Toast Individual Peformance of 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
The AFL website is currently show video highlights going through each team of 'individual perfomances' from this year.

There are some great ones up there so far like Boomer Harveys game against the Eagles and Buddy's against Essendon where he kicked goal of the year.

Who do you think will be on there for Freo?

My thoughts are:
  1. Barlows 33 possesions on debut
  2. Ballantynes bag of goals against the Eagles in the Rnd18 Derby
  3. McPhees tagging job of Chris Judd out of the Rnd 13 game
Or they could just show any game 211 has played. He sure is a real individual... maybe his 49 hitout game when Kruezer went down early? LOL

Barlow's debut.

His 20 minute passage of play from five minutes remaining in the first into the second quarter took a tepid match that was going nowhere to a game where Freo dominated, and pretty much set the standard for the season.

He was involved in almost every goal Freo kicked. He kicked an awesome goal himself.

I will never forget that performance so long as I live.

Twas a good effort but unfortunately Juddy still got brownlow votes for that game

Yeah but Judd only had to run out on the ground to get Brownlow votes this year. I'm surprised they didn't accidentally give him votes in the 3 games he was suspended for.

Back on topic I thought Barlow's game against Carlton was his most memorable for the year (well, memorable for good reasons anyway). 30 disposals and 4 goals. How often have we ever had a non-Pav midfielder kick 4 goals in a game for us?

Hill's 32 possessions against Brisbane was another highlight for me. He absolutely ripped them to shreds that night. A warning of things to come for the rest of the comp.

From the above:
Anything by 211, Pav against Geelong and Barlow V Carlton (or anybody really).
I was going to add Hilly v Brisbane as my fave.

Fave individual play was our very first score for the year V Adelaide when we went coast to coast with precision, flair and a blistering run from Hilly. Talk about a sign of things to come. If Mayne had given the handball over the top to Balla it was perfect footy.

Lowlight when Barlow went down.

Barlow's Debut, Ballas haul, Hill's Day out, Fyfe's Rising Star nomination game, Walters performance against Geelong in the final. BalBoer's desperation dive to knock the ball on for a goal assist.

The list goes on..

Your comment of knocking the ball on reminded me of Grover's diving goal save when Betts fumbled it in the goal square in round 22. That was epic.

Barlow's game against Adelaide away was really good too. In a game where we were absolutely smashed he still managed to get 2 brownlow votes, 30 possies and either 2 or 3 goals. He almost won us the game and was superb. How much of a riot was it that in his debut game he got 0 brownlow votes because the umpies didn't know who he was yet.

Hilly against Brisbane was awesome too. (3 Votes) Most of Sandi's games and Pav against Geelong.

Barlow vs Carlton. I think he had like 30 possessions + 4 goals in that game. So awesome.

One of my favorites was Mora's run down the wing, massive sheppard from 211 and Mora's goal..... still gives me goose bumps thinking of it!

DeBoer's effort to get the loose ball to a team mate in the Derby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeBoer accelerating then smashing into Beau tough man Waters and the look of WTF and whereTF am I on Waters face !!! priceless.......only thing that could have bettered it was if it was Andrew Sqibb Embley on the end of it

Barlow round 1 v Adelaide
Morabito and Pav v Geelong round 3
Barlow v Adelaide away (3 goals)
Frodo - 6 goals vs Weagles
Sandis bump and Morabitos goal v Hawthorn
McPharlin absolutely pwning Buddy (and the jeering of the crowd)
Walters v Geelong in final
Duffield the whole year
MDB destroying Waters

Crowd v Hawthorn final
Crowd v Geelong final (freo chants throughout)

Way too many to mention :D

Barlow's debut
barlows effort against the blues
stephen hill's goal agains the cats
david mundy's finals performances
mcpharlin destroying buddy
stephen hills effort after being criticised as not being desperate by leigh matthews
MDB's desperate lunge in the derby
barlows game agains the bombers

so many great efforts

Barlow against Carlton. 33 possessions 4 goals largely as a high half forward.

I was watching some highlight packages last night from purple blood29. The amount of time you heard commentators say something like: "De Boer goes in hard...De Boer puts his head over the ball" and the ball came out to our advantage for goals etc was amazing.

Hilly against Brisbane.
Barlow round one
Pav against Geelong and the Eagles both games.
McPharlin on Buddy in the final

Putting it in the too hard basket to nominate one.

Barlow on debut and against Carlton. Barlow against Adelaide.
Pav against Geelong round 3
De Boer in the 2nd derby

Mundy's final series, and Johnson's final series were great to see as well.

For 1st/2nd year kids, Hilly, Fyfe, Mora, Roberton and Walters had some cracking moments/games as well.

Hill's game against Brisbane at the Gabba. Was the first time I've seen the kid play live and all I could do was sit back an say wow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back