Rumour James Hird to be appointed head coach if GWS struggles this season

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird looks like he still experimenting with drugs which are slowly transforming him into Kurt Russell
Recipe is botox, fake tan and cocaine. Nina Simone's rider was champagne, sausages and cocaine. Much better.

Last edited:

There might be some stigma attached to pumping players full of performance enhancers, but you do have to wonder how much more interesting the competition would be if they just allowed some wacky arms race where clubs had open season on them?

The Bombers were actually half decent to watch when the majority of their squad was doped to the gills. Watson won a Brownlow, Brent Stanton temporarily become an elite player.

Would love to see how far sports science could go with no barriers and the best biochemists brought into a club-funded thinktank.

Brent Daniels would be cracking 45 touches each game. Every second week the Giants would swing Nick Haynes forward, he'd kick his 10-12 and end up breaking Peter Hudson's record.

No idea if Rodchenkov is still consulting, but if I was Hird I'd be seeing what he's up to.

There’s no indication at all gws are considering him for a senior role, this rumour is completely made up because he joined the club and Leon Cameron is under external pressure.

It’s speculation, not a rumour.

Probably the same reason Wayne Carey is a commentator, Leigh Matthews was a coach and commentator, Ted Witten is so revered, Jobe and Tim Watson have jobs in the media, and Eddie Maguire not be held to account.

All are absolute rubbish humans, but they are part of the circle jerk at the top of the AFL. The elite end of the AFL is a massive protection racket for those on the inside. It's hard to get in, but once there you can do no wrong.

Don't get me wrong - the boys' club/'jobz for the boyz' sentiment is absolutely real and unashamedly exists in the upper echelons of the AFL.

However, you've picked a bit of a mixed bag of individuals to illustrate the point. Sure, some of them have done some fairly questionable things or have exhibited behaviour that leaves a lot to be desired, but none of them hold a candle to Hird's efforts.

What Hird was a party to was absolutely criminal. It was a crime against football fans everywhere.

So long as Leon Cameron joins the Dogs as an assistant I don't care.

I'm struggling to decipher most of your message, but the bit that I can - Agree, Goodwin is a poor character and should not be coaching. I've posted on here numerous times. He was up to his eyeballs in the Essendon drug cheating and I don't want him a Melbourne. I've also said that there needs to be an investigation into Shane Carter's involvement with AFL Players in the late 90's early 2000's including James Hird and Shane Woewodin.
Presumably samples are kept frozen - I wonder how long for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants players in 2023.

Shark Tank Muscle GIF by ABC Network

Don't see it.

Of all the AFL, AFLW, and state league teams head coaches and assistants, there would surely be a lot of people who could do the job at least as well if not better, without the baggage and media circus Hird has.

You'd be an idiot to make him head coach again anywhere. Not worth it.

Check out the big fella here. Already doing the math on whether he can afford one of those seized cut-price oligarch yachts with all the extra clicks and advertising revenue it would bring in. Sicko.
Patrick Plotting GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Not going to happen.

Clarkson will join GWS on a 10 year deal after he agrees to go to the Suns.

Yeah/Na, as much as the Essendon coterie and some in the VFL/AFL would like to see the return of the wayward son it's not going to happen.

Don't see it.

Of all the AFL, AFLW, and state league teams head coaches and assistants, there would surely be a lot of people who could do the job at least as well if not better, without the baggage and media circus Hird has.

You'd be an idiot to make him head coach again anywhere. Not worth it.

ol gil.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back