ant22

Premiership Player
Oct 14, 2005
gisborne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
pies
I was bloody disapointed today not because I thought we where not good but because I thought we where good enough. It was one that got away. We had chances to be further in front and in the first half of the last quater we had more chances to get in front. Good sides take there chances and today we didn't. Full credit to the dogs in that area.

But I am still pretty excited though

Obrien was very good again.
Pendles was just about our best I thought
Thomas did some really good things again.
Cloke looked good again.
encouraging debut by goldsack. He looks like a player
Dick did some nice things.

All of these guys look to have the goods and will only get better.

Not a good result but there is alot to be exicted about in pie land.

O'Brien was close to our best player. He did such a good job on Johnson that he had to be accountable for a man in the back line.

I thought Pendles had a bad one, still did a few very good things, but not at the consistency as he has shown this year.

Thomas really tried hard, he goes at everything; that's a very good attitude.

The debutant, Tyson Goldsack, didn't crack under pressure.

I believe they have the wood over us, but we don't have to beat them to make the finals. Next week is a completely different ball-game, different tactictal challenge, different game plan, different ground, so we will prepare for it in which we think we can exploit them.

thats excatly right we let the game slip or more correctly let the game slip into the hands of that bleached tool Akers hands.

Our kids played well but we missed Buckley today (first time for the season) up forward just his class would have come through and Clement down back would of been good to have him on Higgins when he went crazy.

still good signs but terrible second half

havent seen the game but listened to most of it...disappointed! Definitly not our greatest game this year. But our kids keep improving and a number of players are yet to even hit their best form. And we have clement and bucks and medhurst to come into the side with a number of kids knocking on the door. I think it was a bit of a reality check and our kicking finally caught up to us, which cost us the game. But I dont mind too much, Id rather have a better second half of the year then dominate the first half like last year.

Kicking straight in front off goals would be a nice start. How many weeks is this going to go on for.

The Pies are headed in the right direction, the the kids should make you very excited. If not for some indirect kicking, today's game would of been a lot closer.

I too, listened to it on the radio via the net.

It seemed we missed 4-5 easy shots on goal from 20-40 m out on slight angles or in front. From these behinds Footscray kicked goals.

That appears to be their platform for launching attacks. The Crows didn't allow that and neither did the Saints.

Our midfield can match it. We just need to apply scoreboard pressure when we have the opportunities.

This is the 4th week in a row that we have kicked 20 or close too that, behinds.

In terms of development it was another good game for the woods

Harry - brilliant, never loses a one on one contest
Pendles, Thomas - both keep producing, we have two stars
Goldsack - made a blue early, but settled back down and provides dash and composure, a good kid
Dick - a few more flashes of brilliance

some great signs from our young raw kids

Our biggest problem this year has been our conversion, and again it cost us in the 3rd quarter, could have stretched the lead to 6+ goals if had slotted thru the goals that we should have kicked, but missing them deflated the team and the dogs got on a run and we couldn't stop em

poor loss, but no need to panic, need to keep working at our kicking for goal........we looked alright today, but against good teams u need to finish the work off and not give the oppo a sniff

Didn't see the game but the stats suggest they did a decent job of shutting down the Shaws and Dane Swan. Did we miss the attack these guys give us?

What happened in the 2nd half?

O'Brien was close to our best player. He did such a good job on Johnson that he had to be accountable for a man in the back line.

I thought Pendles had a bad one, still did a few very good things, but not at the consistency as he has shown this year.

Thomas really tried hard, he goes at everything; that's a very good attitude.

The debutant, Tyson Goldsack, didn't crack under pressure.

I believe they have the wood over us, but we don't have to beat them to make the finals. Next week is a completely different ball-game, different tactictal challenge, different game plan, different ground, so we will prepare for it in which we think we can exploit them.

Your entitled to your opinion Ct but I cannot possibly believe you thought pendles had a bad one. 21 possies 7 marks a goal. It wasn't just his touches either, it was the way he used them , his skills where sublime. He set up many of our chances. .Like his teamates he qas quiet in the last quarter but other than that I thought he was outstanding.

Agreed On harry could well be challanging for our best today because of the job he did but to say Pendles was bad is just crazy.

Didn't see the game but the stats suggest they did a decent job of shutting down the Shaws and Dane Swan. Did we miss the attack these guys give us?

What happened in the 2nd half?

Heater and Rhyce seemed to be playing more defensive roles today, the dogs HF's are all very dangerous...aker, cooney, gia, higgins.....so the Shaws didn't provide the usual drive

Not sure what happened to swan, think he just had a downer

Some poor moves by Mick today, Rhyce on Cooney was a shocker

But the kids still did alright, the senior blokes let us down today

Didak was poor, Rocca should have kicked 6 (And unlike Cloke who always gets bagged for poor kicking, Rocca was missing set shots from 15m and failing to score :rolleyes:), Holland was quiet again

Burnsy tried hard but cant carry us

At the end of the day I still believe we are a much better side than the Bulldogs, but obviously the shock of leading at half time was too much for them to overcome :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that Pendles was brilliant today. He got a fair bit of the ball and the way he used it was sensational.

The kid is going to be a superstar. He has the composure of a 100+ gamer and is just pure class. If he continues to develop over the coming years he'll be polling a lot of Brownlow votes in the future.

