How the US pharmaceutical industry is taking over the illicit drug markets

Remove this Banner Ad

Legal highs very different from actual legal/decrim cannabis.

Those things are dangerous, very, very dangerous.

How so? I mean there are side effects. Memory loss with M-kat for example. Although that bad boy hasnt been legal in the UK for a few years. Damn shame too.

How many deaths have there been from legal highs? I researched a few pretty thoroughly before... I started researching them.

Is that the synthetic man made pot?

Nah:

Mephedrone, also known as 4-methylmethcathinone (4-MMC) or 4-methylephedrone, is a synthetic stimulant drug of the amphetamine and cathinone classes. Slang names include drone,[5] M-CAT,[6] and meow meow.[7] It is chemically similar to the cathinone compounds found in the khat plant of eastern Africa. It comes in the form of tablets or a powder, which users can swallow, snort or inject, producing similar effects to MDMA, amphetamines and cocaine.

Class B prohibited substance in the UK since 2010, (and caught under the Federal legislation in Australia).

Prior to that you could buy it over the counter as a 'research chemical' in bong shops anywhere in the UK.

Its mental over there. You can walk in to a bong shop and legally buy 'Gocaine' 'China white' and dozens of other synthetic compounds of virtually any other drug. Pretty damn simialr to the real thing (or so Ive been told):

gocaine-1g-research-chemical-powder-1723-p.jpg

Only to be used for research purposes of course.

How so? I mean there are side effects. Memory loss with M-kat for example. Although that bad boy hasnt been legal in the UK for a few years. Damn shame too.

How many deaths have there been from legal highs? I researched a few pretty thoroughly before... I started researching them.

Lots and lots.

Lots and lots.

From the wiki quote above:

In 2010, unconfirmed reports speculated about the role mephedrone has played in the deaths of several young people in the UK. By July 2010, mephedrone had been alleged to be involved in 52 fatalities in the UK, but detected in only 38 of these cases

Also one reported death from the USA and Sweden.

Out of hundreds of thousands (if not millions acrtoss the USA, UK, Europe and the USA) that have taken it. About on par with Ecstacy. You're at more of a risk of death walking across the road.

4 methylmethcathinone is generally safe for human consumption in 99.999999 percent of cases - as safe as most over the counter drugs. You can have an allergic reaction to anything though I guess.

Mildly addictive though, and it does bad things to your memory from prolonged use.

Or so I've been told.

Legal highs very different from actual legal/decrim cannabis.

Those things are dangerous, very, very dangerous.

The dudes pushing them are the Stephen Danks of the drug world.

*en oath. I got stuck into the synthetic weed once, rolled up a big "joint" of it and had it. After I'd paced the house for 20 minutes (no s**t) and heart felt like it was going to beat its way out of my chest I decided it wasn't a good idea!

****en oath. I got stuck into the synthetic weed once, rolled up a big "joint" of it and had it. After I'd paced the house for 20 minutes (no s**t) and heart felt like it was going to beat its way out of my chest I decided it wasn't a good idea!

They're analogues - dont make the mistake of thinking they're the same thing!

That new 'legal' version of LSD is catching people out like this as well. s**t is supposed to be 25 times more potent. And just like 'real' LSD it doesnt hit you for around 30-45 minutes.

That could become a ******* ordeal very quickly.

Just got made illegal today IIRC. New Federal drugs Act which catches anything resembling something like a substance already prohibited in chemical composition or effects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how easy is this? im bout to book an appointment...

I've never got them from a psychiartrist. I used to get them from a GP for anxiety - just say you get major anxiety / panic attacks when you do public speaking - anyway tbh i'm not into them at all so a packet lasts me a very long time - i might be in the 0.00000000000000001% that use xanax as they were intended rather than to get a zonked out high - i hate the feeling of being out of it, so even if i need to take one for anxiety (and i only experience anxiety in one scenario) i only take a half a pill. Friends consume more of my xanax than i do. I got a new prescription of something else in January because I'm not going to hook up with a psychiartrist just so i can get xanax.

The other stuff i got from the GP is just as good as xanax anyway, it's prescribed for epilepsy (Rivotril). If you go to a GP and they offer you that, take it.

Last edited:
Same as home brew IMO. Easy and cheap to make your own, often higher quality than stuff you get in the shops.

Still, it requires effort and most people are lazy.

This is true, however if you DO actually use it for medicinal purposes (in my case 80% recreational, 20% medicinal) you can buy weed with higher levels of Cannibidinol (a nice THC/CBD mix would suit me nicely). S'pose ypu could buy the seeds and propigate yourself, but like you said too lazy (my missus won't let me :mad:).

I've never got them from a psychiartrist. I used to get them from a GP for anxiety - just say you get major anxiety / panic attacks when you do public speaking - anyway tbh i'm not into them at all so a packet lasts me a very long time - i might be in the 0.00000000000000001% that use xanax as they were intended rather than to get a zonked out high - i hate the feeling of being out of it, so even if i need to take one for anxiety (and i only experience anxiety in one scenario) i only take a half a pill. Friends consume more of my xanax than i do. I got a new prescription of something else in January because I'm not going to hook up with a psychiartrist just so i can get xanax.

The other stuff i got from the GP is just as good as xanax anyway, it's prescribed for epilepsy (Rivotril). If you go to a GP and they offer you that, take it.
Yeah the problem is Gps arent allowed to prescribe it anymore. You must see a psych now... So much more hefty then just visiting my Gp.
And much more pricey as i dont have private health...

As yourself I geuinely need them for particular situations. My Gp prescribed me Lorazapam.. thats lethal, affects your balance and all sort and has a reputation as a date rape drug. Not all Benzos are the same and Xanax is the fastest acting and most effective.

Thanks for that nicky. Interesting to note Pfizer's response. Must say that I agree with the guidelines and the recommendation for short term use.

Yeah the problem is Gps arent allowed to prescribe it anymore. You must see a psych now... So much more hefty then just visiting my Gp.

As yourself I geuinely need them for particular situations. My Gp prescribed me Lorazapam.. thats lethal, affects your balance and all sort and has a reputation as a date rape drug. Not all Benzos are the same and Xanax is the fastest acting and most effective.

I'm not sure about the service delivery system in WA Jordan, however here in Vic, our GP's have access to local public psych services and can refer people for a one-off assessment and treatment reecommendations, therefore eliminating the cost factor

roofies. roofies

i wanna know the offlabel syphoning to sport use. Anedcotally, you struggle to get epo in the months up to olympics. anecdotally, you struggle to get a particular cortisone.

personally, i see the numbers that are floated in the press and sport media (SportsIllustrated and ESPN and a few others) about the money and value of the PED sector. I try and do numbers for the pro sports and olympic sports, and their catchment and size, and i just cant see how this adds up. Even if all your mid aged crisis guys who take up triathlon get on hgh and testo. And not the olympics, but the olympic qualifier catchment in individual nations. so about 20 times the actual olympics numbers. It still does not add up. All the 50 year old investment bankers and lawyers in SoCal in America who take up cycling and take everything and have the money to stave off their self conception mortality... still. does not make the market that they say.

but then again, when the jacks tell us how big the meth market and coke market and weed market is, it still never made sense on a mathematical level. but i have never done saturday nights back to back thru my salad years nor roids at gyms...

+ implicit was pro league sport^

Last edited:
From my understanding big pharma would not want pot leagised, as it's a natural plant It can't be patented, so they would want to hold they're little corner if the pain killer market

Remove this Banner Ad

Back