Injury Injury list Rnd 23 (latest Davoren is safe)

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's put the current injury crisis into perspective ...

Collingwood has 41 players on its senior list plus 4 rookies. Let's assume that we have suffient LTI's to promote every rookie (Maxwell, Brown, Oxley, Adams). So we effectively have a senior playing list of 45.

Our current AFL injury list on the CFC website has 16 names on it. Add Martin to that to make it 17.

5 of those 17 are "test" (Clarke, Heritier, Pendles, Elliott, Dwyer). Let's be honest, the club's record of getting a player back the first week they're listed as 'test' ain't good. And it's hardly the time to risk playing underdone players.

So there's a good chance Collingwood will only have a list of 28 players this week to pick a team of 22 from. Expect players to be playing out of position all over the field.

That'll leave 6 unlucky players who'll play VFL.

Collingwood have a VFL roster of 29 players. Add a TAC cup player to make that 30. Add the 6 leftover senior / rookie players to make that 36.

Collingwood's VFL injury list currently has 8 names on it.

That means our VFL team also has 28 players to select a team from. The VFL team typically has a larger team selection - last week our VFL team sheet had 27 names on it.

We're almost out of players!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Another one bites the dust;
@RohanCT: Looks like another soft tissue injury at collingwoodfc - Kyle Martin left training early holding his hamstring. #epidemic

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Do they organise Swan to appear at pizza restaurant nights?

Nails cut and cleaned, shoe laces tied properly, clean underwear, socks pulled up, piercings removed before training and games, spelling on tattoos correct: mundane tasks really but someone's got to do it

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On The Club;
Beams: no ligament damage
Pendles: likely available
Trav Cloke: not as bad as 1st thought

sorry , I know that doesn't give any answers but good news I guess..or just spin?

No ligament damage = He's still f**ked
Likely available = Will probably re-injure himself on Friday
Not as bad as 1st thought = Season over.

'Likely available' sounds like 'selection funny buggers'.

If you believe in omens stop reading NOW.

Cloke listed as an ankle 3-4 weeks.
Others recently listed with an ankle on Pies injury list include DT, Maxy & Oxley - look how they all turned out (Gone, Retired, Out for season)
Those listed with variable injury time (think Freeman) have also not fared well.

I posted this in the "health and fitness section" Just my opinion on what's going on.

Full review at Collingwood within their high performance team, few heads will roll! serves them right for trying to have their players lift like power athletes. There was a shift in thinking a few years ago that football was predominately an Anaerobic sport, running loads dropped > players got heavier > players got stronger > range of motion decreased > muscular in-balances increased = Players got injured! A few clicked on, some clearly haven't

Football is not dissimilar to road cycling, there's track cyclists pushing pushing 2,000watts (NFL players) but the guys winning all the sprint stages at the tour de france and making millions are only pushing 1,400-1,600watts. The only reason the track cyclists aren't cleaning up on the road and making money is because they don't have the aerobic base, so their anaerobic power is irrelevant, they can't get to the end, same as a footballer!!

Aerobic power in aus rules footballers is a bigger dictator of Anaerobic power during a game than actual peak anaerobic power.

And there can be no argument made against the fact that the best form of injury prevention is game specific loading, take Ben Reid for example it's like history repeating.. soft tissue injury > rehab (squating/deadlifting/glute ham) > onto the track (3-4weeks) > into the VFL (1-2) > afl the bam, another injury. I feel for him, give him 6 months of progressive running/ fatigued running/ match simulation running not 6 weeks! Look at Swan, you can tell by his body shape he clearly doesn't have much load in the legs. I could rant on forever! as much as I dislike Collingwood seeing players careers ruined by incompetence is not cool!

I posted this in the "health and fitness section" Just my opinion on what's going on.

Full review at Collingwood within their high performance team, few heads will roll! serves them right for trying to have their players lift like power athletes. There was a shift in thinking a few years ago that football was predominately an Anaerobic sport, running loads dropped > players got heavier > players got stronger > range of motion decreased > muscular in-balances increased = Players got injured! A few clicked on, some clearly haven't

Football is not dissimilar to road cycling, there's track cyclists pushing pushing 2,000watts (NFL players) but the guys winning all the sprint stages at the tour de france and making millions are only pushing 1,400-1,600watts. The only reason the track cyclists aren't cleaning up on the road and making money is because they don't have the aerobic base, so their anaerobic power is irrelevant, they can't get to the end, same as a footballer!!

Aerobic power in aus rules footballers is a bigger dictator of Anaerobic power during a game than actual peak anaerobic power.

And there can be no argument made against the fact that the best form of injury prevention is game specific loading, take Ben Reid for example it's like history repeating.. soft tissue injury > rehab (squating/deadlifting/glute ham) > onto the track (3-4weeks) > into the VFL (1-2) > afl the bam, another injury. I feel for him, give him 6 months of progressive running/ fatigued running/ match simulation running not 6 weeks! Look at Swan, you can tell by his body shape he clearly doesn't have much load in the legs. I could rant on forever! as much as I dislike Collingwood seeing players careers ruined by incompetence is not cool!
Curious as to how you know what Pies approach has been?

If you believe in omens stop reading NOW.

Cloke listed as an ankle 3-4 weeks.
Others recently listed with an ankle on Pies injury list include DT, Maxy & Oxley - look how they all turned out (Gone, Retired, Out for season)
Those listed with variable injury time (think Freeman) have also not fared well.

Check your calendar. I'll think you'll find 3-4 weeks IS Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back