Universal Love I am glad we resisted trading this guy

Remove this Banner Ad

He will surprise many on here as well as opposition.
He's gonna fit a fifty cent coin up Heppels browny
Wants to play midfield Rusty so forget this negative backline talk
He's ready to explode guys

all this talk about heppel, has everyone forgotten that heppels performances are chemically induced?

there is a couple of brownlow medallists and greats of the game who have big asterisks against their performances too.

An unassisted conca is miles ahead

I hope Conca does come good - he's been cruising along for the last 4 years, been given plenty of games, but really hasn't shown that much. If he misses a game - we don't really miss him. He's just an average mid. Sure he has some games where the ball follows him, and he gets the ball a bit - everyone does.

If it is a fitness issue - there's still a chance. I just wonder how a guy spends 4 years on an AFL list (playing 16-17 games a year) without being as fit as possible. Maybe he is as fit as possible - which is a worrying thought.

I just don't see any wow factor in him. But it's November, and I have optimism - he is a lovely kick, so he's worth persevering with.

Pictures don't show if he's improving his endurance which I think is an area he's been too far behind elite in. Doesn't need to get bigger imo. Only going impact his running game.

If it is a fitness issue - there's still a chance. I just wonder how a guy spends 4 years on an AFL list (playing 16-17 games a year) without being as fit as possible. Maybe he is as fit as possible - which is a worrying thought.

Easy, don't give that guy a single pre-season. Player's can't work on their fitness during the season, so if their off-season is consistently interrupted, it's very hard to improve their fitness.

on his draft video on the afl website, he looked a lot quicker during his colts days. it seems to me that he looks a little slow at afl level. has his paced dropped off due to weights and strength training picking up? or was he jsut that much better than everyone else around him at colts level that he looked ridiculously quick?

i do think he has a bit of upside still. and if this is his first fit pre0season, then i think next year we should see a gun player starting to control games.

i think he needs to start being called Ranga Ned Kelly now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just based on the training picks. Reece looks a little bigger to me. Hope he gets a full preseason. He just may surprise a few ( At least I hope he can, I think he has the talent. No question in my mind about that)....

Last edited:
If he can actually go injury free and play to his capabilities I see him as a very important part of our midfield. I reckon he can be a very good B grade AFL mid just by being fit and ready to go. His best in 2013 was A grade. Get to what he is capable of and we have a winner. But I reckon I'll aim for B grade AFL mid in my mind as both safe and vale adding to the tigers. Ripping the hamstring off the bone will screw you up royally for a long time. I take 2014 as recovery after a disastrous injury. All fingers, toes and anything else crossed

James Horwill did a similar injury, and was captain of the national rugby team at the time. It has taken him about two years to recover form, and I'm not sure that he is as powerful as he once was. Clearly a serious injury.

Wow. That draft rewind video was impressive.
The only problem with watching those vids is seeing how our players where better before coming to our club especially Tyron and Conca. Can't wait to see Batchelors and see how far backwards he has gone , ffs take some weight off and learn how to run again.

people are still comparing him to Heppell. heppell is the second best midfielder at essendon, and has had 90% game time in the middle from his first season. He has been able to develop his game in the coalface. Conca is the 5-6 best at richmond, and has had to earn his place there with Lids, Cotch, Dusty, Jackson all in front of him.

Heppell would be the 5-6 best at Richmond and Conca would be the 2nd best at Essendon imo

people are still comparing him to Heppell. heppell is the second best midfielder at essendon, and has had 90% game time in the middle from his first season. He has been able to develop his game in the coalface. Conca is the 5-6 best at richmond, and has had to earn his place there with Lids, Cotch, Dusty, Jackson all in front of him.

Heppell would be the 5-6 best at Richmond and Conca would be the 2nd best at Essendon imo

really? lids and martin dont play midfield so rule them out, that leaves cotchin, miles, ellis, grigg, foley, conca.... think Heppell would be 2 in our squad right behind Cotchin

Horse hockey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back