Universal Love I <3 the Media - snippets thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet after the game last week he (Whately) was arguing black and blue against Parkin that Freo when they play like they did in the last quarter are as good as anyone. Parko was of the opinion that Hawks/Sydney are a cut above.

And yet after the game last week he (Whately) was arguing black and blue against Parkin that Freo when they play like they did in the last quarter are as good as anyone. Parko was of the opinion that Hawks/Sydney are a cut above.

It's all subjective really. To me, it's when and how you time your run. Case in point - Port Adelaide.

.....Or you could look at how true Pro Fighters (MMA/Muay Thai/Boxing) time their run. It's not over until it is OVER.

It's all subjective really. To me, it's when and how you time your run. Case in point - Port Adelaide.

.....Or you could look at how true Pro Fighters (MMA/Muay Thai/Boxing) time their run. It's not over until it is OVER.
But you have to be close enough to take a swing (to continue your metaphor). We are leaving it perilously late to find our best.

But you have to be close enough to take a swing (to continue your metaphor). We are leaving it perilously late to find our best.

True. It certainly feels like we are leaving it late - or at least later than when the boys did this last year.

Go time is now. This is the round to ramp it up. What better prep than facing the reigning premiers and the team that defeated us in the grand final.

It's all being set up for another Ross Lyon ambush (that's the optimist in me)

The realist in me thinks we will have to go about it the hard way, but finals footy are played totally differently to H&A and our finals form is much better than our H&A form

Also we are a much more efficient attacking unit this year (without Walters and Mayne kicking many goals at all) thanks in the most part to Ballantyne in AA form and Pav chipping in - but our mids have been instrumental as well. We are averaging about a goal less per game and the all-out-attacking Swans and have conceded slightly more than them.

The Hawks are in a league of their own in terms of attacking this year, but without Roughead and Gunston (as well as Rioli) I am confident we can come away with the chocolates. And hell, if they lose to Geelong the following weekend we are a chance to grab 3rd and get Geelong at skilled again. And we will know where we stand by Saturday night as Geelong/Sydney/Port will all have played and we can guage how badly we need to win (if Port win) or how far we can climb depending on the other results

Not sure if this is the right thread but did anyone hear the local ABC radio this morning? Two highlights
1. Duffield saying Geelong are a very good football team, but by God they get a good run with the umpires and that they have been gifted their last two games by the umps. Rare to hear that from a journalist.
2. Judge absolutely unloading on the eagles, apparently the eagles have boycotted the show and refused to allow their assistant coaches to appear on the program because of perceived negative comments about Simpson. Judge's best moment amongst his rant was that Freo are nowadays a much more professional outfit than west coast. Again rare to hear local radio unload on the eagles like that.

To be fair even after quite few years Judge would still be bitter about getting the arse from West Coast.

No way, I've been listening to them for years, he is always talking WC up and Freo down.

To be fair even after quite few years Judge would still be bitter about getting the arse from West Coast.

Such a bitter bitter man and just always sees negatives, it was hard to believe he would have been inspiring as a coach.

So strange since he was a very good player who could do the specky things especially around goals, having said all that I hope his health holds up. He was in a bad way.

Such a bitter bitter man and just always sees negatives, it was hard to believe he would have been inspiring as a coach.

So strange since he was a very good player who could do the specky things especially around goals, having said all that I hope his health holds up. He was in a bad way.

Ken has every right to be bitter. He was totally shafted by West Coast.
He exposed the unsavoury sub culture within the player group and the two hoods he exposed, get promoted to Captain & Vice the next year and he gets the arse.
It is surprising that every waking moment he isn't trying to destroy them. Just read Duffield's article last week for a hint at what that organization does to people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The 10' that features every week on AFL.com.au didn't show ANY highlights of the Freo/Hawks game. How can it not include snippets of the game of the round where there were incredible goals kicked by either team is beyond me. I'm used to Freo not featuring much in it but jeez....feeling a bit let down.

Fyfe on Footy Fix, says he's chomping at the bit to play against the Hawks for the first time since the GF.

I used to think Mundy should be the next captain between Pav and Fyfe but I've changed my mind. Fyfe is going to be the heart and soul of the Dockers for the next 10 years. Give him the gig.

Fyfe still gets stupid suspension, I don't think he is ready yet.

'The 10' that features every week on AFL.com.au didn't show ANY highlights of the Freo/Hawks game. How can it not include snippets of the game of the round where there were incredible goals kicked by either team is beyond me. I'm used to Freo not featuring much in it but jeez....feeling a bit let down.
Yeah I was gobsmacked by that. However the majority of the goals from both teams were team based. They look for individual stuff usually. I still thought Mayne's grab deserved a spot

Gee I hope Fyfe does not play the international rules, he has enough issues not getting suspended when playing AFL. He will destroy the Irish players.

Does anyone know if the suspension in the international rules series will be applied to the AFL season?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-18/clarkson-wants-to-pick-star-dockers

ALASTAIR Clarkson is hopeful Fremantle stars Nat Fyfe, Hayden Ballantyne and David Mundy will be selected in the All Australian team this year so he can pick them in his Australia's International Rules outfit.

Judgey is Judgey, he knows a fair bit about footy, but does come over as sucking on lemons at times.

He is bitter about the Eagles CEO and the former Subi player who wields alot of influence down Roberts Rd way, ( yep the one with a fondness for Derek Kicketts crown jewels ).

Gee I hope Fyfe does not play the international rules, he has enough issues not getting suspended when playing AFL. He will destroy the Irish players.

Does anyone know if the suspension in the international rules series will be applied to the AFL season?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-18/clarkson-wants-to-pick-star-dockers

ALASTAIR Clarkson is hopeful Fremantle stars Nat Fyfe, Hayden Ballantyne and David Mundy will be selected in the All Australian team this year so he can pick them in his Australia's International Rules outfit.
Considering our record with getting AA's picked, they'll probably find some reason to leave all of Freo out of it.

That will be stupid as it is in Perth and they'll need Perth based players to drum up local interest as what is the likelihood of people flying over to watch international rules? Pretty damn small.

Even if we don't get selected, it may not be such a bad thing, guys can concentrate on team pre-season and will be less likely to get injured in a meaningless game which gives the AfL a leg-up. After all, what has the AFL done for us lately? * all.

On Talking Footy, Carey gave the blowtorch to Mark Robinson. Carey asked Tim Watson who does Robbo barrack for, to which Watson pretended not to know.........soft utensil Watson, everyone except Carey knows he goes for Essendon, anyone who reads his s**t articles would be able to tell that.

On Talking Footy, Carey gave the blowtorch to Mark Robinson. Carey asked Tim Watson who does Robbo barrack for, to which Watson pretended not to know.........soft utensil Watson, everyone except Carey knows he goes for Essendon, anyone who reads his s**t articles would be able to tell that.

(it was a joke)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back