James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

And their in lies the doubt and cynicism to this all.

Do we really believe Hawthorn would pay James Frawley the $650k a year that legitimately warrants this being a first round compo pick... I ******* doubt it.

They probably gave him a blank cheque if it meant that Schoenmakers never made it out of the Box Hill Hawks again.

They probably gave him a blank cheque if it meant that Schoenmakers never made it out of the Box Hill Hawks again.

Yeah, surprised the hawks are apparently committed to keeping him. Perhaps they see Frawley and Shoemarker's as the back line for the next decade?

Are you including the 2001 National Draft where the Hawks picked Luke Hodge?

We traded for that pick with Fremantle. So we lost players to get it. We didn't receive another pick until 16 in that draft.
I'am... Footy wire has it down as a PP? I'll take your word for situation... still doesn't change my point though... Hawthorn recieved far more assistance during their build than Melbourne and with far less scrutiny... I'am i jealous? Of course I am...lol...

Dee's did themselves and the AFL a very fortunate favour by back ending Chips contract thus making him a FA not a RFA...... thus contract terms will not be released and the AFL don't have to justify this gift....
Hope the Dee's use this well...
Don't worry.. I'm sure with Roos as our coach now, we'll be able to develop you guys a pretty decent player with that pick..

3 votes for that game. It's all about quality
I wasn't doubting that he played a role or was good etc. he was one of a number of good Dogs players that day, to destroy the opposition I think of an Ablett/Buddy type performance rather than popping up at a number of key moments.

Yeah, surprised the hawks are apparently committed to keeping him. Perhaps they see Frawley and Shoemarker's as the back line for the next decade?
Dunno about that. Schoenmakers is better up forward as the second or third tall. If he doesn't get traded this year he will probably leave next. The hawks might be hoping he finds some form next year for increased value. Wouldn't be supeised to see the hawks really go for Alex rance in the 2015 off-season.

Just cleaned up the last however many pages of the thread and deleted over 100 posts of trolling and biting. Many of you have been thread banned. Hopefully that'll bring this thread back on track rather than the complete derail and mess it had become.

Edit: That includes any conspiracy-level BS.

Last edited:
I'am... Footy wire has it down as a PP? I'll take your word for situation... still doesn't change my point though... Hawthorn recieved far more assistance during their build than Melbourne and with far less scrutiny... I'am i jealous? Of course I am...lol...

Was a PP for Fremantle, on traded to us for Hodge

I'm happy he's at Hawthorn he'll help strengthen the defence but definitely don't think he's worth pick No.3.

Melbourne gets pick 3
Hawthorn get Frawley
16 other clubs get punished....that fair?

End of first round should be maximum compensation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So doggies think that the contract we offered Frawley was pretty similar to the one that North offered Higgins. They are spitting chips because they got pick 26 and Melbourne got pick 3.
Who cares what the dogs think. They got way overs for Higgins, they should be bloody happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back