Roast Is anyone else disappointed with how the club treated Nick Riewoldt over the selfie saga

Remove this Banner Ad

"It is believed a frustrated Riewoldt disrespected Ms Musster when she asked him to fulfil his requirements.

In Ms Musster’s presence Riewoldt then told his teammates to “get the f--- off the ground” because he was incensed with the side’s performance, despite the big win.

The Saints are one of eight Victorian clubs lobbying hard for a licence in the new national women’s football league, to be launched next year."

He SWORE in the presence of a LAADDDYYYY?!?! And HOW exactly did he "disrespect" her? There's no detail on that. And to top that all off, what the **** does this have to do with us attempting to have a team in the women's football league?! Might as well throw in a casual commentary of what flavour Gatorade is most popular down at the club.

Honestly, this is just plain defamation IMO. It's implying sexism and discrimination on Riewoldt's part which from all the details they have listed appears to be NO evidence of. I have pretty strong feelings on equality and identify as a feminist as a part of that, it's plainly obvious that women have been second class citizens historically and there is still a lot of sexism in society. Which is why trying to label this s**t as sexist is frustrating; it makes actual cases of sexism be viewed with skepticism and doubt by some because of this ridiculousness and people will start associating complaints of inequality and sexism with pieces like this. That is to say they will look at sexism and gender inequality as a beatup that gets too much airtime and often lacks any credence, which is just not true.

This story and particularly the worst articles written on it tick the box for "crap" on so many levels. Absolute garbage.

Totally agree.

Didn't think it was possible to hate the HS or Essendon any more than I did but somehow it's possible. Thanks for your views Dyson, you've disrespected possibly the most respected player in today's game. Will never happen but I hope WADA finds your involvement in a footy based show illegal and makes you start your suspension fresh from the end of next season you flog.

Didn't think it was possible to hate the HS or Essendon any more than I did but somehow it's possible. Thanks for your views Dyson, you've disrespected possibly the most respected player in today's game. Will never happen but I hope WADA finds your involvement in a footy based show illegal and makes you start your suspension fresh from the end of next season you flog.

What did he say?

What did he say?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/772339a5693538673035e1c53328eb8a

basically that you go an interact with the fans no matter what after a win, implying that he would never do what roo did, which was basically just try and get the boys moving towards the rooms so he could talk to them. What a flog heppel is, essendon are fkd if he's their next captain, no respect. Even if he disagreed with roo's actions, to say anything other than 'well he was probably very passionate after the game, he is as hard a player as is out there and obviously takes some time winding down' show's heppel is either stupid or wants a career in the media in the next year or so. So yeah - stupid

What did he say?
basically that you go an interact with the fans no matter what after a win, implying that he would never do what roo did,
That's okay Dysie baby, there's also a few things you do that Nick would never do :rolleyes:

105218-macca.jpg

Not a saints fan obviously but this pissed me off, he has been not only a champion of the Saints but he has been a champion of the game, been an exemplary leader on and off the field, nothing but respect for him, for sh*t rags like the Herald Sun to run him down like they did in the hope of inciting some kind of sensationalist type gender scandal is a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piss poor journalism from Sam Landsberger, must honestly have nothing else to write.
But to degrade our skipper, because he doesn't accept mediocrity and because he was not
that keen on taking a couple selfies with fans (which mind you he did) is absolutely pathetic.

Look what the man has done with Maddie's Vision he is an inspiration.

I and everyone else I have spoken to about Nick Riewoldt only speaks
great of him. Landsberger is the only person I have ever heard speak of him
like that, and I think it is reflective of what type of bloke this journalist is
w***er.

Last edited:
If anything, this isn't a sexism issue, but a treating all staff with respect issue. But, on game day, players have to come first. Taking photos with the crowd is great fan engagement, but the best possible fan engagement is winning consistently. Nick is our captain, it's his job to demand the best from each of our players every time they go on the field. And if that means he vetoes the media guys because he thinks that's the best way for our team to improve, then so be it.

I'm most disappointed that someone at the club went to the media with this.

What pisses me off is how it even got into the media. We can blame the media for a crap story like this getting on page 3 but their job is to sell papers and get hits on the internet. We cant control any of that. What we can control you would hope is how this even got into the media. Bloody pathetic if we cant control our staff. Its a crap story though and was really worth one paragraph on page 69.

What pisses me off is how it even got into the media. We can blame the media for a crap story like this getting on page 3 but their job is to sell papers and get hits on the internet. We cant control any of that. What we can control you would hope is how this even got into the media. Bloody pathetic if we cant control our staff. Its a crap story though and was really worth one paragraph on page 69.

couldnt agree more plug!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie stuck up for Nick big time on MMM this morning, and gave it to the media

Did he give it to the club employee who caused the media to write the crap?
Both said it was a rubbish piece and did mention who ever leaked it needed a kick up the bum

What's worse (although not at all surprising) is Flog Barrett bringing it up in his 'Sliding Doors' piece..

Once again nothing positive about us

Funny how Kelley has become the brunt of St Kilda supporters aggression in relation to this "story".
What if your wife or daughter had a male workmate aggressively insult her for doing nothing more than a job she has been employed to do? Would you tell her she should be sacked or that her workmate was just being a great leader? Whether you agree with players interacting with fans after a game is irrelevant, its not about the fans directly in this incident.
I'll no doubt get shot down for this post but maybe Roo did the wrong thing? Maybe he's not perfect? Maybe he made a mistake which he later apologized for.
I don't think the story should have been on page 3 of a major paper but I also don't think blindly backing in somebody on the back of a second hand story is the right way to go either.
This should have stayed in house, but the fact that somebody from the club let Sam know shows me that maybe it was a big enough issue for some people at the club. It's also not Sam's fault that the HS put it on page 3.
Let's hope Roo plays a blinder tomorrow and a win makes this all go away.

Doesn't have to be a leak someone on the ground could of seen what happened told a journo who asked the club who said Roo did the wrong thing for the right reasons and apologised when we got back to training to set the right example for the young players.
I think this whole thing is being blown up way too big and don't think anyone in the club would of been that worried til it ended up in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

Back