Inside Footy Mock Draft 2014 1.0

Remove this Banner Ad

If (and that's a big if at this stage) it does happen we don't need them to be competitive, losing their license should be the result of having 10+ players suspended for 24 months.

They can keep their license.... the Hobart Bombers has quite a ring to it I reckon

Lol who done this mock draft? JOKE!

Hypothetically if 10+ players from Essendon are suspended for 24 months by ASADA, what is the most likely outcome from the AFL as compensation with regards to draft picks.

I would think something like 5 picks at the end of the first round of which 4 must be traded to other clubs for mature aged players and another 5 at the end of the 2nd and 3 of them that must be traded for mature aged players. We and the AFL need Essendon to be competitive but also wouldn't want them stockpiling young talent so hence enforcing that they have to use those picks to trade, which is really what should have happened to GWS and GC which would have made them more competitive early and wouldn't have set up the inevitable situation that is going to occur over the next decade where they completely dominate.

No way do the AFL reward them with additional picks if they get a heap rubbed out. They will have to pick at the bottom of the draft.

No way do the AFL reward them with additional picks if they get a heap rubbed out. They will have to pick at the bottom of the draft.

Makes the most sense too, IMO. Pick up mature players from the state leagues to tide them over.

Hypothetically if 10+ players from Essendon are suspended for 24 months by ASADA, what is the most likely outcome from the AFL as compensation with regards to draft picks.

I would think something like 5 picks at the end of the first round of which 4 must be traded to other clubs for mature aged players and another 5 at the end of the 2nd and 3 of them that must be traded for mature aged players. We and the AFL need Essendon to be competitive but also wouldn't want them stockpiling young talent so hence enforcing that they have to use those picks to trade, which is really what should have happened to GWS and GC which would have made them more competitive early and wouldn't have set up the inevitable situation that is going to occur over the next decade where they completely dominate.

not the place nor the time

How would you add 10 players without delisting 10 players ? Don't think for a second that any club would feel sorry for a bunch of cheats and accept the afl giving you draft picks to auction off .
Delist the 10 and draft into the 12th
Round !

How would you add 10 players without delisting 10 players ? Don't think for a second that any club would feel sorry for a bunch of cheats and accept the afl giving you draft picks to auction off .
Delist the 10 and draft into the 12th
Round !
He's a ******* Carlton supporter.

Would be happy with Keitel at 19

The AFL could struggle to put on competitive games for TV if enough players are out. The answer is simple just like we did as kids. If the opposition cannot provide enough players just get some of our own players to put on the Dons Guernsey for the day............... well it makes as much sense as stuffing up yet another draft with compo picks!!
Or maybe all other club players names could go into a hat (except for Dees players) and those names picked out play for the Dons for the period of suspension. This is even better than stuffing up another draft!!! Don't laugh remember when the Bears were brought into the competition clubs had to list players whom the Bears could poach. That is why the GC and GWS got good concessions ..............the Bears were an AFL embarrassment for years - well at least until the Lions folded and they could get there hands on some genuine players.

Who has written this article?
I can't see us overlooking Brayshaw at #5 if the four KPP are all gone.
From what I understand the club were pretty happy with what they observed of Brayshaw in the pre-season as part of the AIS training program

Who has written this article?
I can't see us overlooking Brayshaw at #5 if the four KPP are all gone.
From what I understand the club were pretty happy with what they observed of Brayshaw in the pre-season as part of the AIS training program

Is not Accurate it’s just for Discussion Really

I think that the bloke who wrote it would have a much better idea than you Punchy.

He is a Melbourne supporter too.

I assume it's Brett Anderson then?

Not for one second do I think I know more than him about junior talent coming through but the general consensus from those that watch u/18 footy is that Pickett is a mid to late 1st round pick.

Time will tell but I certainly know as a Melbourne supporter that we are in need of more ball winning mids & I don't need a journalism degree for that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume it's Brett Anderson then?

Not for one second do I think I know more than him about junior talent coming through but the general consensus from those that watch u/18 footy is that Pickett is a mid to late 1st round pick.

Time will tell but I certainly know as a Melbourne supporter that we are in need of more ball winning mids & I don't need a journalism degree for that!

Picket is more a reciever and line breaker, very much like stretch.
He can win his own ball though just doesn't do it enough.
He never tackles though and his defensive side is lacking.

Cheers.

If that's the case, I think it makes it even more unlikely we would take Pickett over a pure ball winning mid like Brayshaw, when we will pick up Stretch anyway.

Sounds like what Yarran was like the year he was drafted.

If Essendon lose two or more players to sanctions the club is in jeopardy of suspension. I am sure the AFL wont want this to happen and will try to get around it, but I dont think the AFL will reward the bombers with draft picks, rather they may lose what they have.

If Essendon lose two or more players to sanctions the club is in jeopardy of suspension. I am sure the AFL wont want this to happen and will try to get around it, but I dont think the AFL will reward the bombers with draft picks, rather they may lose what they have.

The Bombers deserve nothing, this high court challenge is effectively bringing the game into disrepute all over again. If you cheated you cheated, you can't wash that stain away.... they should pay the price and it's completely unfair on the rest of the competition if they are able to continue as if nothing happened. If they moved and become the Hobart Bombers then maybe they could have a couple of picks back but that's the only offering they'd get from me.

anyway, sorry for interupting the thread, wake me up when the Swans have traded back into the first round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back