Universal Love I am glad we resisted trading this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine what we could've got if we hadn't resisted:)The mind boggles
2v8spyf.png

Exactly, NQR had them half price with a best before date nov2013:)

nuts can be funny with the BBD

you have two dates, an expiry date and a best before date

an expiry basically means "each this s**t after this date, and bad s**t will be coming out of you for two weeks"

a best before date just means that the quality you would normally expect upon purchase is no longer guaranteed.

for chocolate it means losing from of the taste notes, for yoghurt syneresis. For nuts IME it can be one of three things.

firstly some nuts can lose their bite and become a bit like hard tofu

secondly flavoured nuts may lose their spice flavours

thirdly it can just be conservatism. for foods without a recognized shelf life, manufactures may whack on a generic 12-18-24 months from manufacture/packaging just because they have to.

IME most major food processors do sell via NQR, and their strategy is pretty similar - its all the stuff less than one week on shelf life below what coles and woolies will accept. As a general rule, its a great way to save bucks as long as you consume quickly.

For nuts, depending upon type and manufacture, it may be even better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

an expiry basically means "each this s**t after this date, and bad s**t will be coming out of you for two weeks"

a best before date just means that the quality you would normally expect upon purchase is no longer guaranteed.

for chocolate it means losing from of the taste notes, for yoghurt syneresis. For nuts IME it can be one of three things.

thirdly it can just be conservatism. for foods without a recognized shelf life, manufactures may whack on a generic 12-18-24 months from manufacture/packaging just because they have to.

IME most major food processors do sell via NQR, and their strategy is pretty similar - its all the stuff less than one week on shelf life below what coles and woolies will accept. As a general rule, its a great way to save bucks as long as you consume quickly.

I feel this should be a dedicated thread on TCH

Aware of all this. Just having a gag with TOO

Got a lot of time for Concs and really hoping he can have a big pre-season, slim down and really show us what he can do. Should definitely be developed as an inside mid, his work through traffic is really good and has always stood out to me, has always had a lot of time in contested situations. Really glad we didn't trade him and hope by the end of the season there will be no more suggestions of doing so. Go concsss

Concs has the talent, but obviously struggled a lot this year. Ripped the hamstring off the bone might have something to do with it. I reckon he just has to get fit and realise he fits in the AFL. then he has the tools to be a good B+ player at least. Possibility of an A grade inside outsider. But I'll await a full season of quality before judging him in 2015.

my work has been in food for close to 20 years. shelf life is the difference between wine and vinegar

I have a cousin overseas who has a PHD in the food science area. His area is looking at food shelf life, colour etc. I proof read some of his research for publishing....

Always rated Conca and hoping he can have a great preseason (hasn't he been injured every preseason since he's been at the club?) Give the man a good base to build his confidence and fitness up and he can prove the doubters wrong.

Would love to see him and Vickery tearing it up in 2015 and shoving the hate from the opposition haters straight up their collective clackers :D

I'm a big fan.
Don't underestimate how big his effort was this year to play off a terrible hammy injury.
He's got a massive scar on the back of his leg that would've stopped many playing much footy at all.

Some of the stock that goes through NQR has nothing wrong with the actual product, but the label may be misprinted or the package sealed incorrectly. Anything that doesn't pass quality control at a supermarket, basically. That goes for the actual product, or even the look of it.

Still remember the picture of him doing a one handed pick up off the ground before the draft. Those highlights from Conca was mouthwatering, seemed like he was playing the Deledio role, where he carried the team and broke lines. I don't i've seen Conca ever play like he did in his highlight video, i think it's because there's not much space around the packs at AFL level and he isn't used as a receiver, rather he is used as a bull at the bottom of the packs. Hopefully we see Conca explode next year. With Miles, Foley, Conca and maybe Dusty and Cotchin (part time) we'll dominate at every clearance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back