The goal that he kicked was a perfect example of the time that he has. He got the ball, took a step backwards to avoid a tackle and then calmly slotted it through. Utterly brilliant.:)

Didak was poor, Rocca should have kicked 6 (And unlike Cloke who always gets bagged for poor kicking, Rocca was missing set shots from 15m and failing to score :rolleyes:), Holland was quiet again

At the end of the day I still believe we are a much better side than the Bulldogs, but obviously the shock of leading at half time was too much for them to overcome :rolleyes:

Why is it when a player has a poor game its the coaches fault. I have no problem with rhyce on cooney but rhyce made a few mistakes by getting sucked into the contest a couple of times which allowed cooney to skirt off the pack. This is Rhyce's fault not micks but we all have bad days.

As for the goal kicking both big forwards have been very poor in this area this year. And a few of their smaller team mates have not been great either

Why is it when a player has a poor game its the coaches fault. I have no problem with rhyce on cooney but rhyce made a few mistakes by getting sucked into the contest a couple of times which allowed cooney to skirt off the pack. This is Rhyce's fault not micks but we all have bad days.

As for the goal kicking both big forwards have been very poor in this area this year. And a few of their smaller team mates have not been great either
Because it was a mismatch, why put your shortest defender on a player like Cooney who they are playing out of the square and has a height and strength advantage? Heath went to him later and did a better job and with Clement out was probably the better matchup (Although Heath did make a stupid mistake going for amark and leaving Cooney on his own in the square)

Also said it prematch that leaving Medders out was a mistake, lacked options up forward

Plus he overused the bench which stopped us getting any momentum

I agree, I'll go as far as saying that Rocca cost us the game today. That miss towards the end of the 3rd Quarter, when the Bulldogs then took the ball to the other end and scored, was moral shattering stuff, and at that moment I knew we were finished.

I've been really disapointed with Rocca this season, so often he has failed to stand up tall, and kick the goals we really need. Quite often simple shots from 15-20 metres out. I'm beginning to see a lot of Richo in Rocca, and I don't like it.

We've been lucky so far that this season in that we've still won despite Rocca time and time again missing simple shots at goal, today our luck ran out.

I know that he's not the only one, however, he's our senior foward, others look up to him, and he's our full forward. When full forwards miss simple goals like that, it demoralises the whole team. You see it with Richmond all the time, and we saw it today.

For the whole week, Rocca should do nothing but shots at goal.

The goal that he kicked was a perfect example of the time that he has. He got the ball, took a step backwards to avoid a tackle and then calmly slotted it through. Utterly brilliant.:)

I agree he has tons of time but what happened there was there was a free kick to Cloke, Pendlebury and everyone else stopped, the umpire said advantage so he had to snap it.

We're all still excited, no doubt about that, but theres also no doubt about it that we're all also frustrated in the manner of today's loss.

Certainly no reason to jump off yet after one game. You guys did show what you can do, just lacked some polish around the ground at times and the kicking at goals was pretty costly in the end.

There is some serious good young talent there,

O'Brien has the makings to be a superb back line player, loved his work today.

Pendlebury is a star in the making, he was fantastic today.

Cloke is a great target up forward I wouldn't worry about the kicking at goal it will come. Throw Rusling in there as well and that is going to make him a hell of a lot harder to cover

And that's just a few. I think some of your Senior squad let you down today your young guys played their guts out.

Good luck next week against the Lions.

Certainly no reason to jump off yet after one game. You guys did show what you can do, just lacked some polish around the ground at times and the kicking at goals was pretty costly in the end.

There is some serious good young talent there,

O'Brien has the makings to be a superb back line player, loved his work today.

Pendlebury is a star in the making, he was fantastic today.

Cloke is a great target up forward I wouldn't worry about the kicking at goal it will come. Throw Rusling in there as well and that is going to make him a hell of a lot harder to cover

And that's just a few. I think some of your Senior squad let you down today your young guys played their guts out.

Good luck next week against the Lions.

Thanks mate, and he pointed out an obvious that I havent seen anyone else do on here yet.

I think some of your Senior squad let you down today your young guys played their guts out.

We really need a lift from some of the older blokes, R Shaw has had two bad weeks in a row, Maxwell needs to be put back in his natural environment, the backline, Holland just needs a few more weeks, Rocca was good at times, but needs to be more accountable, wheres Buckley? Licuria? Lonie? We need them back soon. Its as if we are repeating some of these things.

Swan was good first half got the clearances and ran hard after players got tagged a little but when broke away players too slow to pass. Was stopping players in the midfield from boucing at ball. Was on boyd for first half did okay then pendles went on him while swan was on the bench for awhile. Think he was a little tired wouldnt say it was a downer if it wasnt for his first half we wouldnt have been in front. He had the most possessions for Collingwood then. Malthouse moved him into full back on Higgins for a bit and then on half-forward flack came back on in midfield at end but like most of Collingwood ran out of legs. Perhaps the night out on thurday at the Beach upset their routine this week. The shaws were very disappointed one handball receive first half. Then again you cant leave it up to these three everyweek they have been good - missed Clement down back - needed some leadership there.

Heater and Rhyce seemed to be playing more defensive roles today, the dogs HF's are all very dangerous...aker, cooney, gia, higgins.....so the Shaws didn't provide the usual drive

Not sure what happened to swan, think he just had a downer

The dogs matched him up with Boyd who played his typical accountable role whilst agthering plenty of the ball himself. Swan was simply outplayed by a bloke other teams continue to under-rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back