Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

another whopper trade coming for us according to irsay's twitter its a WR.

i would legit cry tears of joy if it was victor cruz.
I hear ya. Don't know how we would deal with his cap price though.

Btw, Cruz is an RFA, so it's not a trade, just negotiating a deal with Cruz/agent. If it's Cruz. And it would cost them a first rounder i think.
But maybe Irsay's talking about another high-profile WR that no one expects. Either someone bigger than Cruz (hence, whopper), or someone not earth-shattering that Irsay is over-excited about disappointing Colts fans who are hoping it's Cruz.

But there aren’t many free-agent receivers with names justifying the use of two exclamation points. Darrius Heyward-Bey was cut on Tuesday, and Randy Moss still has some caché, baby.

That leaves restricted free agents, where Giants receiver Victor Cruz and Steelers receiver Emmanuel Sanders are the top targets. But with Irsay saying that the Colts have been working on the deal for five days and given that Cruz’s agent change delayed prevent CAA from talking contract during the five-day waiting period, it’s probably not Cruz.

Unless, of course, the Colts were spending the first part of the past five days coming up with an offer-sheet strategy with a 2013 cap number that would prevent the Giants from matching.

Either way, we’ll be keeping an eye on Irsay’s page for further updates.

Jeff Saturday still mad Colts didn’t try for a perfect season

saturdaygetty.jpg

After one final season in Green Bay, Jeff Saturday is returning to the Colts to call it a career and officially retire with the team, and he says that when he looks back on his time in Indianapolis, there’s only one thing he regrets.

That one thing is that in 2009, the Colts started 14-0 but didn’t try to finish a perfect season, instead resting their starters and losing their final two regular-season games. They ended up losing the Super Bowl to the Saints at the end of the postseason.

That’s the only thing I wish we would have done differently,” Saturday told Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star. “I was in favor of it, but obviously, I got out-voted [by management]. When we pulled everybody and just let it go by the wayside and ended up losing, that was a great opportunity we had. As a player, perfection is the highest goal you can reach. And we were so close.”

Saturday’s comments don’t specifically mention who he blames for that decision, but former Colts G.M. Bill Polian is often blamed for being the one who decided the Colts would rest Peyton Manning and Co. in the final two games. That decision wasn’t popular with the Colts’ players then, and it’s still not popular with them now.

Caldwell wore my disgust...shouldda been Polian Poison I suppose... but man, the father-son combo were shattered.

colts160.jpg

and this... totally...SH-SH - SH-A-T-T-E-R-E-D!!!

indianapolis-colts-fans-13dc25cd395375f4.jpg

But it cant be Cruz because of what Florio posted (the quote above), about that 5 day period of contract talks due to a change in player agent.

First of all, Irsay is batshit crazy insane so I wouldn't believe everything 100%

And second of all GG, I think I speak for all Colts fans when I say Cruz is the best case scenario so can you please not let little things like facts destroy our hope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More rumors this morning that its Cruz.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
Giants co-owner Steve Tisch is bracing himself for a team to go after RFA Victor Cruz. Says someone will probably make an offer.

Nick Ragsdale@ColtsInsiders
Cruz knows that if he signs the offer sheet their is a good chance the #Giants won't be able to match. Not sure he wants to leave. #Colts

its all speculations though.

Irsay did the same thing on twitter last year just before the Vontae Davis trade.

Maybe it is Larry Fitzgerald. Who'd have to be pretty frustrated with the Cardinals lack of legitimate QB and looking to continue so this year without a top flight QB.

Not sure Luck is top flight yet though. Surely if Fitzgerald was looking to move he'd be wanting to work with one of the big names who are a very good chance of getting him a ring, such as Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back