List Mgmt. It's time for a rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

no to a rebuild cant afford to go backwards.. MAYBE a change of coach at seasons end and aggressive trade period for mine.
Why not let choco(That's if his well enough) caretake till the end of season with a few new tactics to sort out the spuds so new coach has an idea. Cause if his still in charge and we go the way we are going the new coach will have no f idea?

Why not let choco(That's if his well enough) caretake till the end of season with a few new tactics to sort out the spuds so new coach has an idea. Cause if his still in charge and we go the way we are going the new coach will have no f idea?

I believe Dimma has earn't the right to at least see out this year (remember 2 conseq finals appearances) Why fall back into the mould of sacking coaches?? have you ask Choco weather he wants to coach?? is he over his illness? is there a better option out there? can we afford to pay out Dimmas contract? Will we really improve under a new coach in the short term?? this season is far from done and dusted and if we are true to past form we are likely to pinch a few of these next few games and we're back in the mix. I think too many are willing to write off this season to soon. Knee jerk reactions..

I believe Dimma has earn't the right to at least see out this year (remember 2 conseq finals appearances) Why fall back into the mould of sacking coaches?? have you ask Choco weather he wants to coach?? is he over his illness? is there a better option out there? can we afford to pay out Dimmas contract? Will we really improve under a new coach in the short term?? this season is far from done and dusted and if we are true to past form we are likely to pinch a few of these next few games and we're back in the mix. I think too many are willing to write off this season to soon. Knee jerk reactions..
I quoted if he was well enough! but won't cost much as he is already on the books. My way of thinking is to be pro active as in business if your not and it take's a tumble you have a difficult time getting up again.

I quoted if he was well enough! but won't cost much as he is already on the books. My way of thinking is to be pro active as in business if your not and it take's a tumble you have a difficult time getting up again.

yes true proactive is right but 4 games into a 22 game season is a knee jerk reaction. If we did anything now this season becomes a write off (some think it already is, i don't)

Orange miracles do happen but we are Richmond ffs do you really think well come good? And we are past the sacking crap club, last few coaches have been given lot's of time and taken us nowhere again not the fault of there's, but the fault of the Muppet's that appoint them. But if it was good enough to sack Wallace Frawley what has dimma done to deserve a stay of prosecution's.?

yes true proactive is right but 4 games into a 22 game season is a knee jerk reaction. If we did anything now this season becomes a write off (some think it already is, i don't)
Pro active after 6 long year's it's not just this 4 game's m8 and i do respect your belief on writing us off thing as this is a forum to tell how we feel. Honestly i reckon be 50 50 but some of the belief 50 are slowly changing their tune.

Can the CEO be doing a good job if the footy department is doing a bad job? Surely that is a contradiciton..
No because each position has its own job to do. If you had a business and 1 of your employees wasn't performing or a group isn't performing do you replace them or do you sack yourself? The point is the CEO has different parameters by which they would have to fail for HIM(and him only) to be considered untenable. I am just saying it is fair enough to consider the coach and their staff to be in trouble but not the CEO IF his job KPI's are doing ok, of which they are.

I don't think a full rebuild is in order however I do think our team needs to be broken into segments and these segments need to be assessed as to whether they need to be rebuilt or not. The most simple segmentation is back, fwd, mid however I'd like to see more science applied (which BTW I'm sure they are at least attempting "inside the 4 walls").

Now lots of problems are evident at the moment. Amongst these, and key to how we seem to offer such inconsistent performance, I think our midfield is well over-rated. 3 years ago I would have thought Cotch, Martin, Lids and a decent support cast and a few years development would be enough to test the best sides. However the way I see it, Martin just can't summon the aerobic capacity needed for a top line midfielder (btw: contrary to some on here I don't see this as lack of effort/desire on his part, I see it more genetics) and thus needs to play cameo mid field and/or more mid field and get hurt defensively, Cotchin's disposal I feel has been affected by his body not being 100% and spiral in confidence (I'm not sure he'll get back to 100% bodywise as the game is just so demanding) hate to say this but he resembles more toby greene in terms of disposal output than anyone elite; it's hurting us, Lid's body is also showing ware the tear. Miles and Sheds have added to the mid field in the last year or so, however we desperately need more support (cause while they have come on warriors like tuck and Jacko are now gone) to stop the demolition job decent mid fields to on ours. Vlas seems tough enough however tank seems like it's going to be an issue. We need development from any/all of Conca, Lennon, C-Ellis and more.

Our midfield needs to be seen for what it is and not overrated. Only then can we see if that bit of the puzzle needs to be rebuilt. Similarly with other bits of the team. I actually think this can be turned around fairly quickly with very savy development of players we have and very astute drafting of the right types of young players.

No because each position has its own job to do. If you had a business and 1 of your employees wasn't performing or a group isn't performing do you replace them or do you sack yourself? The point is the CEO has different parameters by which they would have to fail for HIM(and him only) to be considered untenable. I am just saying it is fair enough to consider the coach and their staff to be in trouble but not the CEO IF his job KPI's are doing ok, of which they are.

Well I didnt get all that so wont disagree. Just think that Big Ben is not up to the footy side of things. He is a careerist and more comfortable shmoozing sponsors in corporate boxes than rolling up his sleeves and fixing a disfunctional footy department. But then again I have not gotten over his application for the AFL job last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back