Brereton is more appropriate then anyone in this thread.

Rinse and repeat.

You realize that all "best players" list are all subjective opinions anyway. They don't prove or disprove anything on their own. Pretty funny of you to actually make an argument around that :p.

But keep posting Pottering, you're always good for a laugh.

So who will be our one true saviour? The one player who will bring ultimate victory forsaking 21 other team mates? I heard Jesus was set to go at pick 2, and Allah at 3. Reckon Buddha will be available by 10?
#smilyface #reallychamp? #Eagle87hearttoheart #kpi
Don't know about recruiting Buddha, heard his skin-folds weren't great...

I am having a moment of conflict at the moment.

I have always wanted eagles players to get AA given the chance.....but this is different.

Is it wrong to not want Pridda to get AA?

Am I a horrible person?

I just think the more accolades he receives, the longer he'll be our no. 1 mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back